Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #181
CollinsB
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2712 View Post
Im intrested! I'dlike to get my "wobble" out of the frond end when i land after takeoff when crossing railwaycrossings at 80miles/h
Steering dampner would more than likely solve this issue. I'm convinced you won't want another bike without one.
CollinsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #182
1200gsceej
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,215
What setting was your brother using on those curvy roads? Could he have dialed it 'down' to 1 or 2 to resolve the problem there? Would that have worked?
-ceej

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyalhi View Post
My brother; however, though he agrees with all of the above improvements, he says that it changed the characteristic of the bike especially on the curvy country roads where he feels he needs to push more on the handlebar. The bike is not the same as it was for him and thus he removed it. He says that he will only use it during enduro rides.

Regards,

Ömer
And remember: Beauty is in the behind of the holder.
1200gsceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #183
oyalhi
Riding, not writing

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200gsceej View Post
What setting was your brother using on those curvy roads? Could he have dialed it 'down' to 1 or 2 to resolve the problem there? Would that have worked?
-ceej
Well at first it was at 10 (that is the setting I always use it). He wasn't happy, so he dialed it down to the lowest setting. After a while, he suggested that event though the damper is at its lowest setting, it still has some effect and he decided to take it off in the middle of the trip and he is happy ever since.

Myself, would not ride the bike without it. There is one drawback I think the damper is causing though, at higher speeds, e.g. over 140km/h and higher, the back of the bike starts to wobble. Sometimes at 140km/h sometimes at 180km/h. But the back wobbles and I don't feel as comfortable as without the damper at higher speeds.
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter - Mark Twain.
oyalhi is offline   Reply With Quote