User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
waylongway OP
madmax

Oddometer: 417
Nor cal 302 on a wednesday

OK WE'LL GIVE THIS A SHOT,MY FIRST REAL RR SO BE NICE!!.....IT STOPPED RAINING ON TUESDAY SO MADE A RIDE PLAN FOR WEDNESDAY,HEAD DOWN TO MY WINTER PLAY GROUND. WITCH IN REDDING IS PASKENTA OUT OF RED BLUFF AND DOWN. TRY TO FIND A SHORT CUT FROM HWY 20 BACK AROUND.................................SO ITS DOWN I-5 TO RED BLUFF (30MILES) AND OUT THE PASKENTA RD.

AND THEN THE FUN STARTS, MY WIFE CALLS THIS THE COYOTE RD. AS YOU CAN SEE WHY...

THEN ITS DOWN THE ROAD TO ELK CREEK...

THIS PART IS FUN,(LIKE 90 TO 100) BUT GOES ON TO STONEY FORD

AND ON DOWN TO THE LODOGA LEESVILLE RD. SAW SOME WILD LIFE

THEN ON TO THE BEAR VALLEY RD. ..MORE HIGH SPEED FUN!!!

WANTED TO TRY THIS WILBER SPRINGS RD. TO TRY AND GET OVER TO HWY 20. THIS IS WHAT I FOUND.

HUMMM??I COULD SMELL THE SULFER SO THEY MUST BE CLOSE?? OK BACK TO THE BRIDGE, LOOKED LIKE A GOOD SPOT FOR LUNCH!!!

LOOKING NORTH THE WAY I CAME

LOOKING SOUTH TOWARDS HWY 20

NOW FOR LUNCH

THE FOOD SHOT, (I LIKE CHEAP) MORE FOR GAS!!

THE COWS KEPT LOOKING BACK AT ME LIKE ,I CANT BELIEVE HE JUST TOOK OUR SPOT!!! THE NERVE....
THEN ITS DOWN THE ROAD A FEW MORE TURNS AND I SEE THIS..

YOU CAN SEE HWY 20 AT THE BRIDGE. .SO RIGHT ON 20 AND UP THE HILL ABOUT 5 OR 6 MILES AND WE TURN RIGHT ON WALKER RIDGE RD...

AND UP THE HILL WE GO,,HEY THIS LOOKS GOOD..

AND UP ON TOP..

THIS IS INDIAN RESERVOIR,THE LAST TIME I SAW THIS PLACE WE WERE ON THAT LITTLE ROAD WAY DOWN THERE GOING ALONG THE DAM, PART GOING WEST ON BARTLETT SPRINGS RD. WITCH LOOPS BACK AROUND TO CLEAR LAKE....IT WAS TOTALLY EMPTY AND KIND OF EERIE W/ALL THE TREES DEAD STICKING UP FROM THE BOTTOM :

OK BACK ON TOP, AS ALWAYS THE CAMERA WILL NOT TAKE IT ALL IN...

AND WE START GOING DOWN...LOOKING BACK INTO BEAR VALLEY..

THEN IT'S A RIGHT ON BRIM RD BACK TO THE VALLEY

AND BACK TRACK TO LEESVILLE RD..

YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT AND GO OVER A VERY ROUGH AND TWISTY PAVEMENT RD. THAT SPITS YOU OUT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HWY 20 TOO...
OK, BACK TO LODOGA...I HAVE ALWAYS WENT BY THIS GOAT MT RD. AND SAID I WOUNDER WHERE THAT GOES??? LETS SEE!!!

NICE LITTLE RD. THAT RUNS ALONG THE CREEK... WENT ABOUT 5 MILES OR SO AND I FIND THIS.....

NICE LITTLE OHV CAMP GROUND, 5 BUCKS A NIGHT!!!GUYS WERE ON DIRT BIKES LOADING UP AND TAKING OFF......
OK, BACK DOWN THE ROAD AND UP TO STONYFORD AND THE COYOTE RD.

NOW BACK THROUGH PASKENTA AND TAKE A LEFT ON LOWREY RD. WITCH TURNS TO GRAVEL...

SO...HERE IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD, I STOP TO TURN ON THE VIDEO AND SAID TO MY SELF , I'LL MAKE A LITTLE CLIP OF ME ON THIS ROAD HAULIN ASS, BECAUSE I WAS KIND OF ON A WFO THING TODAY...SO AS I START GOING I SEE BIG POWER SLIDES IN ALL THE CORNERS AND I THINK TO MYSELF THAT LOOKS LIKE ROBS TRACKS!! MY FRIEND I GREW UP W/ THAT I HAD BEEN TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF FOR 6 MONTHS..(LIVES UP IN THE WOODS) .YOU CAN SEE HOW IT WENT DOWN IN THIS VIDEO.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDC09VIWi4w

I KNEW IT WAS HIM AS SOON AS HE WENT BY, BEST RIDER I HAVE EVER SEEN! I GREW UP TRYING TO CATCH THIS GUY.THATS HOW I GOT TO BE AS GOOD AS I AM NOW ..THANKS ROB!!!!
SO WE BULLSHIT FOR AWHILE THEN RIDE INTO RED BLUFF TOGETHER JUST LIKE OLD TIMES, RIDEING CLOSE AND BUMPING BAR ENDS TRYING TO GET A WHEEL ON ONE ANOTHER!!!!YEAH!!!

WE PART WAYS AT THE GAS PUMP AND I RIDE HOME TO REDDING...

AS THE SUN GOES DOWN...THIS IS PERFECT!!!

BACK HOME THE BIKE LOOKS GOOD!!

A LOOK AT THE MILES, THIS IS THE RESULT

WHICH IS KINDA WIERD BECAUSE I FORGOT TO SET THE TRIP METER ABOUT 4 MILES AFTER I LEFT THE HOUSE, AND THE RD DOWN FROM PASKENTA IS CALLED ROAD 306

LIKE TO SAY THANKS, TO CHITOWN FOR GIVING THE INSPIRATION TO FIGURE ALLTHIS CRAP OUT BY HIS AWESOME REPORTS!! HEAL UP !!!

waylongway screwed with this post 03-13-2011 at 08:59 AM
waylongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
rockydog
just a guy

Oddometer: 799
love seeing these back road trips, thanks for posting.

stephen

Rockydog woofs the Isles, British Isles
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
KimPossible
XT Diver!:)

Oddometer: 816
Thanks for sharing your day with us. I sure do miss North California.
KimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote