ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
KneeDrachen OP
MORE COWBELL!!!

Oddometer: 1,088
Question L&D units/hospitals in Harford County, MD Area

Good Afternoon! My wife and I will be relocating to the Harford County area in June along with our 18 month old daughter. We're thinking of having a second child and are trying to gather information on hospitals in the area. I know that there is a local hospital in Bel Air, Greater Baltimore Medical Center in Towson, Johns Hopkins and a small local hospital in Havre de Grace. My daughter was very sick as an infant and was admitted to the NICU/PICU multiple times. We're looking for a hospital equipped with a NICU in case anything happens.

Would you share your opinions and experiences in the labor and delivery units at hospitals close to Hardford County? Anything/anywhere we want to avoid?

Thanks for your help, we're trying to learn as much as possible about the area.

Ride Safe,

Alex
Old 03-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeDrachen View Post
Good Afternoon! My wife and I will be relocating to the Harford County area in June along with our 18 month old daughter. We're thinking of having a second child and are trying to gather information on hospitals in the area. I know that there is a local hospital in Bel Air, Greater Baltimore Medical Center in Towson, Johns Hopkins and a small local hospital in Havre de Grace. My daughter was very sick as an infant and was admitted to the NICU/PICU multiple times. We're looking for a hospital equipped with a NICU in case anything happens.

Would you share your opinions and experiences in the labor and delivery units at hospitals close to Hardford County? Anything/anywhere we want to avoid?

Thanks for your help, we're trying to learn as much as possible about the area.

Ride Safe,

Alex
Not exactly close - maybe 1.5 hours from Harford county. The Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE. NICU, PICU & CICU.

http://nemours.org/about/location/nchaidhc.html
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:19 AM   #3
KneeDrachen OP
MORE COWBELL!!!

Oddometer: 1,088
Thanks for your reply. I'll check it out, we were also considering HUP/CHOP as my daughter was a transfer to CHOP's NICU.