Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #76
CamoGreg
Can you see me?

Oddometer: 3,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Copycat.... I had mine first

I have been using it almost every day. I still need to do a review but have been pressed for time.

Regarding the short waist strap, They sent me a larger one when
I asked about buying materials to make one. I was impressed to find they were removable. Very well thought out piece of gear. Not many short comings at all.
What's this short waist strap you speak of? I thought mine was too long.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #77
rwp2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
High quality product, fast shipping, great customer service.
rwp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #78
McFuryMcNugget
me specie in dea ist

Oddometer: 499
Promo item.

Hello there i got the bag but not the Promo item ?

Good product but i dont know why i did not get the promo as listed ?
Whats next ? Man walking on the moon ?.
All typing is done with One Finger using a MacPro Computer.
McFuryMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #79
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Geigerrig promo

Sorry for the delay in getting the promo items out. We ran out of filters about 8 days ago, but a new batch arrived late on Friday. We will be shipping out filters and filter ready tubes tomorrow. Deepest apologies for the delay...but not to worry, we're going to honor the ADVrider promotion.

We love you guys here at ADVrider, and we'll keep supporting all of you.

Happy Trails! Be safe...

Bob Geiger
Vice President, GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFuryMcNugget View Post
Hello there i got the bag but not the Promo item ?

Good product but i dont know why i did not get the promo as listed ?
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #80
Toompine
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
I ordered last week and got an email from Bob Geiger today on the filter. Really comforting when you get that kind of follow up communication.

Will post when it arrives
Toompine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #81
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,928
Received my bright yellow kit and it looks fantastic!!!!! My only thought is I should have ordered the 3L bladder in lieu of the 2L

I assume the 3L will fit in the 500???

Thanks again Bob for the fantastic product!
Wattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #82
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
Received my bright yellow kit and it looks fantastic!!!!! My only thought is I should have ordered the 3L bladder in lieu of the 2L

I assume the 3L will fit in the 500???

Thanks again Bob for the fantastic product!
That is exactly what I was thinking. I put my Rig500 on test in Death Valley this weekend and I am sure that I need a bigger bladder for that.
We can fit a 3 L one in Rig500, right???

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #83
dogen
certified JB welder

Oddometer: 15
Will trade a 3 litre for a 2 litre

I got a 3 litre geigerrig " hydration engine" and I think it's too big for my purposes. I'm willing to trade with someone who has an unused 2 litre one.
PM me if interested.
dogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #84
motobone
Free for all!

Oddometer: 224
I just found this product and will be ordering soon, but first I have a few questions.

Bob, Are there any plans to have a "clam shell" design in the future? This would be a good place to roll up a jacket for when the day heats up.

I too would like to know if a 3L will fit into the 500.

Thanks in advance.
motobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #85
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

GEIGERRIG Questions

hb,

Thanks for the questions. Thanks for the interest in GEIGERRIG.

1) YES. The RIG 500 can host a 3 Litre Hydration Engine; however, it comes with a 2 Litre Hydration engine. Because of the filtration capability of GEIGERRIG, some people prefer to start off with less sink water because they can always refill. Carry less weight, resupply more often.

Bottom line though...the 3 Litre engine does work in the RIG 500.

2) Clam Shell Design: We've been focusing on the development of many new designs for many purposes and uses. There are so so many ways to go. I would welcome a phone call from you at our offices: 801-823-3336 to discuss your ideas and thoughts so that we can communicate them to our engineers. Just ask for me when you contact the office.

Thanks!

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb View Post
I just found this product and will be ordering soon, but first I have a few questions.

Bob, Are there any plans to have a "clam shell" design in the future? This would be a good place to roll up a jacket for when the day heats up.

I too would like to know if a 3L will fit into the 500.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #86
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Just thought that I would share this recent editorial that we received. We are so appreciative of the community here at ADV Rider. THANKS! -

Editor's Choice - Adventure World Magazine
GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs

"THESE ARE THE BEST HYDRATION BLADDERS ON THE MARKET..." - Editor

Name:  Adventure World Logo.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  9.5 KB

www.GEIGERRIG.com

These are the best hydration bladders on the market. They have plenty of well deserved awards to prove it. The bladders are actually called engines because, while they look similar to a regular bladder, they actually spray water. Just pinch the bite valve with your teeth or fingers and the water sprays right out so that you can keep the oxygen flowing into your lungs while you drink. You pump up a separate chamber in the engine to pressurize it with a ball similar to that of a blood pressure cuff which is stowed in a pouch on the shoulder strap of your pack. The hose snaps on and off easily with a quick release and the top of the engine slides open completely letting everything dry out quickly with no hiding spots for the water. [It even turns inside out for cleaning in the top shelf of your dishwasher.] The bite valve never leaks, which blows me away. Every other valve I've had leaks constantly and they aren't even pressurized! Adding the feather-light water filter extends your water supply to fifty gallons.

Their packs come in several different sizes, but they are all incredibly tough and well padded with plenty of well thought-out pockets and straps to organize and stow equipment. I wasn't affraid to load these things down with the heaviest gear I could find and nothing is going to stab through the ballistic nylon.

Check outwww.GEIGERRIG.com for the full product line and details. (Click Here)

- Editor, Aventure World Magazine

Click Here for the link to this article in Adventure World Magazine.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:46 AM   #87
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
My 3 liter hydration engine came in yesterday. I haven't had a chance to do anything with it as yet, but I'm impressed by the thoughtfulness that went into the design.

One of the aspects that really sold me was the fact that the hoses are of a quick-disconnect design. For those of us who have Rally 2 Pro jackets, that's a major benefit, because tearing open the jacket layers to run the hoses is a real pain. I'll still have to open it up to get to the pocket where the reservoir sits, but it will be much easier to do refills this way.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #88
Toompine
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toompine View Post
I ordered last week and got an email from Bob Geiger today on the filter. Really comforting when you get that kind of follow up communication.

Will post when it arrives

Got my bladder and a few days later the filter arrived. I have been looking at bladders for a year now. I have one I got from Aerostich with the big open top and one in my Camelback which is really hard to clean. I wanted some flexiblity to put a bladder in my jacket or in a tank bag or maybe in a tank saddelbag. I have had terrible luck with actually using a water bladder with the need to suck hard to get it going and the wrong end to use inside a full face helmet, consquently I did not hydrate enough.

The Geigerrig bladder, hose and pump is amazing. Easy to fill, easy to clean and very easy to use. The pressure pump makes all the difference in the world and now I am liking the constant "sips" without all the drama. This is a really well thought out and tested product that delivers on its promises and is really high quality. Love the quick disconnects too. Have not used the filter yet on "bad water" but will try that in a few weeks in a test. I am not sure that bad water is in my plans but the peace of mind to know you are covered is worth a lot. Great product, great people. This is the product to get
Toompine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #89
leeinmemphis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,040
Guys I just returned from a long weekend where I used the Geigerrig quite a bit. I used it in my tankbag and made a small insulating pocket for it. It held the water cold all day.

Here is the bare bladder

The material is called reflectix and available in most Lowe's

bladder in the pocket

Top made to go over the pocket

Cut a corner off so the hoses could get outside of the pocket

sitting in my wolfman rainier tankbag

here are the exposed pieces. It is very usable while riding down the road.

I will still carry it on my bike when DS riding but when touring I plan to use it in the tank bag so I do not have to carry it all day.

Just an FYI
leeinmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #90
Plinkerton
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Well, I'm gonna jump on board.

I've always preferred Platypus bladders over CamelBaks, but these things look awesome. Especially being able to filter.