Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #106
FrozenViking
Thawing

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks View Post
I like my Holans, they've done what I bought them to do several times now.
I'm expecting similar spills (Hey, I'm realistic), so I want to get the crashbars sooner, rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks View Post
But if were buying today, I'd take a serious gander at the AltRider bars. I saw them at the BMW Rally in Redmond, and they looked stout and yet not ugly and intrusive (like some I could mention, but won't).
I really like the look of the AltRider bars. Definitely need to research them a bit.
FrozenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #107
Captain Beardylocks
travelling beardo

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenViking View Post
Are the guys at Holan aware of this? ... Could these parts be swapped out, to avoid the problem?
I was just gonna swap 'em with stainless hardware, or if that looks expensive, just paint over the exposed parts. not really that expensive eityher way.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #108
Singletrack_mind
Cave Man

Oddometer: 364
Holans survive a really hard hit

I'm pretty happy with my Holan bars and have crashed on them a lot. Last week they really paid for themselves. On the first day of a 6 day trip, on a really rocky climb, I got bounced off line and rammed a huge rock jutting out from the hillside. This was a square edged boulder, utterly immovable, the visible portion about the size of two refrigerators. I hit it right on the leading edge of the uppermost loop of the crashbars, right side. This is just an inch or two from the radiator. The bars sustained serious damage, but the radiator was untouched. Without these bars, my ride would have ended right there.

Haven't decided yet whether to repair or replace, but the beauty of it is that I don't have to do anything at all right now, just keep riding : )

Postscript: When I looked into replacing the right side crash bar I discovered that as of May 2012 the Holan bars are no longer being imported to the USA. End of this thread!

Singletrack_mind screwed with this post 05-14-2012 at 09:04 PM Reason: Holan bars no longer available
Singletrack_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #109
one.nine
n00b

Oddometer: 9
That pisses me off. wtf Holan? those are the crash bars i want...

one.nine screwed with this post 07-01-2012 at 11:29 AM Reason: spell chucker sux
one.nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #110
kugi
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack_mind View Post
Postscript: When I looked into replacing the right side crash bar I discovered that as of May 2012 the Holan bars are no longer being imported to the USA. End of this thread!
I think you can order it direct in Polish producer - holan.pl or twalcom.com (Italy).

Best,
Marcin
kugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #111
one.nine
n00b

we'll see, emailed them
Old 07-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #112
one.nine
n00b

Holan will ship directly to the USA. 70 euros for shipping? I guess it's not that bad, that should put the price right at $320. I also emailed Revzilla and asked them if they would be a new distributer in the USA. I love those Holan pro bars. It's the lower engine protection, looks pretty stout.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #113
kurt1305
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenViking View Post
I really like the look of the AltRider bars. Definitely need to research them a bit.
I was sold on the Alt Rider bars until I saw the disclaimer they would not work with the BMW OEM large skid plate. Holan was my second choice, but I found they were no longer imported. I ordered the SW Motech instead as I liked the body work protection offered.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #114
one.nine
n00b

Thumb Got a new set today

Got a set of Holan Pro's today for my f800gs. I ordered them directly from Holan in Poland. Great customer service. Great communication. Great product. I asked revzilla if they would consider carrying their stuff, they said maybe some day. Holan said they were interested...... anyway. I wanted to share my experience.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #115
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Oddometer: 6,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by one.nine View Post
Got a set of Holan Pro's today for my f800gs. I ordered them directly from Holan in Poland. Great customer service. Great communication. Great product. I asked revzilla if they would consider carrying their stuff, they said maybe some day. Holan said they were interested...... anyway. I wanted to share my experience.
Just curious, as I have a pending order, how long from Poland to US? I still haven't even gotten a confirmation email, from an order in July.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #116
one.nine
n00b

I first spoke with them early July. They had a batch ready July 22. I paid late July. Took about 1.5-2 weeks. Customs there is very slow. Once it cleared customs, about 7-10 days. They're worth the wait IMO.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #117
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
I've had mine on my f650gs for a while now.. They have taken 3 hits n nothing.. The one on the road though (oil spill) didn't quite keep the top fairing safe, just scratches rather than breaking though..
I got the holan rear pannier/crash as well.. Top notch stuff in my opinion ;)
Fitting for back n front was about an hour..
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #118
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
I read someone had to grind away casings to get em to fit.. I didn't have that problem...
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote