User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
bully1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,968
A dusty weekend in wa

I got an email a couple of weeks ago from Jim Cairns who had previously organised a bit of a trip with a couple of mates, got a bit of a website about their trip, www.againstthegrain.org.au , pretty inspirational guys. Anyway Jim decided that the boys needed a bit of a blowout and would head of on Saturday morning down to one of my favorite pubs, the Olde Quindanning Inne. Jim had plotted a course down that would take us through a loop just over 300kms, considering the pub is only a 100kms from my place I reckoned it would be a fun day out. Here's a photo from the start of their last trip.

As the weekend got closer the excuses started to emerge, "got to cart water", "sons birthday", nothing to do with the 38 forecast.

So in the end there were 8 showed up, and in Jims words 3 vegies and 5 ables.

Anton loading up on his Can-Am 800, with the help of Greg ( later to be known as Romeo)

Terry calling someone who cares, maybe his mechanic.

Starting the transfer from chair to bike, worse than trying to get Waitsey on a bike.

The master planner, in his Polaris RZR 800, fancy bit of gear with a few mods, prick never got dirty all weekend.

Silver Pig all geared up ready to go, got some better shots later.

Neil's WR supertrail in the foreground, rode sweep all weekend, stirling effort in the conditions, Smelly's 640 parked up behind that.

This Jarrah tree is growing in the scrub yp the back of Mundaring, not real tall but 10 men couldn't stretch their arms around it, bloody huge girth ( bit like me)

Rex's bit of orange, typical Kaboom, ran out of forward propulsion, note the amount of air around the rear sprocket.

Towed it behind the Polaris into North Bannister, just on 12 Saturday, rang around the Perth bikeshops and got no happiness, eventually rang Indo and he raided his spares to come up with a new joiner link, ( cheers Robin ). A few more phone calls and Rex's wife picked up the part and headed off on the 1.5 hr trip to Bannister.

Whilst we waited for the parts we fined Rex a carton and he promptly anted up.

German equipment to the rescue, beer was getting hot anyway. Did I mention it was 38.

couple of the bikes parked up while we waited.

After fixing the chain we headed off on a bit of tight stuff, Jim said he wanted to test out the Pigs capabilities.
Not too many more photo's as was riding pretty constant till this happened.

Doesn't happen too often, going up a steep incline with pea gravel, wash away and all these plonkers in front stop and decide to turn around, tried to skip over the washaway to a side track, just got wheelspin. Decided that discretion is better than valour and abandoned ship. For the Perth riders have a good laugh, don't get to see the PIG rolling in the dirt too often.

Eventually got into Quindanning and washed the dust out, first dozen hit the spot, awesome feed for dinner then Anton got his dancing shoes on,

in the meantime Jim had gone to make a phone call, I worked out that instead of a runner he'd done a roller and tucked himself into bed.

Bastard !!! as the night wore on and the pub was getting close to closing we all started to drift off to bed, except Romeo who ended up doing an all nighter. I felt like shit in the morning when I went outside with my cuppa at 6, only to find old Romeo sitting at a table with a couple of locals, sorry no incriminating photo's though.

No photo's from the trip home, too sick. Had to do about 50 k's of slab work then back into the bush for a bolt to Mundaring pub for coffee, only real highlight ( apart from some directional mistakes.... Terry) was me hitting a 'roo at about 75k's, kept the big girl up but nearly needed new jocks.

Great weekend away with a fantastic crew, looking forward to the next one.

I have a bit of video just need to upload it.
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
theMISSIONARY
hunting and riding!!

Oddometer: 2,087
Very cool thanks for the RR

WR250r of Awesomeness.......now with extra added Awesomeness!
theMISSIONARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist

Oddometer: 12,436
Awsome Bully1

thanks for sharing, in a great weekend

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Creation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 513
Great idea using the FL350 steering on a RZR!

Anything to help with throttle pull?
Creation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #5
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,173
Very Entertaining RR..
Unlucky Roo
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
FIIG Rick
FAT CHICKS NEED LOVIN TOO

Oddometer: 672
Great Stuff Bully, good to see Smellys ugly head again and good to see another GSA on it's side ( apart from mine), hope to pik up the "THING" in a week or 2 so we will have to hook up so I an show you how to ride again, still stuk out bush, hope to get going for kal tomorrow
FIIG Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #7
Vince_WA
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Great ride report Bully !!!!!

I met a guy on an F800GS a few days ago here in northern Laos making a few tv documentaries, but I just looked at his website www.wheel2wheel.tv and it says he's dropped his bike 20+ times in the mud out this way .... Ouch !!!!