Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #541
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdinandus View Post

What I mean is that I did put a very good chip in the motronic of my previous 1150GS and as a consequence the motorbike diden't pass the CO test. Neither the noise test. This is the reason why I'm interested on that.
I understand that. These are for Racing Vehicle Use Only, which should go a long way to explain its goodness.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 03-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #542
Ferdinandus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

I understand that. These are for Racing Vehicle Use Only, which should go a long way to explain its goodness.

So, would it pollute more or not? Your device I mean...

Old 03-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #543
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdinandus View Post

So, would it pollute more or not? Your device I mean...
Dude, where do you live again?

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #544
Ferdinandus
Adventurer

Quote:

Dude, where do you live again?

Spain, sir, Canary Island.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #545
Poolside OP
Syndicated

As it turns out I'm not shipping to other countries, I can't work out the banking details, customs, etc. So, for the moment you are safe.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #546
Ferdinandus
Adventurer

Quote:
As it turns out I'm not shipping to other countries, I can't work out the banking details, customs, etc. So, for the moment you are safe.

lololol thank you sir, I'll sleep better this night

Old 03-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #547
Cranky Yankee
exulcero

Oddometer: 598

Edit: Sorry, as a electronics manufacturing engineer in a former life i share your pain. I look forward to your efforts.

Cranky Yankee screwed with this post 03-15-2011 at 05:26 PM
Old 03-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #548
Scottly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Scott, regarding your question 4, I don't know if I've described anything you'd consider an advantage. I'm just describing how it works.

Jim

I thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I know you probably have better things to do than let me annoy you. :-)

Scottly
Old 03-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #549
Jltrd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
I haves quick question. I already have the booster plug on my 06 R1200GS. Would the IICE Cool work ok with this or would it work better paired up with the IICE Air? Your price for the IICE Air is reasonable and I would buy it if it would benefit me later when the IICE Cool is available. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #550
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jltrd View Post

I haves quick question. I already have the booster plug on my 06 R1200GS. Would the IICE Cool work ok with this or would it work better paired up with the IICE Air? Your price for the IICE Air is reasonable and I would buy it if it would benefit me later when the IICE Cool is available. Thanks.
That's a good question. Spoke, and several other ADV folks have asked it.

Here's the short answer. You can try running the Booster Plug or similar product, together with the upcoming IICE Cool, if you want. Though I think the adjustability of the IICE Air is a requirement when using the upcoming IICE Cool.

In high temperatures, running the Booster Plug, or a competitive product, and the IICE Cool together will have the fuel mixture too rich. But since the IICE Air is adjustable, you can run it with the IICE Cool over a broad temperature range.

You can solve that by disconnecting the Booster Plug, or other similar product you have installed, and run the IICE Cool by itself. However, doing that gives up 1/3 of the total benefit of running the IICE Air and IICE Cool together.

That is one of the reasons IICE Air is adjustable.

Poolside screwed with this post 09-09-2012 at 08:19 PM Reason: Removed an outdated announcement.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:35 AM   #551
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from BC View Post

Any progress on the *.jpg?
Some goodies arrived.

Just the right size.

Interior volume of the box is .570in³

It's the Pop Top Adjust-O-Matic enclosure!

You only have to imagine some wire, and a couple of connectors.
And black epoxy filling the space around the vial.

Poolside screwed with this post 09-09-2012 at 08:20 PM Reason: Removed an outdated announcement.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 AM   #552
Hollow Road Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Stupid question

RE: 2010 R1200 GSA:

Sorry Jim, I 've been following on-and-off since your first announcement post, but if I read correctly, this current version of your IICE AIR will do what the Booster Plug did not do for me... correct the low rpm jumpiness? The only thing the Booster seemed to effect was the backfire, which never bothered me to begin with.
Thanks,
Tom
Old 03-16-2011, 05:42 AM   #553
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Road Rider View Post
RE: 2010 R1200 GSA:

Sorry Jim, I 've been following on-and-off since your first announcement post, but if I read correctly, this current version of your IICE AIR will do what the Booster Plug did not do for me... correct the low rpm jumpiness? The only thing the Booster seemed to effect was the backfire, which never bothered me to begin with.
Thanks,
Tom
Great question, and good timing too. I think many folks are wondering the same thing, namely "Will it fix the problem?"

First thing, it helps if you're exactly sure of the effect the Booster has. You sound like you are. But the thing is, most people don't ever do the same thing twice. So they never get to do a genuine, fair comparison.

I know what the Booster does, and it should affect more than just backfiring. The Booster Plug and other similar products do work, and they work fine. Are you up for a little test?

Have you tried disconnecting the Booster so you can get a good A/B comparison? You'll have to get a little scientific or the information you get won't mean anything.

Remove the access covers so you'll be able to get to the Booster connectors quickly. Warm the bike up fully. A 5 to 7 mile casual ride. After the bike is warm, figure out a repeatable operating routine or 'path' where the bike exhibits what you call "low rpm jumpiness".

It will likely exhibit the symptom at a particular RPM, or while sweeping through an RPM range, or at a particular throttle setting and RPM. Try to stay in the 'sweet spot' of when it happens in order to get the problem to happen as much and as repeatably as possible.

If it happens during acceleration, try the following and see if it helps with repeatability. Do not continue twisting the throttle the whole time you're accelerating. Instead, open the throttle to some angle and hold it steady while the bike 'catches up' to the throttle.

Go through your self-designed 'lap' a few times to be sure that you're using the throttle in the same way each go round, and that the "jumpiness" is consistently repeatable. You may need to use an empty area to keep other vehicles from getting in the way of the experiment.

After the path and operating routine is committed to memory, remove the Booster and repeat the procedure until you get another repeatable result.

Then replace the Booster and repeat the procedure again. I'm sure you can complete this whole process in about an hour or less.

When you're done, post up your comparison findings. Throttle settings, constant speed or accelerating, etc. It may be surprising how many other riders experience the same problem. I'll check back here in the late afternoon.

Note: Do not disconnect the battery. Not that you need to, but just in case.

Poolside screwed with this post 03-16-2011 at 05:47 AM
Old 03-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #554
einnar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Poolside,

Appreciate all the mental power you've put into this, and the commitment it takes to put your product out to the rest of us comparatively underpowered riders. (mentally that is, as I don't really follow everything you're doing...)

Here's a direct question for you... I have a 2009 R1200GS. I mostly do long distance touring, with some light offroad once I get where I'm headed. I don't thrash it, race it, etc. Is this still a product that will prove beneficial to me in the long run? How will it affect fuel economy? Will the "butt dyno" really notice right away?

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:04 AM   #555
Hollow Road Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Quote:

When you're done, post up your comparison findings. Throttle settings, constant speed or accelerating, etc. It may be surprising how many other riders experience the same problem. I'll check back here in the late afternoon.

Thanks for the idea. It sounds like a do-able test, but not something I can get to before this weekend.
I'll post it then.
Tom
Closed Thread