ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
oremike OP
Motorcyclest

Oddometer: 2,297
Spring Break in the Ochoco Forest

I know weather in March is questionable at best but so it is in February, but look outside. So weather permitting I'm going to truck my DR and big camp gear set up i.e. the propane cooking, lighting and heating stuff over to Wildcat Campground. I'm planing to arrive Friday the 18th of March and stay for a long weekend. How long the weekend is will be determined by how much fun I'm having. School starts back up the 28th so I'd like to be back in a few days before that.
If you are reading this you are invited to ride along. I'f you've been following Applejams adventures the road sign in Ashwood that points to Trout Creek points to what I suspect is a thru route to the area we'll be in.
Wildcat Campground is east of Prineville and is easiest reached by heading east on Hwy 26 then at Ochoco Reservoir turn north on Mill Cr rd(FS 33) should be up 10 or so miles. Lots of old mines and rock collecting in the area so we might need to be aware of private property.
So who's in, or at least a maybe due to the iffy weather?

*UPDATE* 3/16/11 We'll be camping on the Crooked River south of Prineville do to the low snow levels. Hope to see at least some of you there!

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet

oremike screwed with this post 03-16-2011 at 04:55 PM
oremike is offline   Reply With Quote