User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
hamiamham OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
HDB Handguards on a 2006 F650 GS

I realize this is the forum for the twins but its far more active for the 650's then the thumper forum. Has anyone tried to mount the HDB handguards on this bike? There appears to be an issue as the abs switch as well as the emergency flasher switch on this bike are both mounted to the factory top clamp.
hamiamham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:22 AM   #2
lmclamore
Citation Collector

Oddometer: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiamham View Post
I realize this is the forum for the twins but its far more active for the 650's then the thumper forum. Has anyone tried to mount the HDB handguards on this bike? There appears to be an issue as the abs switch as well as the emergency flasher switch on this bike are both mounted to the factory top clamp.
Just want to make sure you realize that /=2008 is the parallel twin with very little in common. I know you are scoping out a new ride and wasn't sure you knew this. Don't ask me why BMW decided to do this. It was even confusing for the dealers at first.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:28 AM   #3
lmclamore
Citation Collector

Oddometer: 412
Huh? I guess the use of less/greater than symbols isn't allowed. Anyway, I'll just use words...

The F650GS up to and including 2007 was a single cylinder (and true 650cc) that has now been renamed the G650GS.
The F650GS since 2008 is a 798cc parallel twin with little in common with the single.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmclamore View Post
Just want to make sure you realize that /=2008 is the parallel twin with very little in common. I know you are scoping out a new ride and wasn't sure you knew this. Don't ask me why BMW decided to do this. It was even confusing for the dealers at first.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Oddometer: 1,265
We have a very active thread for the F650GS single here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15532654
mrprez is offline   Reply With Quote