ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
WestFest OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
WestFest 2011 - Darby ReDo - Official info & signup thread

Here you go, the official WestFest thread for 2011. We had so much fun in Darby, Montana in 2010 that we’re going to do it there again this year

Added 2/3/11 - Good news! The Unofficial Organizing Committee of the Montana 1000 has offered up another week long unorganized self-guided tour that starts in Darby on the Sunday before WF11, and gets you back by Friday for the start of WF. Check out the MT1k v2.1 thread HERE and the website HERE We'll work again with the Logger Folks and others for parking, etc. I think the Budget Motel has said they are willing to work with people who are staying there on parking in their lot.

When? Friday through Sunday, July 22-24. Show up on Friday, leave on Sunday.

Where? Darby Logger Grounds in Darby Montana. It’s on the south side of town, right about HERE

What? Some good eats and beverages. A place to pitch your tent or park your camper (It’s dry camping - no hookups) Fantastic riding in the Bitterroot Valley and surrounding area. Heck, you could even check out the MT1000 route from last year. It’s a great gravel and scenic road ride.

How much? $65.00 per person. Paypal would be easiest. Please send a Personal payment to WestFest11 at Yahoo.com. Make sure to include your ADV screen name in the transaction.

If you need another payment method (an address to send a check to, etc) send a PM to WestFest and I can work with you.

Please note - In order to make this work, you must have your payment in no later than June 15. No refunds after that date. I would really appreciate payment as early as you can as we have to put in the deposit on the Logger Grounds in Mid-May and we will need to get food ordered, etc. Your help is appreciated.

Wanna T-Shirt?
Fattees will once again be the official T-Shirt vendor for WestFest. We'll get a link up to the ordering site when we get a bit closer to July.

What else?
We are planning on having showers available at the school just up the road. The Logger Grounds folks said the would be checking on the showers to see if they could have both cold and hot water this year.

They have also said that people are welcome to show up on Thursday the 21st if they wanted to camp. She will have the porta pots ready to go, water hose run, etc.

If the MT1000 crew decides to put on a full blown tour again this year, we can work on parking, etc during the week.

Inside Accomodations?
So you say you’d rather not sleep on the ground? There’s some nice places to stay in Darby including The Mountain Spirit InnLINKY (right across the street from the Logger grounds).

The Budget Motel is up the street a bit. Check out TT's post. While not the Ritz - it was clean and the shower was warm.

The Traveller’s Rest is a little further up, but still within walking distance.

Adele and Jerry at The Mountain Spirit Inn are great folks and promoters of Darby and the Valley. They’ve offered to help people find lodging. So if you need help, feel free to give them a call.

Need to Ship Tires, etc. to Darby?
ShadyRascal has offered once again to be the shipping delivery point for those who’d like to send tires or other stuff ahead. Please PM him for details.

So I want to come join the fun. What do I do next?
Feel free to start letting us know that you’re “in” by posting in this thread. If you have questions, please send a PM to “WestFest”. I set it up so I could keep all the WestFest stuff in one place.

Stay tuned for more details. We’ll get the rest of the stuff sorted out in the next couple weeks, but this should be enough to get that vacation request in and start planning your route across America.

And thanks to Putts, ShadyRascal and Kinsman for stepping up early so we can make this happen. And all the rest of you folks who have already offered to help, You will get your chance as well.

So there you have it. Let the games begin!

9Dave

WestFest screwed with this post 04-06-2011 at 07:01 PM
WestFest is offline   Reply With Quote