Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #46
beemer67
Really Old airhead

Oddometer: 213
OK, I am willing to give your product a shot. Just ordered the sample and a 6-pack.

Like another inmate, I also use earplugs for all riding and for all sleeping. So looking forward to seeing if the advertising meets the reality.
beemer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:23 AM   #47
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer67 View Post
Like another inmate, I also use earplugs for all riding and for all sleeping. So looking forward to seeing if the advertising meets the reality.
I'm a very light sleeper and always put earplugs in at bedtime.

To all inmates who've ordered, please give us your feedback on these earplugs. Maybe we can work out some sort of inmate deal for ADVers..
Old 02-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #48
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,855
Why do I need to provide an email address to get these?

Looks like to me.

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:42 AM   #49
XT_Driftwood
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riteris View Post
Why do I need to provide an email address to get these?

Looks like to me.
Are there any online retailers left who don't require you to provide an email address when ordering something?
'99 Cagiva Gran Canyon - the bane of my existence
XT_Driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #50
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by XT_Driftwood View Post
Are there any online retailers left who don't require you to provide an email address when ordering something?

Maybe.

But, if I am not establishing an account, why do I need to provide an email address in order to purchase something I will get through the mail?

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #51
Testcase
Not to be trusted

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riteris View Post
Maybe.

But, if I am not establishing an account, why do I need to provide an email address in order to purchase something I will get through the mail?
Order confirmation and updates?
Testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #52
deeve
DumbA$$

Oddometer: 1,026
I called them on the phone and they seemed legit. Sounds like the website might be pretty new and open to changing. Maybe just a checkmark to opt out of sales/emails from them? Most online vendors have an option like that. SPAM is why I have gmail thought...it does a pretty good job of nuking it.
He bought this bike with his own money as a "fixer upper" that he can ride and learn to wrench on. Part of owning is he will buy parts and wrench on it himself. We are going through it together and having fun! I am very proud of the young man he is becoming.
deeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #53
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
The website isn't new, but we are always open to changing. To the very best of my knowledge, BPI has never sent an email to customers soliciting their business in its entire history. There have never been any emails to opt out of because we've never sent bulk messages of any kind. We prefer to correspond by email so that we can provide customers with shipping updates and explain any problems in the rare case that they arise. Customer information is kept extremely secure and will absolutely never be shared or abused. The only circumstance I can think of in which BPI would even consider sending out an email to all our customers would be if we had a brand new product to offer or something.

We do appreciate your feedback. I will make sure to pass on your concerns about having to provide an email address to our Vice President, but I can't realistically make any promises-- after all, we need some way to contact customers and provide them with their tracking information, and email's really the only way to do that. If someone never received their order or something went wrong during shipping and we didn't have that customer's contact information, we'd have no way of letting them know about a problem. I understand the concern about providing personal information, but the truth is that when you're sending out thousands of orders a year something is bound to go wrong eventually, and we need to be able to keep our customers in the loop.

Thank you all so much for your business though, and please let us know how you like our ear plugs once you receive them.
World'sBestEarPlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #54
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Got them in the mail today...

And I have been wearing them for the past 3 hours. I bought 5 pairs of these suckers on a whim, two for me while motorcycling due to my NOISY helmet, and a few more for my Dad/Mom.

My parents live near a local highway, and over the past 20 years, more homes have been built near by, more trees have been cut down, and more noise reaches the house. Dad spends every night sleeping with earplugs in. Generally the standard foam ones. Mom wears earplugs cause Dad snores

My first impressions when I put these ear plugs in:

There is a LOT of material for each ear plug. They may look small in photos, but they are of significant size. Enough so that you couldn't possibly (I don't imagine so) lose and ear plug in your ear canal. Wearing these now, they protrude out of my ear a good 1/4, but I have taken to forming them to my ear to block out most possible noise.

Shipping and HANDLING is charged at $5.95. Actual cost on my shipping envelope = $1.56. That's $4.39 for handling. I don't give a hoot, but some may.

I can't hear the highway through my parents living room window.

I can't hear myself typing on the keyboard.

I can hear my heart beat.

Molded to my ear, they don't interact with the pillows when I lie down. Just my ear touches any surfaces.

I took a bath and submerged my face for over 30 seconds. No water in my ears, the plugs didn't move at all, and never felt like they were coming loose.

The microwave isn't nearly as annoying when running, or when it Beeps to say it's done.

When my parents dog barks, I don't yell at it to SHUT THE HELL UP.

Doors closing don't interfere with my train of thought.

Most importantly for me: When I rode 20 miles on my DR650, wearing my Arai XD (Read: NOISY ASS HELMET), I was MUCH happier riding. I've always been annoyed by the road noise, and foam earplugs stick out from my ears and interact with the helmet. These plugs block more noise, don't interact with the helmet when taking it off, putting it on, or adjusting it on the road.

Overall: These plugs do exactly what the manufacturers say they do. And if they last for over a month as many reviews have said they would, and I assume they will. Then it's about 5-10cents a night for 1-2 months of use.

I'm bringing 2+ sets with me to South America and back. Glad to have them.

Next step is to see how well they interact with my soon to arrive Sena SMH10 bluetooth intercom headset.

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #55
World'sBestEarPlugs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
@bigalsmith101: Thank you for such a fine review, I'm thrilled to hear that our ear plugs lived up to your expectations. They really are the highest quality ear plugs on the market by far-- I hope the rest of you have an experience that's every bit as good and that we meet all your expectations no matter how high they are.

I do, however, want to address the shipping issue for a second, which bothers us as well. Firstly, please know that we don't pocket the difference. Our prices are pre-negotiated with a manufacturer who places each ear plug, label, order form and directions card in each plastic container and then in each package by hand, among other things. Here's the breakdown of our handling process:

1. Since we aren't automated, all ear plugs are glove hand assembled into each box with inserts, snap closed and taped.
2. Labels are prepared and inserted by hand
3. Receipts are prepared individually
4. Instruction cards are inserted into each envelope individually
5. Product and all above are inserted into each package by hand.
6. Postage is affixed to the envelope
7. Packages are weighted with the product for accuracy and proof of contents by hand
8. All packages are checked off on the shipping manifest.
9. All packages are physically taken to the post office and mailed

We aren't a big enough operation to have machines take care of such things for us, and as you can imagine each order thus takes quite a bit of time and effort to put together. We're still very much a small business right now, but hopefully, as we continue to grow, we can find a way to streamline this process and decrease the shipping and handling price for you substantially. We're so sorry about the added cost and I'll make sure that my boss understands your irritation, but no matter what we do that cost is going to be reflected in the total price in some way. As of right now we're charging as little as we possibly can, and low margins like ours require high volume in order turn a profit. When we sell an ear plug that lasts for months at a time that makes things even tougher, but we won't apologize for quality. In summary, thank you so much for your business, we're thrilled to be able to provide you with an adequate product, and we look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you.
World'sBestEarPlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #56
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Shipping and HANDLING is charged at $5.95. Actual cost on my shipping envelope = $1.56. That's $4.39 for handling. I don't give a hoot, but some may.
$4.39 for Shipping, Handling, and Processing seems valid and reasonable to me. Plus, the ear plugs are great.
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #57
deeve
DumbA$$

Oddometer: 1,026
Just got mine today so shipping was pretty quick. They insert pretty easily and I can see how depending on how you put them in you can get different levels of sound protection. If the weather holds I will try it tomorrow and how it works on the motor.
He bought this bike with his own money as a "fixer upper" that he can ride and learn to wrench on. Part of owning is he will buy parts and wrench on it himself. We are going through it together and having fun! I am very proud of the young man he is becoming.
deeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #58
Testcase
Not to be trusted

Oddometer: 85
Just got mine today. Echoing the fast shipping sentiment. Let me just say, too, I haven't tried them yet, but HOLY CRAP they're big. Picture how big you think they are from looking at the photos and multiple that by ten! I think I can see now how to incorporate my ear buds into em. Wow! Looking forward to giving them a good testing.
Testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #59
TAS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
Just ordered a few travel kits for me and my son. Two hours of highway commuting each day will be a pretty good test for these ear plugs. Looking forward to receiving them!
TAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #60
PretzelDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Got mine today as well. fitted them into both ears to test comfort. Cant wait to really test them on my ride down to Daytona in up coming weeks.
PretzelDog is offline   Reply With Quote