Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2005, 08:37 PM   #31
bigdog99
CJ's bitch

Oddometer: 262
[QUOTE=Cpt. Ron]Yup, that was me. The only oilhead, and the only guy in a one-piece Aerostitch on a GS ride. But a hotdog? I was thinking more of a noob.....

I don't know about noob-CJ and I were both pretty impressed with you getting the oilhead through the ride.

I think I spent about 2 weekends, and rode about 200 miles of trail to decide on which routes to take the RCB group on. It's always hard to know who will show up and what their skill level will be. There was a lot more riding around Bridgeport/Bodie that we didn't include. We'll have to all get together with L2L and do another weekend. How about we do a remote campout?? Not only do you have to ride all the jeep trails we can find, but also have to carry tents/stoves,food,SNPA, etc.?
bigdog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:50 PM   #32
ktmnate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,010
[QUOTE=bigdog99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Ron
Yup, that was me. The only oilhead, and the only guy in a one-piece Aerostitch on a GS ride. But a hotdog? I was thinking more of a noob.....

I don't know about noob-CJ and I were both pretty impressed with you getting the oilhead through the ride.

I think I spent about 2 weekends, and rode about 200 miles of trail to decide on which routes to take the RCB group on. It's always hard to know who will show up and what their skill level will be. There was a lot more riding around Bridgeport/Bodie that we didn't include. We'll have to all get together with L2L and do another weekend. How about we do a remote campout?? Not only do you have to ride all the jeep trails we can find, but also have to carry tents/stoves,food,SNPA, etc.?
Ok, stop! I'm in.
ktmnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:52 PM   #33
gussie
2 Dumb 4 NY & 2 Ugly 4 LA

Oddometer: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall
All that will be clear of snow when we make this trip. Nice pics.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77497
Yeah, that White Mtn trip looks like a hoot. Gonna try and make that one.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:16 PM   #34
knary
sunshine and puppies

Oddometer: 29,325
Great great shot!

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:39 AM   #35
dino2000
No Bad Daze

Oddometer: 1,334
I volunteer to carry the beer and bring the secret sauce
dino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:14 AM   #36
ktmnate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino2000
I volunteer to carry the beer and bring the secret sauce
I'm gonna help Dino
ktmnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:00 AM   #37
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 2,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog99

Well thank you for the compliment. Now that I've got an airhead, there's no Let's-bring-a-Dakar-race-truck-to-run-the-Sheetiron-Syndrome.

Screw SNPA. Not that I don't like it, mind you. It's just that bottles break and they're heavy, and then you gotta haul them out. I can brew up 2 5-gal batches of my homebrew. And, I've made racks to carry the corny kegs. I just might need someone to carry my underwear and toothebrush. Rough roads might not be too kind to the beer or bike, however. That's a lot of weight for an airhead (especially with my lard-ass on it).

Or, have someone truck the beer in.....

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:31 AM   #38
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Ron
Well thank you for the compliment. Now that I've got an airhead, there's no Let's-bring-a-Dakar-race-truck-to-run-the-Sheetiron-Syndrome.

Screw SNPA. Not that I don't like it, mind you. It's just that bottles break and they're heavy, and then you gotta haul them out. I can brew up 2 5-gal batches of my homebrew. And, I've made racks to carry the corny kegs. I just might need someone to carry my underwear and toothebrush. Rough roads might not be too kind to the beer or bike, however. That's a lot of weight for an airhead (especially with my lard-ass on it).

Or, have someone truck the beer in.....
Or... leave the home brew at my house and I'll tell you guys how it was when you get back!!!
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #39
luv2lean OP
not lost til out of gas

Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog99
How about we do a remote campout?? Not only do you have to ride all the jeep trails we can find, but also have to carry tents/stoves,food,SNPA, etc.?
That sounds good to me as long as I get a king size bed and 3 pillows - motels are cheap in them there parts!
luv2lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 05:02 PM   #40
Makalu
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,824
Nice pics.
Makalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 09:26 PM   #41
luv2lean OP
not lost til out of gas

A week after our 2-up dual sport adventure I thought things would be back to normal. As the wife and I are discussing where to ride this past weekend, I assume we're going somewhere on the R11RT as usual, but she says ... we could take the KTM and find some new dirt roads.
Hmmm, I think she likes it!!
Old 05-23-2005, 12:04 AM   #42
bigdog99
CJ's bitch

Oddometer: 262
2-up ride for Mrs. L2L?

Judy and I rode up to Downieville for breakfast this morning. Decided to ride from Goodyear's Bar back up to Allegheny and take the GS hard-way ride from last year's RCB outing. Ran into snow drifts trying to get up Henness Pass Road so after pushing through a couple, but finding our way blocked, retreated to Forest City and then took pavement to Allegheny. Went down Kanaka Creek Rd and crossed old bridge near 16:1 mine. The next steep uphill was rutted and muddy, but was able to go around outsides and get to top of the ridge.

Headed down to German Bar, much more rutted and muddy than last year. The last 1/4 mile or so was covered in water running from a spring or something. At the Yuba River, what were calm pools last year is a rushing torrrent this year. Looked like the river had been over the rocky section of road before you start back up to Graniteville Rd. Quite a bit of deep standing water around the rocks. Luckily the long uphill climb out of the river is mostly exposed rock, so with 25 psi in rear and two-person load, GS climbs like a goat. The upper sections were muddy and rutted in places this year.

After seeing the Yuba, I didn't want to try the crossing at Poorman's Creek in to Washington, as it was washing over cylinders last year and there's gotta be twice as much water this year. So went down past Malakoff to Edward's and home.

Beautiful day, didn't pass a single vehicle anywhere.
bigdog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:13 AM   #43
HackyMoto
TEAMUSAGSTROPHY2012

Oddometer: 1,046
Hi L2L, my mother in-law lives in Yerington right around that cluster of trees in the for ground post #16. I was down that way a couple of years ago and I was wondering where the hell that trail went thanks for the write up.

Sponsor
alaskaleather.com

Join Smugmug save 5 bucks coupon(uADB4GsV1gfKM)
HackyMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:08 AM   #44
luv2lean OP
not lost til out of gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackyMoto
Hi L2L, my mother in-law lives in Yerington right around that cluster of trees in the for ground post #16. I was down that way a couple of years ago and I was wondering where the hell that trail went thanks for the write up.
We went throught that cluster of trees to get to Mickey Pass. It's called Weed Heights if were on the same page. Next time your out there, Mickey Pass is worth a look.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:09 AM   #45
olddude
Auburn, CA

Oddometer: 30
Where did you get the back box?

Been to Bodi a few times in a car. Looking forward to the bike

05 950 Adventure
07 450 XC
05 TW200

olddude is offline   Reply With Quote