Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #16
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by XB12R View Post
The lock cylinder was not installed when I got the new case. I have the little tabs and springs installed in the new cylinder but I'm not sure how to install it now.
On my Adventure cases they did just slide in as soon as I got them aligned correctly.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:39 AM   #17
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
On my Adventure cases they did just slide in as soon as I got them aligned correctly.
Turn the key to bring in the tabs, and then you might have to puch the bottom one in to get it to slide in. IIRC the last tab is spring loaded.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
Wander4Days
Where am I?

Oddometer: 86
barrel removal

for anyone else landing on this thread trying to figure our how to get the barrels out of GS Aventure cases to begin the re-keying process- i just figured it out...

You need to push the little metal tab that protrudes from from the side(perpendicular to axis of rotation)of the barrel in the back inward(toward axis). It's hard to see in behind there but once you hit it it's easy. I used a knife tip. With the key in, pull outward on the barrel as you press and they'll pop right out.

Then follow the tumbler shuffling process, the same as the vario cases listed before.

Hope that saves someone a little head scratching!

Cheers
Wander4Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #19
portablejohn
Sociophobe

Oddometer: 946

I took some quick pictures. With the case upside down on a table, insert key in lock and open. With the key horizontal, you will find a tumbler that sticks out. gently press that down so it is flush with the lock barrel (small screwdriver or something), and the whole barrel will slide out toward the key.

The second pic is of the lock barrel, where you can see the tumbler that needs to be depressed protruding.
portablejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #20
diter
KKLLRR

Oddometer: 62
my R11S came with only one bag. Bought the other side on Craigslist and trudy over a Keycrafter here in SF rekeyed it for me for $10, took her about 10 min. If you are from the area, Keycrafters is awesome, only people I know that have Ducati blanks (even the dealer doesn't carry them).
diter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #21
Heipaal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablejohn View Post
I took some quick pictures. With the case upside down on a table, insert key in lock and open. With the key horizontal, you will find a tumbler that sticks out. gently press that down so it is flush with the lock barrel (small screwdriver or something), and the whole barrel will slide out toward the key.

The second pic is of the lock barrel, where you can see the tumbler that needs to be depressed protruding.
Good post, but if you don't have the original key?

I bought my cases used and they were send locked to me.....
Heipaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #22
1worshipguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Thanks!

Once again, ADV helped me do something myself I didn't know if I could do. It really was pretty simple...not without some figuring out on my own, but still, I wouldn't have even attempted it without this post. Thanks inmates.
1worshipguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:44 AM   #23
biometrics
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
So what did the dealer say after reading this thread?

Inquiring minds want to know...
biometrics is offline   Reply With Quote