ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #3076
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,995
T SHIRTS REMINDER

IF YOU DON'T GET YOURS BY THIS AFTERNOON, PLEASE PM ME.


by monday, i need to unload the tees i have with me.

thanks.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #3077
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish4ku View Post
Just bought a Spot Connect via West Marine. In stock, arrived today at my doorstep. Nice unit - works awesome with my android.


good score....


wish there's a wm nearby, i'm sure they will ship. will call rei again today and see what's the status on sito's connect.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #3078
TrailMaven
Exec Director SOS
 
Joined: May 2010
Oddometer: 7
Adventure Riders host Fundraiser Dinner for Stewards of the Sequoia

Hi Adventure Riders-
It was great of Ron aka Ramjet to host a fund raiser dinner to help support Stewards of the Sequoia efforts to keep trails open in the Sequoia National Forest.
I hear Adventure Riders will be coming to Sequoia to enjoy the trails April 22-24. I want to invite each of you who enjoy the Sequoia trails to become members of Stewards so we can keep you up to date with our monthly Newsletter. I hope the riders who have not yet made a tax deductible donation will consider making one now, so Stewards can continue to help keep the trails open for you to enjoy.
For those who do not know about Stewards you find out about our who we are and our many accomplishments
We are the largest and most successful trail advocates and largest on the ground volunteer organization in the Sequoia Forest

Here is the segment from our April Newsletter




Ron absorbed all the of the costs for the dinner, what a very nice way to help the Sequoia trails we all love
Way to go Ron and thanks to all of those who made a donation. Your support is what makes it possible to stop trail closures in Sequoia.
TrailMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #3079
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailMaven View Post
Hi Adventure Riders-
It was great of Ron aka Ramjet to host a fund raiser dinner to help support Stewards of the Sequoia efforts to keep trails open in the Sequoia National Forest.
I hear Adventure Riders will be coming to Sequoia to enjoy the trails April 22-24. I want to invite each of you who enjoy the Sequoia trails to become members of Stewards so we can keep you up to date with our monthly Newsletter. I hope the riders who have not yet made a tax deductible donation will consider making one now, so Stewards can continue to help keep the trails open for you to enjoy.
For those who do not know about Stewards you find out about our who we are and our many accomplishments
We are the largest and most successful trail advocates and largest on the ground volunteer organization in the Sequoia Forest

Here is the segment from our April Newsletter




Ron absorbed all the of the costs for the dinner, what a very nice way to help the Sequoia trails we all love
Way to go Ron and thanks to all of those who made a donation. Your support is what makes it possible to stop trail closures in Sequoia.
glad to hear we were able to help. many of us will be in the sequioas on the weekend of the april 22-24. that's a beautiful place and we all have to work hard to keep it open and clean.

ron you are the man.....; i have been riding with ron for 3 years or so, the man was unselfish and he loves to ride.



this takes a lot of work, plus the cuscous, salad, condiments, etc; and trucking the food to PSR which is about hours away from his house.



the tax man....




THAT WEEKEND, WE SAW OVER A HUNDRED OF APPRECIATIVE PEOPLE AND THEY WERE OUTSTANDING IN BOTH GIVING AND HELPING OTHERS.

WE HAVE A GREAT COMMUNITY AND GLAD TO BE A PART OF IT...


EDIT: next year, i propose we do it again, thusday is SOS NIGHT!

NSFW screwed with this post 04-03-2011 at 03:14 PM
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #3080
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
glad to hear we were able to help. many of us will be in the sequioas on the weekend of the april 22-24. that's a beautiful place and we all have to work hard to keep it open and clean.

ron you are the man.....; i have been riding with ron for 3 years or so, the man was unselfish and he loves to ride.



this takes a lot of work, plus the cuscous, salad, condiments, etc; and trucking the food to PSR which is about hours away from his house.



the tax man....




THAT WEEKEND, WE SAW OVER A HUNDRED OF APPRECIATIVE PEOPLE AND THEY WERE OUTSTANDING IN BOTH GIVING AND HELPING OTHERS.

WE HAVE A GREAT COMMUNITY AND GLAD TO BE A PART OF IT...


EDIT: next year, i propose we do it again, thusday is SOS NIGHT!
Ron ,

Joel, you know that for military types SOS has special meaning. I for one, hope to never see SOS again as long as I live. Now if you are talking Stewards of the Sequoia, I am all in. Sign me up as help.
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #3081
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer
 
ramjet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Super F'd Up N. California
Oddometer: 2,118
Thanks to everyone that came to partake of the dinner and to those that gave a hand because-couldn't have done it without you!! It was my pleasure to make that contribution to Stewards because they get the job done but you were all over the top generous in your giving. I'm humbled by this ADV group. Awesome. Thanks again, all.
__________________

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum

(Are you understanding now!?)
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #3082
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
Thanks to everyone that came to partake of the dinner and to those that gave a hand because-couldn't have done it without you!! It was my pleasure to make that contribution to Stewards because they get the job done but you were all over the top generous in your giving. I'm humbled by this ADV group. Awesome. Thanks again, all.

yeah ron, it's a great group we have. others looking in, you are all welcome to be a part of this big family.

so, next year.....ron you will be our thursday night host again....wohooo!
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #3083
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,995
missing go pro camera......


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmamaandme View Post
Just thought I would post this up..............We have two Go Pros............the HD one posted above and a second the older low res one. We cant find the Low res el cheapo one. Theres a chance we dropped it around the campsite so if some one found it let us know. It should have a SD card in it with some video of the Ural etc. Thanks Cory

hope someone in our group found it.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #3084
groop
So much to ponder
 
groop's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: oc, ca
Oddometer: 3,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
the way i see it, psr is a little better than primitive camping. for the camping fee they charge, i would not expect a multiple star facility. as the common saying goes, you get what you pay for. where else can we camp as low as $5 per person/night.

next year we will have at least the ff.
camp volunteers
designated containers for beer bottles and cans
each campsite will have a person in-charge
we pack out, what we packed in with some exceptions
Joel
Our group (5 of us) didn't sign up by the cutoff but we went out anyhow for the second year. Stopped by PSR to see if there were any cancellations but the folks we asked couldn't help. That being said, and the fact that it was afternoon alreadyy made us head to Stovepipe before the sites were gone. Campsites were smooth and flat. Had a great time there for both nights. Restaurants, groceries and gas all within walking distance. Any chance on moving the rally there in the future?
Just a thought.
__________________
Because you cannot eat a salad with a spork.
groop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #3085
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless
 
Rob.G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Fulltiming in an RV!
Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by groop View Post
Joel
Our group (5 of us) didn't sign up by the cutoff but we went out anyhow for the second year. Stopped by PSR to see if there were any cancellations but the folks we asked couldn't help. That being said, and the fact that it was afternoon alreadyy made us head to Stovepipe before the sites were gone. Campsites were smooth and flat. Had a great time there for both nights. Restaurants, groceries and gas all within walking distance. Any chance on moving the rally there in the future?
Just a thought.
As a total nOOb in every respect, I'll chime in. ;)

I see both ups and downs. First, is there room at Stovepipe? Are there full hookups for RVers who want them? The temps could be quite a bit warmer if there's a warm spell (could be a good thing, could be a bad thing). I do like the idea that it's closer to some of the "high points" of the area, BUT, since it seems like the group prefers the trails, it's actually farther away from where they'd probably want to be... Saline Valley Road to name one.

Rob
__________________
'12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
'96 Suzuki DR650
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #3086
scorpion
Two arm bandit
 
scorpion's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Planet Reno
Oddometer: 5,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by groop View Post
Joel
Our group (5 of us) didn't sign up by the cutoff but we went out anyhow for the second year. Stopped by PSR to see if there were any cancellations but the folks we asked couldn't help. That being said, and the fact that it was afternoon alreadyy made us head to Stovepipe before the sites were gone. Campsites were smooth and flat. Had a great time there for both nights. Restaurants, groceries and gas all within walking distance. Any chance on moving the rally there in the future?
Just a thought.
The NPS hates ADV riders in large numbers
PSR lets us get away with a lot of shit that wouldn't fly in Stovepipe.
__________________

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #3087
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by groop View Post
Joel
Our group (5 of us) didn't sign up by the cutoff but we went out anyhow for the second year. Stopped by PSR to see if there were any cancellations but the folks we asked couldn't help. That being said, and the fact that it was afternoon alreadyy made us head to Stovepipe before the sites were gone. Campsites were smooth and flat. Had a great time there for both nights. Restaurants, groceries and gas all within walking distance. Any chance on moving the rally there in the future?
Just a thought.

STOVEPIPE is a great place and has a lot of amenities.....but they cater primarily to the tourist.

stovepipe is inside the national park which means the park rules apply and will be enforced.

http://www.nps.gov/deva/parkmgmt/rules-and-regulations.htm

a group of 20 or more have to get a permint.

to reserve the sites, it's first come first served, which means at least 50 of us will have to reserve in advance using our credit cards.

lots of neighbors that may not tolerate the motorcycle scene and party atmosphere.

it takes another 30 minutes to get to from PSR, and another 30 minutes to get back home.

i got scolded and almost got a ticket from a park ranger for dumping a bucket of good water on the dirt in the camp. that's just show how strict enforcement can be.

the best riding areas are right next to psr.

no chance we will have it at stovepipe.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #3088
1224R
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 1,806
Ramjet great chow... Tasty!! And I have to get a Aeropress for my coffee!!!
See you soon!!
__________________
I thought YOU had the map......
1224R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #3089
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless
 
Rob.G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Fulltiming in an RV!
Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
STOVEPIPE is a great place and has a lot of amenities.....but they cater primarily to the tourist.

stovepipe is inside the national park which means the park rules apply and will be enforced.

http://www.nps.gov/deva/parkmgmt/rules-and-regulations.htm

no chance we will have it at stovepipe.
Good points. I wouldn't want to be under the thumb of the NPS either.

If I'm still able to go next year, I may volunteer to help with cleanup on Sunday.

Rob
__________________
'12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
'96 Suzuki DR650
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #3090
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
Good points. I wouldn't want to be under the thumb of the NPS either.

If I'm still able to go next year, I may volunteer to help with cleanup on Sunday.

Rob
DVDaze seemed perfectly fine to me. I thought it was great and in the NPS.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014