Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #16
alfaris OP
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Ron View Post
I have both, I bought the Hp2 when I was tired of chancing tires back and forth. I just love having both.
Ron
Hi,

nice to know i am not the one who is crazy about this combo.

Which tires do you have on each one now?

cheers
Old 02-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #17
Big Bad Ron
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Tires

Right now I have TKC80, on the HP, But I'm getting stone master from Gnarly parts they are coming from Twisted Throttle. I am looking for as much bite as I can get.
On the GSA I'm running Anakee. But I do have a spare set of wheels also with TKC80 on them. You might say I am ready anything :)

Ron
Big Bad Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #18
alfaris OP
MOTERO TORERO

Quote:
Right now I have TKC80, on the HP, But I'm getting stone master from Gnarly parts they are coming from Twisted Throttle. I am looking for as much bite as I can get.
On the GSA I'm running Anakee. But I do have a spare set of wheels also with TKC80 on them. You might say I am ready anything :)
Ron
that´s the idea.

I ve got two set of wheels for the HP2E, one with karoo/tkc, the other i am planning to gear with dessert or something more agressive even they ll be tubetypes.

For the ADV, main set shall be Tourance or anakees.

By the way, do you have any regrets or concerns on having both?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #19
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,709

It's the way ahead

One of the best things about the GSA is I don't worry about commuting on it, if it might get stolen or knocked over when I have to leave it over night in the city (Much easier to find another GSA than another HP2E) I also don't worry about all the miles I rack up when commuting.

I do ride the GSA off-road but more for 2 up work and I like the fact that I the HP is now more geared up just for dirt and less commuting compromises (like a bigger screen, which will easily get broken when dirt riding).

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #20
ADVBedouin
Rider

Oddometer: 396
Disclaimer: I'm very partial to the HP2E. That being said, it's become one of my favorite bikes ever, especially for backroad blasting. Granted the 150 mile range is a hinderance, but it's a blast to ride & the TKC80's hook up nicely.
Motorcycling is about freedom & I've found the best 2-wheeled expression of that in dual-sport bikes...any road, any time, in comfort.
The GSA & HP2E make a perfect quiver.

ADVBedouin screwed with this post 02-07-2011 at 05:02 PM
ADVBedouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #21
Mr. Magoo
n/a

Oddometer: 4,946
I have a 1200GSA and an HP2E. Great Combo. The HP2 is a race/play bike. The GSA is everything else.
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #22
alfaris OP
MOTERO TORERO

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
It's the way ahead
WOW

you also have a Defender ˇˇˇˇˇˇ Beleive it or not i was wondering to buy one trading my current Mitsubishi DID 11 years old 178k on it.
CONGRATS FOR YOUR FLEET

But regarding the thread. I ve read you on the HP2 forums and i trus very much your criteria. Sure leaving the HP2 for off road the bike would be more on its spirit, thats where i like it most. Due to its engine it has some road capabilites and that is why some people like to "trailize" it as i did on my first HP2 E.

Current HP2 E is setup with wunderlich rack to mount a gas can when needed or some gear on long rides, but i like to remove the upper rack so bike remains almost original, and a wunderlich vario screen to hold the GPS in place, rest add ons are off road oriented as TT skid plate, lambda & chassis protectors, engine bars, handguards, etc... Bike came with holan ADV cases racks which i have already remove, that rear subframe even on the blue parts do not like such efforts of hard luggage.

so i am with you the more off road oriented the HP2 is........the better.

talking about the ADV, i agree as a superb commuting tool ,no matter weather or distance. When i have mine i liked to describe it to my friends as the kind of bike you can ride right now from Madrid to Moscow as it comes from factory. I remember myself riding 350kms non stop on country roads till my butt remained me to stop longer before the fuel tank reserve blinker.........

wouldn´t be necessary to punish the GSA off road once the HP2 is a better tool for that.

I imagine you´ll never mount knobbies on the GSA...............aren´t you?

CHEERS
Old 02-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #23
alfaris OP
MOTERO TORERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVBedouin View Post
Disclaimer: I'm very partial to the HP2E. That being said, it's become one of my favorite bikes ever, especially for backroad blasting. Granted the 150 mile range is a hinderance, but it's just a blast to ride & the TKC80's just hook up.
Motorcycling is about freedom & I've found the best 2-wheeled expression of that in dual-sport bikes...any road, any time, in comfort.
The GSA & HP2E make a perfect quiver.
HI,

I totally agree with you

That´s what riding is all about for me..........FREEDOM.

I share your sensations on the HP2, as a friend of mine described it "the HP2 is a religious experience, on the dirt on 2nd gear you can ride at 20 km/h or at 100 km/h ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ"
Old 02-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #24
alfaris OP
MOTERO TORERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
I have a 1200GSA and an HP2E. Great Combo. The HP2 is a race/play bike. The GSA is everything else.
Nice description too.

you introduced the word RACE, which is where the HP2 came from, remember that Erzberg races????

the HP2 is like the "machete" brutal, straight and perfect weapon for people who do not mess around.

the GSA is like the "leatherman tool", adaptable to several uses, .....but do not forget a sharp knife is hidden among them.........

cheers
Old 02-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #25
Big Bad Ron
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaris View Post
that´s the idea.

I ve got two set of wheels for the HP2E, one with karoo/tkc, the other i am planning to gear with dessert or something more agressive even they ll be tubetypes.

For the ADV, main set shall be Tourance or anakees.

By the way, do you have any regrets or concerns on having both?
Not at all, I thought I was pretty fast on the GSA. But its nothing like what the HP will do.
I'm a bit of a speed junky(off road). That Hp just goes, man I love ridding that thing. I can burn off a new TKC80 in less than 4000Ks

Ride safe Ron
Big Bad Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 AM   #26
alfaris OP
MOTERO TORERO

Quote:
Not at all, I thought I was pretty fast on the GSA. But its nothing like what the HP will do.
I'm a bit of a speed junky(off road). That Hp just goes, man I love ridding that thing. I can burn off a new TKC80 in less than 4000Ks
Ride safe Ron
Maybe the HP2 is a trail sport-race bike, and the GSA is a trail sport-touring bike

talking about off road, i´ve just ordered a pair of Mefos stonemaster rear and mx master front for my second set of wheels on the HP2. That is the first step on having the hp2 more off road oriented to have all its potential that with the tkc´s is a bit limited when things get muddy, and when cornering.

I see the GSA with tourances most of the time, even i will try tkcs sometime to have a new point of view/sensations.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #27
tmex
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,039
2006 HP2E and 2005 R1200GS here. Also have F800GS and 650 Dakar. Frankly, I have not found much use for the HP2. The fuel range is limiting for an sort of adventuring. I should really fix that, but too many projects in the works right now.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #28
alfaris OP
MOTERO TORERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmex View Post
2006 HP2E and 2005 R1200GS here. Also have F800GS and 650 Dakar. Frankly, I have not found much use for the HP2. The fuel range is limiting for an sort of adventuring. I should really fix that, but too many projects in the works right now.
Hi Tmex,

Thank you for answering, i have followed you on other threads, i always like to read your advices and point of view.

I agree with you on the HP2, what i try to do with it is as much dirt as i can with it , so when the fuel range starts to be an issue, is time to stop anyway and take a break, if possible, close to a Bar or a gas station. If not possible, a 3lts or 5lts can over de wunderlich rack gives me a 50-80 kms of additional fuel range.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #29
alfaris OP
MOTERO TORERO

Wink

By the way,

Today i have ordered a 2011 GS1200 ADV. They gave me a good value for the MM ,a great price on the adv, and a good renting proposal, so i did not think twice.

The MM is alrady on the dealer, my GSA wil arrive within 5 weeks, end of march.

2011 1200 GSA, with the security package and the touring package and Enduro first gear. That means fully geared except for the alarm and the cases.

so literally i finally jumped on the GSA.....again.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #30
funhouse
Overdue

Oddometer: 3,044
Good for you!

I like a man of action! Bruce

http://picasaweb.google.com/funhouse750
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote