Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #31
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,526
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead
For my part, I will support you by not purchasing anything from Cycleworks in Calgary and I was thinking about a 690. Too bad, they seemed like nice people when I was in there last week.
Tthat only helps the OP if you go back, find the sales manager, and tell him: "I was in last week and planned to buy a new 690, but since I talked to (get OP's name) I think it would be stupid of me to do business with you.". Then GTFO, don't let them sweet talk you into anything.
Maybe a bunch of locals should go in, one at a time over a couple weeks. Look at a bike, collect a brochure, go for a test drive. Then go back and find the general manager and repeat the speech: "I was going to buy, but then I talked to John Doe, and if that's how you take care of your customers then I'm not gonna be one."
Sales manager and general manager are often the same guy. This pretty much gaurantees the OP's bike is now a high priority.
You could also time this so that when you go back to tell them why you are not buying a bike from them, OP is outside with a sign. Stop and talk to him on your way in, then find the sales/general manager, etc.

1911fan
Post up! Local guys, have a good time supporting a rider in trouble.

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #32
Taurkon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildogg
HAHAH I bought at Vernon Motor Sports, 8 months for a tire on warranty and only after I went to the owner and complained about the service, don't kid yourself, heated grips how hard can it be? they installed them, went back the next day they weren't working they fixed them, promptly I have to say, stoped working again I fixed them at home and they have been good since. I was quoted a price, OTD but when I got there there was almost $500.00 charges on top of the OTD price but seeing as I travelled so far and did not have the quote in writing I bent over and took it like a man, but I wont buy there again. Any KTM I buy will be from Brooks Alberta and A&E

Just my $.02
Damit! On the other hand, have not heard anything negative about Brooks A&E. All I know is Blackfoot and Cycleworks are a huge negative. Thanks for sharing your experience at Vernon Motorsports. All the reports I received were very positive. How long ago did you deal with them?
Taurkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #33
Glenfilthie
Banned

Oddometer: 73
I hate to say it but I would be very careful about how much blame for this I would lay at the feet of KTM. I know the guys at Cycle Jerks and their reputation is not good. I won't buy anything from them and strongly advise anyone else that will listen not to either.

Those guys are a chit stain on the Edmonton motorcycle community. There is just no nice way to say it. KTM would be well advised to distance itself from that operation, IMO.

I really hope everything works out for you because for the money you paid, you should be getting top notch service and this ain't it.
Glenfilthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #34
crazycalvin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Before I bought my 950 I to cycleworks and they didnt have any brochures for the 990. I asked about the poor running on the 990's and the salesman was trying to tell me how the 990 is far superior then the 950 and I should buy one and he was trying to make a deal with me. I told him I'm going in two weeks to pick up my 2006 950 for $10,000 and he told me thats a good deal and I went on my way.

That being said have you tried dealing with Riverside in St. Alberta? Maybe they will be better.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #35
devildogg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurkon
Damit! On the other hand, have not heard anything negative about Brooks A&E. All I know is Blackfoot and Cycleworks are a huge negative. Thanks for sharing your experience at Vernon Motorsports. All the reports I received were very positive. How long ago did you deal with them?
I bought an 08 from them in May 09, the over all experience was OK, and maybe the service issues were isolated ones, talk to them and judge for your self whether you want to deal with them or not. I know for sure at A&E if you buy from Dave he will look after you. As far as pricing goes I can't comment on that. Although if I had to pick up a bike or take one in for service I would sure as hell want to ride to Vernon as opposed to Brooks. Although it's fu%king snowing here in the Kootenays today ): not that it has anything to do with this thread but it pisses me off

devildogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #36
Filip
Filip

Oddometer: 109
wow, thanks everybody for the WARNING!! I almost bought 990 from Cycleworks

and, yes, I am NOT GOING TO BUY anything from CYCLEWORKS!! I'll phone Brooks instead or just drive south of the border to pick one up & pay the duties, it'll still be cheaper anyway (around $18,500 with taxes&fees if you buy in Alberta).
(although the 2010 should be problem-free, I sure won't get it from cycleworks calgary / edmonton)

pic is my last trip from Ushuaia to Canada (in Peru at 5,000 meters overlooking 7,000 meter peaks). I wish I had the KTM instead of the v-strom (although v-stroms are the best bikes ever as long as don't go off-road
Attached Images

Filip screwed with this post 08-24-2010 at 10:23 AM
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:40 PM   #37
newf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
A&e

Try Dave out............. I've bought numerous sleds ,bikes, and my 990 from him and never have an issue... He even sent me parts on a warranty issue so I could fix it myself instead of driving to Brooks
newf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #38
Taurkon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by newf
Try Dave out............. I've bought numerous sleds ,bikes, and my 990 from him and never have an issue... He even sent me parts on a warranty issue so I could fix it myself instead of driving to Brooks
Thanks! Dave and I will be talking.

2007 KTM 300 XCW

Taurkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #39
folknride
Old Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
My two cents

Sometimes I worry that only negative stuff gets posted in forums, creating a kind of "domespeak". I'm not questioning whether all these problems with Cycleworks have occurred, but just want to say that my experience with them (and the other Edmonton dealer - Riverside - for that matter), has been nothing but positive.
I bought my 05 950 from Edmonton Cycleworks on a consignment sale, and they went way out of their way to make it run perfect, and gave me new rubber at cost and installed free. Since then I've spent a fair bit on parts and farkles, and the service has been good and the people friendly. I recently did a valve adjustment, and when they couldn't find one size shim in inventory, the parts guy searched the shop area until he found me one - and it was on a busy Saturday!
Although I'm a long way from Riverside and don't deal there much, the few times I have, they've been very helpful.
Of course, this is not warranty/KTM stuff, so I can't comment on that.
But I'm sure the hell not driving to Brooks or Vernon when I win the lotto by a new 990, 690, and Superduke
BTW Filip, ya can't import any KTM road bike newer than 2007 from the US. Sad but true.
folknride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #40
Adam990 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
so I should bring some finality to this dead thread that I forgot about! oops!
I eneded up getting the bike back 12 weeks to the day from when I originally took it in for the issue of the faulty fuel pump :(
this was after weekly (or sometimes twice weekly) calls to Cycleworks and KTM Canada to keep on top of what was going down with my bike while it was in the shop
KTM Canada and Cycleworks realised that I was pretty choked about the whole situation and offered me something out of the power parts catalog, so I ended up with a H&B Black Top Case to match my side bags.... a nice gesture, but I would have rather had the bike for those 12 weeks to ride it

Riverside KTM now gets all of my business, last year the bike went in for the 15,000km service, and I get a phone call "ummm we don't have an air filter or spark plugs" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I was a little choked, but in the end, the spark plugs and filter came in late friday afternoon and I was able to take the bike the next day on a quick 2400km trip through BC and it ran like a dream
they've been great to deal with for anything I need so they will be getting my next KTM purchase! I'd highly recommend them!

Adam

lol as an "afternote", I had a few pre-paid service cards from Cycleworks that I wanted to burn up so I ordered a tank bag and went in to pick it up, they still have a lonely 2010 Adventure sitting in there :( I felt bad for it and anyone else that would buy it from them
Adam990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #41
outbacktaz
outbacktaz

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam990 View Post
so I should bring some finality to this dead thread that I forgot about! oops!
I eneded up getting the bike back 12 weeks to the day from when I originally took it in for the issue of the faulty fuel pump :(
this was after weekly (or sometimes twice weekly) calls to Cycleworks and KTM Canada to keep on top of what was going down with my bike while it was in the shop
KTM Canada and Cycleworks realised that I was pretty choked about the whole situation and offered me something out of the power parts catalog, so I ended up with a H&B Black Top Case to match my side bags.... a nice gesture, but I would have rather had the bike for those 12 weeks to ride it

Riverside KTM now gets all of my business, last year the bike went in for the 15,000km service, and I get a phone call "ummm we don't have an air filter or spark plugs" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I was a little choked, but in the end, the spark plugs and filter came in late friday afternoon and I was able to take the bike the next day on a quick 2400km trip through BC and it ran like a dream
they've been great to deal with for anything I need so they will be getting my next KTM purchase! I'd highly recommend them!

Adam

lol as an "afternote", I had a few pre-paid service cards from Cycleworks that I wanted to burn up so I ordered a tank bag and went in to pick it up, they still have a lonely 2010 Adventure sitting in there :( I felt bad for it and anyone else that would buy it from them
Was it a white one?? If it was, it is now mine. And we've been shredding the roads, paved and unpaved, of North America since August of 2011. And I had no issue with the bike or the dealership whatsoever. But I feel for you, 'cause I had issues with my Ford stealership in Cold Lake ever since I bought my brand-new 2011 F150...

Hope to see you in the roads!!
To sin by silence makes cowards out of men! Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Peace is mostly valued by those who are sworn to protect it! Unknown

outbacktaz screwed with this post 06-02-2013 at 12:48 AM
outbacktaz is offline   Reply With Quote