Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #16
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Went down somewhat hard last summer in a burned out forest, a piece of burned brush (hardened wood) punctured the top of the radiator

If not for the puncture it would have been simply my ego and pride that needed fixing...instead the radiator cost close to $500.00 or so. (just so you know when you order a radiator you get a thermostat and the top fittings too.)

the sacrifcial parts are worth it

BTW
I still made it 60 miles home, had to add one bottle of H20, think the wood sealed the damage long enough for me to get home...

Even with the brackets damaged on top and bottom, the radiator stayed in position, no "flopping" around. The hoses basically hold it in place. Like many have said with some simple trail side repairs most radiator damage should allow you to get back. However I am going to FAB some sort of protection from "sticks and stones"!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #17
Bayner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,463
There's quite a few different offerings out there already for rad guards. Might be worth having a look before you bust out the sheet metal and hole punch...
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote