Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
cathulu OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Highway Dirt Bikes Handguard Install

Highway Dirt Bikes handguard install for f800GS:

OK here is the test install first, installed on the bar end but left the rest loose to see how it will all fit-up. I didn't like the fit in particular on the clutch side. Given the lever arm, I didn't want to really load-up the end of the handlebar, I guess I am anal about it...

Anyways, a bit of time with a vise and careful persuasion got me to where I wanted to be... this is without the bolts installed at the handlebar clamp - much better!

A view from the side on level ground, I think this is a good height for the handguard, I should get decent protection. I don't think I can really go any higher. Lower would reduce wind protection.

Here it is buttoned-up without the plastic handguard piece - I am liking it now!

It just barely touches the shield, if I rotate the handguards down there is better clearance but less hand protection...

Now to put on the plastic guards... they just came in and I gotta go pick them up. But I think it is better to show the install without the plastic to see one persons install orientation re levers et al.

cathulu screwed with this post 02-14-2011 at 09:00 PM
cathulu is offline   Reply With Quote