User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,673
Wicked Leo Vince Evo II LV One slip on Pipe review.....

I know there is already a thread going here with the news.... But I will go a little deeper in a full review, and did not wan`t to hijack the other thread.
That said....after chasing the UPS guy.....again.... He must think I`m crazy.... Thank goodness he`s a rider himself.... So he knew how it goes...... Just so every one knows.... I had the oval "old" style which now sits on a fellow 8GS rider`s bike. So a lot of comparison is with the old oval style.
Box came.....

.....Thanks goodness for Leo Vince packing this piece so you could drop it from fifth floor. Unwrapped it.....and noted the same kind of mid pipe as the oval. The mid pipe to header fit was awesome.....and mid pipe to pipe great as well. When I tried to install the big 30mm spacer.....I did not like the way it torqued the set up. No matter what I did turning the mid pipe....and pipe......No go for me. This was not the case with the oval one. A note here.... I remember that in the interest of making the oval fit with aftermarket luggage.....LV went out of their way to come up with spacers...etc.... So perhaps the issue here is to try to remedy this.... It really was not an issue with me.... I have put on so many systems on bikes...... Truthfully.... This was nothing as compared to other surgery`s I had to perform...

Anyway..... I have to be close to a Carbon Fiber source........ and had this little piece cut......

LV 30mm spacer....

Next to the one it replaced.....

New shorter SS bolt on the left.....

Perfect match......

I really like the new style end cap......with one exception..... It`s made of plastic. Any time any one is mentioning a fancy material ending in ` tec..... It has my attention. And this is just taste.....Nothing else..... Plastic don`t belong on a CF pipe..... I am most certain that I will make a print of the end cap in CF....soon.... That said.... I think the new look with the tapered mid pipe to pipe looks awesome..... the squared top and bottom.......awesome.... end cap shape....Killer. Would I buy it again with the [plastic end cap.....absolutely. It looks fantastic. And..... does match the other plastic on the bike. I have just ridden around the neighborhood..... and cant comment....yet... On the performance....but I expect it to be on par with their oval system. The CF sleeve is 30mm shorter than the oval.... But the end cap seems a little longer..... In the next day or so.... My friend will come over with his 8GS, that has my old oval on it.... And we will measure SAE sound results with and without the potato in. I will also measure the comparable dimensions.... Initially though..... I like the sound at idle a bit better..... It seems to have a little more deeper tone ( lower frequency) But I will con firm that when he arrives, so we can compare.... Along with that....I will post a few Videos as well......

Erling

ebrabaek screwed with this post 03-15-2011 at 07:21 PM Reason: clean up...
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote