ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #46
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsTripper View Post
Presumably, since the "KTM Generic" version fits KTM 450s, it will also fit a new Husaberg FE too, right? Hmmm. Could be a tasty addition to give my Berg that ADV look.
Yes, and we do the blue colour.
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #47
AdventureMan
Adventurer
 
AdventureMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Oslo, Norway
Oddometer: 59
Hi,

your fairing seems to be exactly what I am looking for. I have a few questions:
Will it fit with a steering damper mount? See the pics.
I have also raised the bars by 2" and added som Flexx quad bars. Can you see any reason that the fairing wont fit with this setup?? I am aware that I might have to move the GPS, but will prefer to have it mounted this way and put the OEM instrument on top of the fairing dashboard if the cables are long enough?

Heres some pics of my current setup. As you can see I have the Trailtech X2 lamp (HID). Lights are way better than stock, but not what I want. They are also flimmering when you ride hard on bad surface. How will your lights compare to the X2 HIDs?





And - how do I order? Cant find it on your homepage.
__________________
2014 BMW R1200GSAW
2009 KTM 690 Enduro R
2008 KTM 690 Rally Factory Replica
AdventureMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #48
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer
 
CHRIS_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southside of ATL, GA
Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureMan View Post
Hi,

your fairing seems to be exactly what I am looking for. I have a few questions:
Will it fit with a steering damper mount? See the pics.
I have also raised the bars by 2" and added som Flexx quad bars. Can you see any reason that the fairing wont fit with this setup?? I am aware that I might have to move the GPS, but will prefer to have it mounted this way and put the OEM instrument on top of the fairing dashboard if the cables are long enough?

Heres some pics of my current setup. As you can see I have the Trailtech X2 lamp (HID). Lights are way better than stock, but not what I want. They are also flimmering when you ride hard on bad surface. How will your lights compare to the X2 HIDs?





And - how do I order? Cant find it on your homepage.
It might not be able to handle all those wheelies you do!!
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2011 Victory Cross Country
CHRIS_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #49
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureMan View Post
Hi,

your fairing seems to be exactly what I am looking for. I have a few questions:
Will it fit with a steering damper mount? See the pics.
I have also raised the bars by 2" and added som Flexx quad bars. Can you see any reason that the fairing wont fit with this setup?? I am aware that I might have to move the GPS, but will prefer to have it mounted this way and put the OEM instrument on top of the fairing dashboard if the cables are long enough?

Heres some pics of my current setup. As you can see I have the Trailtech X2 lamp (HID). Lights are way better than stock, but not what I want. They are also flimmering when you ride hard on bad surface. How will your lights compare to the X2 HIDs?





And - how do I order? Cant find it on your homepage.
There's no reason the fairing won't fit with your setup. You may be able to leave the GPS where it is, but you might want to consider mounting the TT mount directly onto the Lynx dash. However, if you were considering mounting the OEM speedo higher up ( I think I recall that there is enough cable), it's important to let us know when ordering that you want the dash 'undrilled', because the dash normally comes pre-drilled for the unit to sit in the position shown earlier in the thread.

We've never done a 'back to back' with the trailtech lights, but I understand from general consensus that the Lynx lights are better focused, particularly the low beam which is a projector type and gives a very sharp horizontal cutoff and a wide spread.

The Lynx is very solidly mounted, with no elastic straps or anything like that, so you don't get any movement.

This specific Lynx is not on the website quite yet, but it's no problem ordering one from our order form, by just adding in the comments box that it is the new Lynx 690 that you want. Price and upgrades like HID and headlight protectors are exactly the same as all other Lynx's.

We have been really shocked by the level of orders pouring in for this version, so we are currently shipping about 2 weeks from order.

And yes, you can wheelie to hearts content !!

Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:10 AM   #50
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer
 
CHRIS_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southside of ATL, GA
Oddometer: 814
Hi Ian,

I didn't know you could order!! I been waiting patiently.

OK now I'm up in arms on what to do.... I have the same GPS set up as ADVman. I like where you currently have the OEM speedo mounted in the dash and would like to mount the ZUMO GPS above it. I'm not stuck using Ranzaco's GPS holder but would like continue to use the Touratech mount for security. I'm afraid if I mount the TT mount directly to the dash (without it fasten to the 1/2" bar) I will lose the capilbility to angle it so it's easily viewable. Any suggestions?

Also is the dash strong enough to hold the GPS or do you need to reinforce it with a bracket from behind?

Thanks!!
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2011 Victory Cross Country
CHRIS_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #51
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS_D View Post
Hi Ian,

I didn't know you could order!! I been waiting patiently.

OK now I'm up in arms on what to do.... I have the same GPS set up as ADVman. I like where you currently have the OEM speedo mounted in the dash and would like to mount the ZUMO GPS above it. I'm not stuck using Ranzaco's GPS holder but would like continue to use the Touratech mount for security. I'm afraid if I mount the TT mount directly to the dash (without it fasten to the 1/2" bar) I will lose the capilbility to angle it so it's easily viewable. Any suggestions?

Also is the dash strong enough to hold the GPS or do you need to reinforce it with a bracket from behind?

Thanks!!

The dash is easily strong enough to mount the GPS, but I understand what you mean about the angle. If it's a key feature for you, it would be quite possible to have the 1/2" rail fabricated with some 'feet' to mount to the dash and then you would retain your variable angle. So the rail would be like a mini towel rail positioned out about an inch from the surface of the dash. As long as the 'feet' were reasonably wide ( say 1-1/2") then the dash would be quite strong enough.

Another solution : If you find that once you have got the 'right' angle (and don't need it to be variable), then you can just pack out the top or bottom mounting points on the GPS mount to get the right angle.

The angle of the dash is likely to be pretty close to the right angle any way.
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #52
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer
 
CHRIS_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southside of ATL, GA
Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
The dash is easily strong enough to mount the GPS, but I understand what you mean about the angle. If it's a key feature for you, it would be quite possible to have the 1/2" rail fabricated with some 'feet' to mount to the dash and then you would retain your variable angle. So the rail would be like a mini towel rail positioned out about an inch from the surface of the dash. As long as the 'feet' were reasonably wide ( say 1-1/2") then the dash would be quite strong enough.

Another solution : If you find that once you have got the 'right' angle (and don't need it to be variable), then you can just pack out the top or bottom mounting points on the GPS mount to get the right angle.

The angle of the dash is likely to be pretty close to the right angle any way.
Ian,

Thanks for the ideas. I will most likely use solution #2. Once it's set I won't need to mess with it.

My order is placed and I'm looking forward to getting it!!
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2011 Victory Cross Country
CHRIS_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #53
AdventureMan
Adventurer
 
AdventureMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Oslo, Norway
Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS_D View Post
Ian,

Thanks for the ideas. I will most likely use solution #2. Once it's set I won't need to mess with it.

My order is placed and I'm looking forward to getting it!!
Chris,

I have the same concerns as you regarding the GPS mount. My Plan B, if I dont use the Renazco mount, is to use this:
http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...roadbook-mount
bolted to the fairing. (I already have it in the garage)
Its maybe possible to use something like this too http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...aptor-roadbook if Ians sugestion does not work as expected, but hopefully it will. Its probably better to bolt it straight to the fairing if the result is similiar.
I am probably going to order HID all the way, but will also consider this solution
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524638 (post#14) if they are compatible with the fairing. Awesome lights - Bi-xenon.

Ian - what do you think, is it possible to make these lamps fit in your fairing?
__________________
2014 BMW R1200GSAW
2009 KTM 690 Enduro R
2008 KTM 690 Rally Factory Replica
AdventureMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #54
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer
 
CHRIS_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southside of ATL, GA
Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureMan View Post
Chris,

I have the same concerns as you regarding the GPS mount. My Plan B, if I dont use the Renazco mount, is to use this:
http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...roadbook-mount
bolted to the fairing. (I already have it in the garage)
Its maybe possible to use something like this too http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...aptor-roadbook if Ians sugestion does not work as expected, but hopefully it will. Its probably better to bolt it straight to the fairing if the result is similiar.
I am probably going to order HID all the way, but will also consider this solution
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524638 (post#14) if they are compatible with the fairing. Awesome lights - Bi-xenon.

Ian - what do you think, is it possible to make these lamps fit in your fairing?
Damn both those RR mounts would work perfectly IMO. Good job!!

Now if I could only find someone selling them in the states.
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2011 Victory Cross Country
CHRIS_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #55
Para504
Spam, Spam, bacon & Spam!
 
Para504's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Cow Hampsha, USA
Oddometer: 550
You may want to try KTMtwins.com for the bracket; they are in Cali, and carry some of the R-R stuff.
__________________
TAT highlights - 2010 http://vimeo.com/13365926
Para504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #56
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer
 
CHRIS_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southside of ATL, GA
Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Para504 View Post
You may want to try KTMtwins.com for the bracket; they are in Cali, and carry some of the R-R stuff.

Thanks, I already checked, no luck!

I'm sure RR would ship to states but I'm sure it would be costly.
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2011 Victory Cross Country
CHRIS_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #57
AdventureMan
Adventurer
 
AdventureMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Oslo, Norway
Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS_D View Post
Thanks, I already checked, no luck!

I'm sure RR would ship to states but I'm sure it would be costly.
You may concider this one, but the RR mounts are fare more solid IMO

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/1...Mo-KTM-LC8-690
__________________
2014 BMW R1200GSAW
2009 KTM 690 Enduro R
2008 KTM 690 Rally Factory Replica
AdventureMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #58
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Oddometer: 1,036
Hey guys - let us know what you think of the Lynx lights compared to the trail tech. If possible take a picture of the low and high beams with each?
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:30 AM   #59
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer
 
CHRIS_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southside of ATL, GA
Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureMan View Post
You may concider this one, but the RR mounts are fare more solid IMO

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/1...Mo-KTM-LC8-690
If you get a chance watch the video. You'll see they for some strange reason TT decided to run bracket all way down to the actual handlebar. Thus not making it simple to bolt the bracket on to a flat surface.
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2011 Victory Cross Country

CHRIS_D screwed with this post 02-11-2011 at 04:57 AM
CHRIS_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #60
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer
 
CHRIS_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southside of ATL, GA
Oddometer: 814
Sorry Ian I'm not meaning to clog your thread.....

However I think I finally found a reasonable solution to mount the Touratech GPS holder to your fairing :



It's actually a mount designed for a FJR , but it should fit very nicely above the OEM speedo (and it's even black to blend with the dash ):



Here's the USA Touratech link: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/P...JR1300-to-2005

To top it off it's only $43 , which is really cheap when considering it's from Touratech!!
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2011 Victory Cross Country
CHRIS_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014