Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2005, 06:28 AM   #1
rhys OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,661
"The Tire Plugger" kit, trustworthy?

Riders here at ADVenture are THE authority in anything motorcycle; so I come to you and ask of your knowledge, experience, and unbiased opinions.

Cutting to the chase,
I just plugged my brand new Mich' Pilot Road (less than 800 miles) with the mushroom rubber plug provided in the above mentioned tire plug kit. I've used these plugs with repeated success on the Roadster, the Mazda, and now on the Triumph's rear Pilot. Center tread, very tiny hole, lots of rubber for the plug to grip to.....

Can anybody cite to me ANY instances where any kind of plug has failed them on either a car tire or motorcycle tire. Yeah, yeah, I know we have only two contact patches on a motorcycle, as opposed to four on a car, etc. but what of it? I want to hear about any REAL LIFE episodes that YOU personally know of plugs having failed.

I'm a poor guy who used his credit card to buy these tires. I can not afford a recreational vehicle of ANY sort, let alone a motorcycle that I tend to put 25,000 miles a year on (or more)! If I were a rich man, I'd replace the tire without batting an eye..... I can't, I'm in trouble financially as it is.

What do you KNOW in the way of where a plug might be prohibitive, permissible, out of the question, or "NO WORRIES MATE!"

Anybody?

Thanks in advance,
- Pat -
rhys is offline   Reply With Quote