ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
ChrisE OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 664
Tennessee Off Highway Specialty Plate - For your car/truck

I'm posting this info from another forum:

Let me take a minute to introduce myself. I'm David Moore, current Secretary for TOHVA. I'm a "4x4" guy for the most part, but I've also got ATV's for my entire family, and got my own first dirt bike when I was 5 and have had a motorcycle license since I was 14. From the start, I liked the idea of an organization like TOHVA that was willing to work and support ALL of the means of off-highway recreation I like to enjoy.

I got involved with TOHVA in January of 2010, and took on the task of moving forward with the specialty license project that was already in the works. We got the word out we were looking for ideas, and was able to find a local TN artist that wanted to lend a hand.

After several months of working, tweaking, and refining - we've settled on a design and are now taking pre-orders!

If you like what you see, please consider following the link to the tohva.org website to pre-order yours today. We need to sell 1000 of these before the state will put them into production, and we only have until June 2011 to meet that number!

http://tohva.org/

If you have any questions about the plate of TOHVA, I'll do my best to answer what I can. Thanks!
'05 BMW R1200RT
'98 Yamaha R1
'93 Bimota DB2
'76 Honda CB400F
ChrisE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,321
Thanks for the reminder Chris . . . . . .

Seems like Tennessee is poised to have even more offraod opportunities. A very loud support voice just might help us get there!

And wouldn't that be nice? Offroad riding opportunities all over the state

BTW...I still have your roll chart holder......and, uhmmmmm........I'm using it next weekend :)
Old 03-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS

Oddometer: 4,873
Not to hijack your thread, but could I ask a question about TN recreational vehicle laws in general. Does TN allow plating and operation on roads (like FS roads) vehicles like the one below? I live in GA and we have a weekend cabin in the Cohutta Mountains area. Many of my neighbors have these types of vehicles (unplated) and I see them on the local county roads all the time. One of my neighbors has mentioned that the local sheriff has instructed his deputies to not mess with folks operating them on dirt/gravel roadways as long as they weren't acting like idiots, but from what I understand if you venture into National FS roads the Feds will write you a ticket in a heartbeat. I would be interested in working with my elected representatives to get changes made to allow these types of vehicles to be legally operated on non-hwy roads in GA.

Just curious about TN and if you have any thoughts or resources you could point me to on starting that effort? Thanks

mb90535im is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
4seven4
>>>>:<<<<

Oddometer: 440
i'll forward this to some friends.
Thanks to Spectro Oils, MTA, Komodo, Scorpion, Dunlop, EBC, FTWco Racing, Vortex and Pit-Bull
4seven4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
-DRM-
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Thanks for posting this here!

TOHVA has been working hard here in TN to advance the cause for ALL motorized OHV users, and the most recent accomplishment is int he form of a potential new OHV park owned and managed by the city of Coalmont, TN. Adding public places to ride is one of the top goals of TOHVA, and if we can get these plates into production it can really help our organization get the word out, as well as helping us keep fighting to get even more places opened up.
-DRM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
TanasiRob
Squid Emeritus

Oddometer: 971
Two Thumbs up!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im View Post
Not to hijack your thread, but could I ask a question about TN recreational vehicle laws in general. Does TN allow plating and operation on roads (like FS roads) vehicles like the one below? I live in GA and we have a weekend cabin in the Cohutta Mountains area. Many of my neighbors have these types of vehicles (unplated) and I see them on the local county roads all the time. One of my neighbors has mentioned that the local sheriff has instructed his deputies to not mess with folks operating them on dirt/gravel roadways as long as they weren't acting like idiots, but from what I understand if you venture into National FS roads the Feds will write you a ticket in a heartbeat. I would be interested in working with my elected representatives to get changes made to allow these types of vehicles to be legally operated on non-hwy roads in GA.

Just curious about TN and if you have any thoughts or resources you could point me to on starting that effort? Thanks

Negatory. You might be able to plate it as a Low-Speed vehicle, but it's getting tougher and tougher. http://www.tn.gov/revenue/vehicle/titling/lowspeedvehicle.htm

Cool plates, I just got a new one and had debated on the sportsman, but didn't. Get these approved and I'm definitely in when my renewal comes around.
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote