Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #16
Grits&Gravy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Good luck with your new bike and hopefully it has risers or you are short and don't need them because you will be standing up if it has the stock seat

I just got my new 2011 and I put 455 miles on it this past weekend. Monday I scheduled my seat build with Renazco. Down side is that I have to wait till July. The bike is awesome! You're gonna love it at first sight.

Grits&Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,544
you need to pack a tent, a bag, and an air mattress and take the scenic route!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzo View Post
chitown mentions the front fender... i saw your video as i was following your Winter Madness ride report. sorry to see that happen and the injuries you received. glad it wasnt serious, but a horrible way to end the Madness. heres to healing quick!

my tickets booked, doing the fly-and-ride next thursday! going to be a nice 9 hour ride back to Louisville with a break in davenport ia to see a relative i havent seen in years. that is....

if my rear bearings dont go out, the front axle doesnt snap, the gas tank doesnt havent a crack, the ews antenna ring doesnt mysteriously fail, the generator doesnt go out, the chain/rear sprocket doesnt have problems, and of course my front fender doesnt snap causing my brake lines to wrap in the front wheel!

should be an awesome introductory ride!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #18
trizzo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
picked up my new-to-me f800gs yesterday afternoon in cedar rapids. i got the fast one, the yellow one! took it to ginas bmw in iowa city for a quick look over, then blasted over to Leclaire outside davenport for dinner, then headed south to enjoy the dirt roads of illinois in the dark before hitting a hotel in galesburg il. damn this bike is a lot of fun, the engine has a good growl and really scoots. going to make my way down to the arch in st louis today, visit some friends along the way and enjoy the back country of IL, MO and KY on the way home. ride report will pics will be posted in a few days! thx for the tips guys!
trizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #19
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzo View Post
enjoy the back country of IL, MO and KY on the way home. ride report will pics will be posted in a few days! thx for the tips guys!

Congrats!

Isn't Gina's BMW great people? Well worth any ride out of the way.

Have a blast.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:13 AM   #20
trizzo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Isn't Gina's BMW great people? Well worth any ride out of the way.
you cant begin to describe how hospitable and kind Gina and Julius are. i did *not* expect a freebie, emailed Julius nearly 2 weeks in advance to request a tech to review this used bike. he said "no problem, just show up and we will take care of you".

i show up, they instantly get crackin, and when i ask what the damage is, Julius says "have a safe ride" and thats it. "no cmon julius, this isnt fair...". "ride safe" he says again and asks about the Marine Corps.

really appreciate that dealership. and now i wished i would have pushed Gina to buy that larger windscreen they already had installed on that white f8 in the showroom! not sure they would have removed it tho.

but wow, some really nice folks at that dealership! and the customers the same. every customer that came in that afternoon stopped and chatted, talked about their new purchase (one guy bought his wife an F650GS, and he himself is in the process of collecting each year of VROD), another gal was looking at a GSA.

we are crossing over into ride report territory, so i must stop! ;-)
Old 03-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #21
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,544

ride report? pictures? what you got?

nevermind!
Old 03-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #22
trizzo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

not done yet, still collating pics and stories!