Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #61
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
Look, I had mentioned the Dellorto's in this thread and NEVER mentioned that those gains were from the cam alone...
Look, Billy, it's fair to say a bit of miscommunication went on back there. How about we drop it and try to move towards a more coherant discussion, no harm no foul?

Personally, I'm intrigued to know a 336 cam is good for anything besides balast... provided it's mated to enough of the correct port work. Care to share details of those mods and how you figure it works?

Am also curious to know why, if you've gotten it to breath so well, you haven't teaken it to the next logical level?

Seriously.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #62
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
Look, Billy, it's fair to say a bit of miscommunication went on back there. How about we drop it and try to move towards a more coherant discussion, no harm no foul?

Personally, I'm intrigued to know a 336 cam is good for anything besides balast... provided it's mated to enough of the correct port work. Care to share details of those mods and how you figure it works?

Am also curious to know why, if you've gotten it to breath so well, you haven't teaken it to the next logical level?

Seriously.

So now it's Billy. I don't think it is fair to say a bit of miscommunication went on back there. You are giving yourself WAY too much credit.

Before I go on any further answering your questions pretty much point by point, why don't you answer some of my questions first.

Seriously.
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #63
Lornce
Lost In Place

Quote:
Exactly. Gotta wring it above 5k before you'll realise any advantage from a 336 cam. 5k-8k is where they work. It's a high end "timing" cam. Virtually no advantage in valve lift over the stock 308 degree cam. Rather, increased duration.
Here's what I said about your beloved 336 cam and I stand by it.

I'm guessing that without the accompanying port mods you've made/had done that your 336 cam wouldn't work any better than the rest.

Is that not an accurate statement?

edit: can we please make an effort to stick to facts and try to be a little less confrontational?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #64
supershaft
because I can

Quote:
Here's what I said about your beloved 336 cam and I stand by it.

I'm guessing that without the accompanying port mods you've made/had done that your 336 cam wouldn't work any better than the rest.

Is that not an accurate statement?

edit: can we please make an effort to stick to facts and try to be a little less confrontational?
So now it is beloved? We all use to talk like that in high school but that was before any of us knew anything!

Statement? We have already covered how that is not an accurate statement about the revs or the lift.

I asked for you to answer some of my questions, not repeat the same erroneous stuff you have already stated.

On second thought, let's just call this done.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #65
DaveBall
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,155
C'mon guys. Let's just agree to disagree. Arguing does not solve the problem.
DaveBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #66
supershaft
because I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBall View Post
C'mon guys. Let's just agree to disagree. Arguing does not solve the problem.
I am already there Dave. I don't think there is anything wrong with arguing. People interested in the topic can go through the different sides of the issue. Nevertheless, swift boating is total BS! It won't win any argument I am in. It will drag them on and on but what else is it good for?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #67
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 65,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
Look, I had mentioned the Dellorto's in this thread and NEVER mentioned that those gains were from the cam alone. YOU DID! I was trying to make the point that I got those gains with the cam, the ALREADY mentioned carbs, and STOCK 8.7:1 CR AND who knows what else since I never specifically said that those gains were from the cam alone. YOU SAID THAT! NOT ME! The CR that you called "lawnmower compression" and that it would be a waste of time. I caught you out on that among MANY other things and then you create this diversionary issue of me claiming something I did not claim. I am not confused and you need to read more carefully AND stop making up your own points to argue with.

Your swift boating has worked. We have spent all this time going around and around about something I never said and you have not answered ANY of my questions about your erroneous 336 info and the BS. STILL no quote of me saying what you said I said? How hard can it be? I guess pretty hard when it doesn't exist. Stock CR, stock ignition, before I put the Dell's on it had stock slightly rejetted stock 32mm carbs. READ! MY point was and is countering what you said about 336's and stock CR, ignition, and carbs. NOT that my ultimate power gains were from the cam alone! YOU INVENTED THAT! If you were confused, you could of at least asked instead of the BS.
Let's please cut the crap so I don't have to throw this thread in Exploding Heads.

If this thread continues with this kind of tone, we're done.

Thanks,

Kbasa
Mod.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #68
bmweuro
Mad Scientist

Oddometer: 3,336
Half of this thread has nothing to do with helping this person out. Crazy! Find a used rear drive and start there. That will be your best investment for getting a little more low end and more usable power in the right RPM ranges. I have done this on a few different rigs and it always helps. I am speaking from almost a quarter of a million miles on Airhead sidecar experience.
VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694 & Airhead BMW Club #600
bmweuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #69
DaveBall
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,155
Quote:
Originally posted by bmweuro,
Half of this thread has nothing to do with helping this person out. Crazy! Find a used rear drive and start there. That will be your best investment for getting a little more low end and more usable power in the right RPM ranges. I have done this on a few different rigs and it always helps. I am speaking from almost a quarter of a million miles on Airhead sidecar experience.
bmweuro sounds like a man that knows. I agree with him 100%. No need to over think this. Many people have done exactly that in the past, and there is no need to reinvent the wheel for what the original request was all about.
DaveBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #70
Lornce
Lost In Place

Sorry, kind of got sidetracked from the original OP's question.

A '79 RT has a fairly healthy motor in stock trim (big valve heads, 40mm Bings, 9.5:1cr) just needs some shorter gears to help you use it with the hack. And the man with the sidecar experience says the 3.09's (34:11) will pull it.

Planning to take his advice on my own R90/6 sidecar project.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #71
Wirespokes
Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer: 7,815
The lower ratios are the most popular for hacks - 3.36 and 3.56. I may have one of these I'd swap for a 3.0 or 3.09.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #72
bmweuro
Mad Scientist

Oddometer: 3,336
Those ratios were used on R50/5, R60's and R65's. They work great on a hack as long as you're running an 18" wheel and not looking for speeds above 70mph. Your hands will go numb. I prefer a 3:09(R90/6 or a 3:20(R75) and use a little more RPM between gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirespokes View Post
The lower ratios are the most popular for hacks - 3.36 and 3.56. I may have one of these I'd swap for a 3.0 or 3.09.
VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694 & Airhead BMW Club #600
bmweuro is offline   Reply With Quote