Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #31
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,854
Woo!! I received mine today!! I ordered the Rig 500, in one word: Wow!

It's a very well thought out product! Amazing attention to detail; they've thought of everything! there's even a small drainage hole in the base of the backpack.

Here's a short list of what I like about the design:

First off, the hydration bladder is not sitting at the bottom of the backpack, it hangs by a hook, which is a significant improvement over my camelback.

One thing I HATED about the regular hydration pack was the process of removing it from its backpack. You had to fish through the hydration tube through various holes and the backpack shoulder straps. Not with Geigerrig!! The hydration and pressure hoses have quick release couplings (similar to quick release fuel couplings on some motos) These alone are worth the price of admission for me. No need to mess around with the hoses, simply detach and remove the hydration bladder for filling or cleaning.

Cleaning: Remove the bladder, and pull it inside out and put either hand clean it or put it in the dishwasher!! Gotta love that. I couldn't even turn the old bladder inside out to dry it out before storing it.

Pressurization: Simply beautiful. No backwash, no sucking air when the water is running low. Plus, in the hot summer months you could use the pressurized water stream to hose yourself down.

The backpack: The portion that rests against your back is nicely padded, there are several zippered compartments inside and out, details and pics on the Geigerrig site.

The (bonus to ADV inmates) inline filter is nice to have too, for those who wander off and run out of water.. refill from a stream and filter as you drink. (I haven't tried it yet.)

Thanks for the excellent service and outstanding product! I highly recommend this to anyone using a regular hydration pack.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #32
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,999
Just got the filter and the extra hose today. The warning sign for the life time warranty for the hose is hilarious. :)

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #33
leeinmemphis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,122
I received mine yesterday. It is a very sweet setup. I will probably be a month or so until I get a chance to use it but I am looking forward to using it this summer.
'06 Honda Silver wing
'86 Honda Elite 150 Deluxe
leeinmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #34
ropegun
Go Dawgs!

Oddometer: 35
Thumb This company is the real deal!

You can't go wrong with a company run by the caliber of man that is at the Helm of this one......US Naval Academy Grad, former USMC Infantry Officer.

Patronize these products. Nothing is better built and no one is better suited to make sure it is done right.

Once you have one of these systems, you will never go back to your stinky hydration pack. Just the option of turning the bladder inside out is enough to sell me on the gear, but a recent trip to Death Valley on the GS proved the utility of the pressurized system.

Semper Fi
ropegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #35
FYYFF
Forever young...

I finally put it in a test this weekend. Here is what I have:

Pros:
* Comfortable backpack with nice patting
* No pressure problem even with filter attached
* Great to clean mud on the bike, visor, etc.
* Very easy to fill and clean

Cons:
* Mouth piece too sensitive and leaks even when I squeeze it accidentally hanging down (maybe it can be fixed by adjusting the mouthpiece, I forgot to try)
* A plastic carabiner/hinge would be nice to hang stuff on the shoulder straps.
* Hard to keep the mouth piece in your mouth with out drinking water. Maybe a small plastic piece at the bottom to hang it to your lower teeth would be nice

Overall:
Great product to have. You don't even feel it on your back. Very comfortable. I strongly recommend it for anyone out there looking for a camelbak.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
Old 02-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #36
leeinmemphis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,122
thanks for the heads up. I may try a camelback bite valve to see if that helps. It is definitely a great set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post

Pros:

Cons:
* Mouth piece too sensitive and leaks even when I squeeze it accidentally hanging down (maybe it can be fixed by adjusting the mouthpiece, I forgot to try)
* Hard to keep the mouth piece in your mouth with out drinking water. Maybe a small plastic piece at the bottom to hang it to your lower teeth would be nice

Overall:
Great product to have. You don't even feel it on your back. Very comfortable. I strongly recommend it for anyone out there looking for a camelbak.
'06 Honda Silver wing
'86 Honda Elite 150 Deluxe
leeinmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #37
Old Blue
Shallow waterman

Oddometer: 1,473
Subscribed. I live in hot-as-hell South Texas. My Camelback is just about worn out. Can't wait to learn more about these.
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #38
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Bob Geiger here...

Thank you for the positive feedback about the product. We are glad that you guys are liking it. We've worked hard to build a superior system.

As for the issue with your bite valve: We have a life-time warranty for leakage, so I really want to know about this issue. The bite valves have been designed to hold the pressure. So... a leaky bite valve doesn't sound right.

We love the comment: "hard to keep the bite valve in your mouth without drinking water...." Never Suck Again!

Please feel free to call me to discuss by phone. We'll get to the bottom of this, and get it resolved. NO LEAKS!

Also, there is an on-off switch on the bite valve.

GEIGERRIG Office: 801-823-3336 e-mail: bob@hubcityoutdoor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post

Pros:

Cons:

Overall:

GEIGERRIG screwed with this post 02-21-2011 at 08:27 PM
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #39
FYYFF
Forever young...

Hi Bob,

I'll call you today around noon. As I said earlier, great customer support.
About the "leak", I wouldn't call it a "leak" actually (but I did, huh ), because it is not leaking if it is just hanging down. But ofcourse while riding or sitting the mouth piece get stuck somewhere and it does what it does best, pumps out water... That's what I was talking about. Since I was all geared up with riding outfit, I didn't mind getting wet.
Anyways, I'll call you today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEIGERRIG View Post
Bob Geiger here...

Thank you for the positive feedback about the product. We are glad that you guys are liking it. We've worked hard to build a superior system.

As for the issue with your bite valve: We have a life-time warranty for leakage, so I really want to know about this issue. The bite valves have been designed to hold the pressure. So... a leaky bite valve doesn't sound right.

We love the comment: "hard to keep the bite valve in your mouth without drinking water...." Never Suck Again!

Please feel free to call me to discuss by phone. We'll get to the bottom of this, and get it resolved. NO LEAKS!

Also, there is an on-off switch on the bite valve.

GEIGERRIG Office: 801-823-3336 e-mail: bob@hubcityoutdoor.com

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
Old 02-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #40
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Improved GEIGERRIG Navigation

Adv Riders,

I wanted to take a moment this morning to let you know that we have updated the navigation on our website to improve your shopping experience. There were a couple of links that were not easy to follow, but now they work very well.

We sure enjoy all of the great communication and direct discussion that we are having the opportunity to have with all of you. The e-mails and phone calls are so appreciated and welcomed. We genuinely discuss all of your thoughts and wishes with our product engineers and designers.

We are glad that you like our GEIGERRIG hydration packs and hydration systems and that they are meeting and/or exceed your high expectations.

Be safe out there and call anytime.

Sincerely,

Bob Geiger
Vice President
Operations
801-823-3336
bob@hubcityoutdoor.com
Old 02-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #41
FYYFF
Forever young...

Thumb

I used my Rig 500 on my LA Weekend Ride for the first time and it attracted quite a bit of attention. I was the only one with "no sucking" mouth piece and I am sure fellow riders will not want to "suck" anymore, too.
You dont know that you need/want something until you see it. That is what happened with the other riders. When one of them needed water to clean his muddy goggle, I was there to help with my Rig 500. It is not a high pressure car washer but it does the job...
I am sure we will see many more Rigs around pretty soon...

E.S.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
Old 02-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #42
chiba
elitist BMW snob

Oddometer: 1,177
Any info on when the "citrus" Rig 500 will be available? You can never have too much hi-viz on a motorcycle :)

--chiba

Iron Butt Magazine - not just for LDR!

- 05 R1200GS - 98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #43
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

RIG 500 Citrus

Inbound Inventory Report:
The RIG 500 citrus will be at retail 3 weeks from now. Inventory is on a train to our distribution center from Long Beach.

Never Suck Again!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #44
Madurbu
Taxpayer

Oddometer: 180
Just ordered a 500

Just placed my order for a 500. I've been debating since last summer on a replacement for an old camelback system. The reviews I read and Bob's participation in this thread convinced me to try this.

Thanks for the special ADV offer.

Mark
Old 02-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #45
Toyanvil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,657
I just ordered a RIG 1600 Their customer support is one of the best I have seen. I plan on using it for Search & Rescue. I am on a K9 team and it looks like a great way to give the dogs water. I think you can't beat the filter system for safety, if you run out of water you can fill it from a local source. I have been using a camelback, and I have spent a small fortune replacing bladders, since I have not found a good way to really clean them. I can't wait to try cleaning the Geigerrig bladder in the dishwasher
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Hell, some of the places I’ve been there weren’t even roads!
Toyanvil is offline   Reply With Quote