Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #31
RamblinKevin OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
More Kentucky and Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones View Post
The North end of the trace wasn't finished until the late 90's. You can tell by the curves on the north end then you go 15 miles south and the Trace straighten out. If I were to guess, The curves were added to slow people down. If you ever drive it in a car, you are doing 75-80 before you realize how fast you are going.

AJ
Those curves have just the opposite affect on me. I speed up for the corners and slow down to enjoy the scenery on the straightaways.

Here are a few more pictures of the LBL area, and I should be able to wrap up the report tomorrow.

Kentucky Lake.

Turkey Bay OHV, more tomorrow.

RamblinKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #32
planemanx15
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
incredible pictures! keep em coming.. I especially like that one on the first page of the water fall right behind the house. Must be nice to wake up to that every morning.
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #33
DUALATP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Man, I wish i had seen this thread sooner....could have arranged a day off to ride with you.....Your in my back yard....Great Pics and ride report...The next time you come this way from Indy...be sure and shoot me a message and we can ride the roads at LBL together.,...

ATP's Termiter...
DUALATP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:32 AM   #34
RamblinKevin OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by planemanx15 View Post
incredible pictures! keep em coming.. I especially like that one on the first page of the water fall right behind the house. Must be nice to wake up to that every morning.
Thanks planemanx15. Right across the road from Loretta Lynn's mansion is the river with waterfall, very pretty area. The ranch is open to all for exploration, not including the mansion, which is part of the Tour. Awesome woodland trails (for events only), ton's of dirt roads, and an MX track with AMA events throughout the year, what's not to like about all that? Awesome place to visit. Highly recommended. The MTDR guys do a first class job on the events they hold there throughout the year. Very family friendly too if you are so inclined.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #35
RamblinKevin OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUALATP View Post
Man, I wish i had seen this thread sooner....could have arranged a day off to ride with you.....Your in my back yard....Great Pics and ride report...The next time you come this way from Indy...be sure and shoot me a message and we can ride the roads at LBL together.,...
Thanks DUALATP. Thanks for the invite! I may just take you up on it a little later this spring. There are some awesome places to ride/camp at LBL on either lake, as I'm sure you already know. Earlier this year on a shakedown run to LBL, I noticed alot of double and single track trails heading into the woods from some of the dirt roads no doubt leading to some special place or campsite. Some of the dirt roads where rough with elevation changes which is perfect for a dualsporting adventure destination. And then there's Turkey Bay OHV Park...

I will be posting pictures of my brief tour of that facility later today. The gentleman at the gate was kind enough to offer for me to take a ride down the main road of the facility and back, just to check it out for next time. Great Guy. Awesome facility!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #36
RamblinKevin OP
Adventurer

More Kentucky and Tennessee

Sunday afternoon rolled around and I knew it was time to head back to Indy, but I wanted to check out Turkey Bay for future trips. The guy at the gate offered to let me ride the main road down and back to check it out, and I took him up on it.

With miles of trails and camping on the Lake, Turkey Bay will be calling my name all summer long. I'll just have to heed that call.

Thanks for reading my weekend ride report.

Stay tuned this summer for a 2 week cross country adventure ride to Sunny California!

Please let me know if you have questions or comments. Thank You!