User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #91
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 659
thank you

I'd like to thank the ADV members that appreciate what I've been trying to accomplish. Obviously, there are those that think the major players are doing everything possible to advance protective apparel.

It's like the argument about nylon thread. Are you really telling me that motorcycle glove design has reached it's design and construction boundaries. That, nothing else can be done to build a better glove product..

I guess if that's what you want to believe....

Thanks again ADVRider members..

ADVRider Group Buy Page in case you missed it.

http://www.highvelocitygear.com/ADVR...CATIPILOT.html

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 02-10-2011 at 06:29 PM
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #92
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
There is still no way to add the option of the finger bridge on the Prodigy's when trying to pay for them.
Any suggestions??

Cheers
Old 02-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #93
Cromoth
Inspection due 5_31

Oddometer: 570
thanks

thanks for the group buy; just Paypal'd 2 pair of Exhibition
Cromoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #94
technoracer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Laugh ordered!

just paid via paypal for 2 sets of formulas! thanks again!

-tech
technoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:39 AM   #95
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Prodigy, etc

Hello again,

We're looking at putting the bridge on all Prodigy gloves; so if you've ordered the Prodigy please let us know if that's an issue. We'll also follow up at the end of the group buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
First, communicating ideas are important to me. Being an internet PITA is not, that is why I deleted my post.

That picture is not from nylon. It is from the pinkie contacting the ground, the glove leather rotating, exposing the soft unreinforced fourchette to the asphalt. That happens often, I studied it when it happened to Ben Bostron (at Daytona) and Matt Waite (at Sers Point IIRC). It has happened to many others.

This situation is why Alpinestars has the finger bridge between the #s 3 and 4 fingers. That feature is patented. And by the way, I created that feature and patent.

In the most constructive way, I would advise against tying yourself to Kevlar thread in such an absolute way.

BP
Brtp4- I really do appreciate your post and wish you would bring it back. I completely understand what must go through the minds of some when reading about our "project". We don't have factory riders or huge advertising exposure, hell we don't even go to the motorcycle "shows". What a joke, right?

With that being said, I was and am very serious about having our gloves tested against the competition. Any chance you could help with such an endeavor?

Maybe get some free glove pairs from your preferred source and send them to SATRA for testing and we'll do the same? Only problem is cost; we're willing to fund our testing costs but that may be a hard sell to any mainstream manufacturer. Not much to gain and a fat lip if my gloves are even half as good as I say..

Anyone good friends with Pete from SATRA? Maybe they could offer us a group buy CE testing session ;)

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #96
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocitygear View Post
Hello again,

We're looking at putting the bridge on all Prodigy gloves; so if you've ordered the Prodigy please let us know if that's an issue. We'll also follow up at the end of the group buy.

That's great news
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #97
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,970
I was trying to help you in a subtle way. I wish you would have let things go.

I am not available to assist you. Your "marketing" program is to bash other companies, inaccurately, instead of focusing on your own product. Additionally, though your passion is admirable, you lack context and experience. This is causing you to make claims and take positions that are flat out untrue. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it is inexperience.

Just a heads-up, several of the companies that you bash spend millions working with professional racers to legitimately make them safe. They are serious and sincere about it. Dainese and Alpinestars in particular are far more serious about safety than you credit them for. They get real information from highly professional racing programs that you will never discover working with SATRA or a belt sander. This would not be a point of discussion at all, except that you bash these programs and boast too much about yours, both out of context.

So, no, I will not bring back the post and will not assist you.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR

Brtp4 screwed with this post 02-15-2011 at 09:28 AM
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #98
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,107
Price

Just a quick question. Could you please confirm that the $90, respectively $149 prices are the final prices, there's no other discount being applied- presuming that you won't have a big influx of buyers in the next few days?

thanks

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #99
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:

I am not available to assist you. Your "marketing" program is to bash other companies, inaccurately, instead of focusing on your own product.

---I'm not one to link myself to any company due to admiration. Very simply, put up or shut up. My marketing "program" is to tell it EXACTLY like it is. I can understand that you won't or can't accept that.
Focusing on my own product requires putting a spotlight on what the "mainstreamers" are or more adequetly, aren't doing.

Additionally, though your passion is admirable, you lack context and experience. This is causing you to make claims and take positions that are flat out untrue. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it is inexperience.

---We're building motorcycle gloves here, not rocketships. We're simply trying to adhere to a baseline safety standard that Alpinestars and Dainese both don't pursue. Why? I think that's obvious. Cost or inability, you choose!!

Just a heads-up, several of the companies that you bash spend millions working with professional racers to legitimately make them safe.

--- I can assure you that most ADVRiders aren't buying a $2500.00 airbag system. How about some real world product development? For real people?

They are serious and sincere about it. Dainese and Alpinestars in particular are far more serious about safety than you credit them for.

--- I appreciate Alpinestars much more than Dainese. IMO Dainese is nothing more than a marketing program that YOU pay heavily for.

They get real information from highly professional racing programs that you will never discover working with SATRA or a belt sander.

--- So, it is your opinion that the EU protection standards aren't worth pursuing?

This would not be a point of discussion at all, except that you bash these programs and boast too much about yours, both out of context.

---Facts my friend. I have a glove design that has passed CE testing guidlines for "PROFESSIONAL MOTORCYCLE GLOVES"
Dainese and Alpinestars do not...

---Is it possible they don't care about EU testing? Sure. Still doesn't change the facts...

So, no, I will not bring back the post and will not assist you.

--- I wouldn't bring it back either

BP
ps-

Why should I let it go, when you so clearly started the "discussion". I'm more than willing to go the distance ;)

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com

velocitygear screwed with this post 02-15-2011 at 04:46 PM
Old 02-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #100
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko View Post
Just a quick question. Could you please confirm that the $90, respectively $149 prices are the final prices, there's no other discount being applied- presuming that you won't have a big influx of buyers in the next few days?

thanks

Hello,

Yes, those are the final prices...

Thank You for asking.

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #101
dialdn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Awesome! Order just placed for Exhibition Pro AND Prodigy!
I think I will be doing the same by the end of the week once I sort out sizing.

D
Old 02-16-2011, 02:40 AM   #102
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post

BP

My question for you:

--- Is it your opinion that the EU protection standards aren't worth pursuing?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 02-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #103
Brtp4
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,970
Man, you don't know when to quit. I really am doing my best here.

My opinion is that your products are not worth pursuing.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #104
Trophy Mike
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 795
You seem a bit reticent in revealing Pakistan manufacturing. We get about a dozen daily inquiries from different Sialkot factories offering cheaply-made generic leathers by the bushel. Do you own or contract a factory that is in business only to make your gloves and nothing else? If so, how is quality control maintained and must you submit to periodic batch testing to keep up your EU rating?

Will you continue direct-to-consumer sales and group buys once you have a number of dealers?

Do you believe we are trying to help you in a subtle way?
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #105
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike View Post
If so, how is quality control maintained and must you submit to periodic batch testing to keep up your EU rating?
Great question, Mike.

FWIW, I don't get the impression VG is hiding anything. True. He does fully admit that marketing is not his thing, and it's a 2 man show. His passion and confidence in his product is what sold me. Is it as good as he says? No idea, but he's ready and willing to put it up against anyone else, so I guess that buys confidence in his product on my end.

Anyway, I love the underdog, so I'm rooting for the guy (still don't know his name!).
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote