Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #61
benno.h
cageracer

Oddometer: 437
Geez I'm not sure about the instructions provided.

(My kit is winging it's way from the states as we speak ;-) )
I'll step out on a limb here and state that bikes without kick starters are just plain gay, for pansies, ladyboys, and suchlike. Furthermore, they should have to ride at the back, not speak until spoken too, and set everyone else's tents up, then cook and wash up afterwards, before sitting up all night guarding the real men's bikes.
benno.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #62
Haywood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucker View Post
It may make it possible to bore/stroke/increase comp.ratio w/o the overheating issues.

It looks like the hose guide mounts to the tank stabilizing tab. Does this interfere w/ the IMS 4.0 or Acerbis 5.8 tanks?

PM sent - 1 unit requested. Can't wait!
I had the IMS 4.0 gallon tank and recently installed the Acerbis 5.8. There are no problems with the cooler, the lines, or the mounts interfering with either of those tanks. Mark did a great jobs with this.
Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #63
Smola67
AdventureTard

Oddometer: 229
Yes one of my hoses gets in the way of the plug a little as well.
Smola67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #64
Olderslowerguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
RE: GSMark Oil Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smola67 View Post
Yes one of my hoses gets in the way of the plug a little as well.
Received my cooler last week, and installed it yesterday. First, this is a very nice quaility product, and well thought out. I DID have the same problem with the hose going to the tank interferring with the coil wire. I just cut the tubing a little shorter going into the tank and it solved the problem. The only other issue (a minor one) was that the stabilizing wire that goes across the tank on a Clarke 4.7, was rubbing one of the hoses...just bent it out a little...problem sovled.

The instructions included were very easy to follow, so much so that anyone, even without a lot of mechanical experience, could add this cooler to their bike.

Thanks, Mark, for spending the time to put this together.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #65
opjocephus
I'm down, I'm down!

Oddometer: 537
I finished mine as well this past weekend. A friend of mine who owns an auto repair shop let me use some of his space to add my cooler. He said he has never seen a nicer instruction sheet. What I ended up doing about the upper reservoir tube was to get some 10mm tubing (harder to do than the install) and bending in a manner so the tubing did not go under the frame support, but on top (shorter). Cut the fitting off the old tubing, slid it onto the new tubing and then put the flare on the new tubing. The spark plug can now be removed from the right side without any hoses getting in the way. Can't wait for it to warm up a little and get out and ride. Really nice job, GSMark.

I put 2 3/4 quarts in mine.
"Your eyes look like a couple of piss holes in a snow bank." The Great Jaydini
opjocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #66
b3h
ol dog on a stray

Oddometer: 181
pics ?

would like to see how you accomplished this before i go cuttin and hackin on my oil lines. sounds like you got a good plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjocephus View Post
I finished mine as well this past weekend. A friend of mine who owns an auto repair shop let me use some of his space to add my cooler. He said he has never seen a nicer instruction sheet. What I ended up doing about the upper reservoir tube was to get some 10mm tubing (harder to do than the install) and bending in a manner so the tubing did not go under the frame support, but on top (shorter). Cut the fitting off the old tubing, slid it onto the new tubing and then put the flare on the new tubing. The spark plug can now be removed from the right side without any hoses getting in the way. Can't wait for it to warm up a little and get out and ride. Really nice job, GSMark.

I put 2 3/4 quarts in mine.
b3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #67
opjocephus
I'm down, I'm down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3h View Post
would like to see how you accomplished this before i go cuttin and hackin on my oil lines. sounds like you got a good plan.
Not wanting to spend a lot of cash, I ordered McMaster-Carr No. 50295K272 10mm OD 7mm ID. ID drilled out to 21/64". Still kind of thick. Put a 90 degree bend in about a 6" piece. The fellas in the shop didn't have a metric flaring tool, so they drilled out a 3/8" english flaring tool to accept a 10mm tube. Cut the fitting off the original piece. Slipped it on the 10mm tube as far as it would go around the 90 degree bend. Pre-fit the flaring tool onto tube so we would know how much to cut off the tube. Cut and flare tubing. Attach to oil reservoir and measure how much to cut off the rubber hose end. Added a flare to rubber hose end so I didn't have to use 2 hose clamps.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #68
GSMark OP
Just Love Bikes

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by opjocephus View Post
Not wanting to spend a lot of cash, I ordered McMaster-Carr No. 50295K272 10mm OD 7mm ID. ID drilled out to 21/64". Still kind of thick. Put a 90 degree bend in about a 6" piece. The fellas in the shop didn't have a metric flaring tool, so they drilled out a 3/8" english flaring tool to accept a 10mm tube. Cut the fitting off the original piece. Slipped it on the 10mm tube as far as it would go around the 90 degree bend. Pre-fit the flaring tool onto tube so we would know how much to cut off the tube. Cut and flare tubing. Attach to oil reservoir and measure how much to cut off the rubber hose end. Added a flare to rubber hose end so I didn't have to use 2 hose clamps.
Way cool!
Any photos?
Thanks,
Mark
KTM 990 Adventure Honda CRF450 Supermoto H-D Sportster Streettracker Honda XR650L
GSMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #69
GSMark OP
Just Love Bikes

I am ahead of the game!
I have kits ready to ship! No waiting. No kidding.

Cheers,
Mark
KTM 990 Adventure Honda CRF450 Supermoto H-D Sportster Streettracker Honda XR650L

GSMark screwed with this post 03-10-2011 at 08:52 PM
Old 03-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #70
Bounder
ExternallyDisplaced

Oddometer: 711
I have to say that this cooler is one of the best made and supported products that I have seen. For any Bike.
I can't believe the craftsmanship that has gone into the kit.
Kudos, and as soon as I can raise the sponduliks you'll be shipping one to Ireland!
(Putting my 88 US model NX650 back on the road after a 7 year layup)
Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #71
Pucker
This is gonna hurt

Oddometer: 267
Just ordered mine - I'm a big clumsy fool, I ride way past my capability level, and I crash a lot in harsh, rocky conditions - will give full reviews after merciless beatings...

Is there an emergency bypass/patch kit for when the cooler sacrifices itself to save the case from catastrophic impact? It's only a matter of time with me at the controls.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #72
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,250
Well Mark........i got pics

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #73
opjocephus
I'm down, I'm down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMark View Post
Any photos?
Thanks,
Mark
I will get some but may take a while. Thinking about checking my valves this weekend and could take some then.

I never explained that I have a stock tank on my XRL. This may have caused some of the problems I was having in getting the upper reservoir tube oriented correctly. From page 1 of this thread, I am just noticing the pic you have with the cooler mounted with a stock tank. And the hoses are going in front of the wings of the stock tank. I have mine positioned behind the wings.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #74
formulals1
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Installed and test ran! WOW, what a very well thought out and made kit. Installed rather easy and the manual couldn't be better. One note, I didn't remove the header pipes - didn't seem to need to at all. It looks badazz - It's XR650L art to me.

I do plan to get some kind of u-pipe in-case the cooler breaks in a crash. Basically it'll be a manual by-pass (if ever needed). Any ideas on that?

formulals1 screwed with this post 03-19-2011 at 09:19 PM
formulals1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #75
GSMark OP
Just Love Bikes

Thanks techforlife and formulals1 for the photos and kind words.

Do you guys think that I should take out the exhaust removal step in the instructions? Everybody that has done it my way is going to want to kill me... depending on your answer.

Thanks again guys!
Mark