Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #16
Bruce Caldwell OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
I dont know about the screens you mentioned but I <3 my Wunderlich vario.

That looks interesting! I also checked out the TT desierto screen but I don't think he'd go for the price but it sure looks good. How do you like the TT hand guards & do the spoilers make much of a difference?

Guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the place where the guy with the horns & pointed stick conducts his business...Frank Zappa
Bruce Caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #17
butterflymethane
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Awesome that he's still riding at 81! I taught two 75 year olds how to ride. Truly amazing!

As for soft luggage, my favourite is the MotoFizz seat bag. Easy to access everything; very well laid out. http://www.aerostich.com/motofizz-ca...ags-small.html I just recently bought the medium size b/c I didn't want to use saddle bags anymore and the medium motofizz bag does the job. Water resistant, but comes with a rain cover to add more protection.

I've used the Fieldsheer contour mini-saddle bags and they're small, but it's enough when combined with the Motofizz bag. Got mine on sale for $50 USD http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...addle-Bag.aspx Water resistant, but comes with rain covers.
These saddle bags aren't the best fit for the F650GS, but with precision, and secure tying-down, they will clear the pipe and stay in place.

I now have the Wolfman Dry Expedition saddlebags with the side rack but your dad, depending on the conditions of his hands, may find the "roll closure" to be difficult. Not sure. These bags are waterproof but I just got them so can't review on how well they work http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedi...ddle_bags.html

As for the F650GS itself, it's a peppy bike. Easy to manouever around. It won't have the torque like the 1200 but the 650 willl still get you where you need to go, quick enough.
butterflymethane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #18
JoeDuck
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 665
So far the TT handguards have been OK. I don't have anything to compare them to, but they definitely block some wind/water from reaching my hands on inclement days.
JoeDuck is offline   Reply With Quote