Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #31
yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobr View Post

Where, when and how much please Mr Husqvarna.
yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #32
Trang OP
... 2nd last to the Sweep

Oddometer: 1,069
Quote:
Where has this image come from?

Is "J.Brasils" an Amatuer creative person that has done this in some 'spare time', or is this a real concept that is being displayed as a prelude to commerially available new kit?

More info please
Old 04-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #33
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by yety61 View Post
Where, when and how much please Mr Husqvarna.
I think you mean Herr Husqvarna now
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #34
Trang OP

Quote:
Although this looks kind of 'Cool', the more you study it, the less practial it seems to be.

Especially when you consider that there does not appear to be any extra fuel added to the front, meaning that the standard tank of 8.5 litres, would require around 20 litres of fuel in the rear tanks.

Also, that fairing would have to be easily removed in order to access the air filter
http://www.transmoto.com.au/publish/...449-Air-Filter

Old 04-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #35
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,789
Quote:
Keyword: concept.

This bike does not exist in reality. Only in the computer. The fairing and side panels are so horribly rendered that it screams Microsoft paint.

The above is fake. Here is the real deal that the Speedbrain-Husqvarna team is riding:

The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #36
jobr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz View Post
Keyword: concept.

This bike does not exist in reality. Only in the computer. The fairing and side panels are so horribly rendered that it screams Microsoft paint.

The above is fake. Here is the real deal that the Speedbrain-Husqvarna team is riding:

Of Corse it’s fake.

This is a design “concept” of how it could look, if we ever got the funding to build it.
It does not represent the finished bike in regards to tank volume and so on.

Some of things that have to addressed in a finished bike are :

At least 29 Liter gas tank.
Oil cooler.
Reinforced frame.
Extended rear swing arm.
Easy service access.
and so on..

Note, that this bike would be based on the actual TE-449. Not the G450x, with a Husqvarna engine and a new sticker set! ;-)

And as I said “Dreaming, again!!”, but who knows……

J
jobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:42 AM   #37
jobr
Adventurer

But This is the current baby... And its real...

Mixed suppliers of parts, BERRT, Bianchi Prata, SpeedBrain and others.
A lot of parts is my own design like instrumentation, carbon/Kevlar crash-plate with water tank and so on…

Old 04-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #38
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,731
Altitude testing (3,000m) in Chile for the Dakar! The bike is a TE449 with a 34 litre tank kit prepared by the Chilean importer.

Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 PM   #39
Pilbara
In the flow...

Oddometer: 1,570
Question Aluminium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
Altitude testing (3,000m) in Chile for the Dakar! The bike is a TE449 with a 34 litre tank kit prepared by the Chilean importer.
Looks like an ali fabricated tank? Is it 34L or combined with standard tank 34L?

Cheers
Pilbara
Pilbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #40
Trang OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
Looks like an ali fabricated tank? Is it 34L or combined with standard tank 34L?
... either way, it's still a fair bit of weight on the back.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #41
Wild Man
Escape Artist

Oddometer: 1,471
Quote:
Mixed suppliers of parts, BERRT, Bianchi Prata, SpeedBrain and others.
[COLOR=#cdcdcd][FONT=Verdana]A lot of parts is my own design like instrumentation, carbon/Kevlar crash-plate with water tank and so on
The design and build on the carbon fiber crash plate with the water tank is fantastic. I just received mine after getting all the other Speedbrain G450RR parts.

Would you happen to know the manufacturer of the oil cooler used on these bikes? I've seen the pictures elsewhere on the forum but no sources. I'm trying to locate a source for the oil cooler as well as the extended swing arm. Other than those two parts, I believe I have everything else I need.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #42
jobr
Adventurer

Well, oil-cooler is a tricky thing.

On the BMW/Husky bike they have done some welding on the engineblock to be able to get the oil out of the engine to the oil-cooler.
This is is NOT recomended from the engine manufacturer, due to material integrity problems after welding in the aluminum engineblock. So if you do not get your engines for FREE, This is probably NOT the way to go!!

There are some one off solutions used by Dakar riders, but they are pretty secretive about there solutions to the oil-cooler problem (i have asked a few of them, with no luck). So for now this is a "make our own" part.

I am talking to a friend of mine that will have a look if there is a way to produce a interface to the oilfilter cover, that will allow the use of the original oilfilter. But this will take some time.(I will post updates)

The long swing arm is probably the same "one of build" so probably nothing we regular people ever will get our hands on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Man View Post
The design and build on the carbon fiber crash plate with the water tank is fantastic. I just received mine after getting all the other Speedbrain G450RR parts.

Would you happen to know the manufacturer of the oil cooler used on these bikes? I've seen the pictures elsewhere on the forum but no sources. I'm trying to locate a source for the oil cooler as well as the extended swing arm. Other than those two parts, I believe I have everything else I need.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #43
Wild Man
Escape Artist

Oddometer: 1,471
Quote:
Well, oil-cooler is a tricky thing.

On the BMW/Husky bike they have done some welding on the engineblock to be able to get the oil out of the engine to the oil-cooler.
This is is NOT recomended from the engine manufacturer, due to material integrity problems after welding in the aluminum engineblock. So if you do not get your engines for FREE, This is probably NOT the way to go!!

There are some one off solutions used by Dakar riders, but they are pretty secretive about there solutions to the oil-cooler problem (i have asked a few of them, with no luck). So for now this is a "make our own" part.

I am talking to a friend of mine that will have a look if there is a way to produce a interface to the oilfilter cover, that will allow the use of the original oilfilter. But this will take some time.(I will post updates)

The long swing arm is probably the same "one of build" so probably nothing we regular people ever will get our hands on....
Thanks for the info. I saw the picture of the modified engine block in the G450 thread, and I would not attempt such a MAJOR modification. I have a feeling that may be the most effective for cooling the oil while keeping it moving - but it's just not practical for us mortals.

I believe Andrew Gore (inmate in the US) may also try to produce an oil filter cover interface for the G450 but none of us know if that method will be effective or not yet. I'll let you know what we discover here as well.

Thanks again for the response!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #44
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,088
It would seem the only other obvious take off spot would be the two screen filter plugs down by the drain.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #45
Trang OP

449 Rallye Build

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=65

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712240

http://bc2dakar.com/