Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #241
rschulte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Hey Vespa,

We will know more in the next 10 days. I spoke with Schuberth today.

Stay tuned. It's a waiting game from news from Germany.

Thanks,

Anthony
Heard anything yet? I'm leaving on a trip towards the end of May and am trying to decide on the Hi-Viz (1st choice) and white (2nd choice).
rschulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #242
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
I am still in a hold pattern, unfortunately.

I would imagine by the end of the month should not be an issue, but I am speculating. These things have been tougher to come by than any of us thought.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschulte View Post
Heard anything yet? I'm leaving on a trip towards the end of May and am trying to decide on the Hi-Viz (1st choice) and white (2nd choice).

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #243
RockemRdr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
Happy AZ Boy!

Throwing my 2 cents in -- this is a great helmet and the SRC works great. Not quite as good as my Sena but very close. The helmet integration is awesome. I bought both from Anthony's shop. Fast and efficient!
RockemRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #244
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Hey ADW,

I am supposed to have a call with the Schube's this week. I will ping them.

From my understanding, the range difference was a purposeful sacrifice. They built the SRC into the neck roll to eliminate the possibility of adding any additional noise and decrease in aerodynamics by bolting on any external elements.

At the apex price point most folks hold the quiet and streamline at the top of their list for reasons to pick up such an investment over a more everyday modular. I am not excited about the decrease in range, but I can understand the logic. Some have been affected by it and some have not, I can see in an offroad situation how it could be a line of sight issue.

BoochZilla
I wonder if someone could devise one of those flat stick-on antennas that you get for indoor radio applications and then just stick to the outside of the helmet. Or you could find out what the frequency they use and then get some flat copper cirquit board-style wiring and cut to the proper frequency length and then get some clear tape and stick to the outside of the helmet. That should improve things quite a bit.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #245
katego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
Hey is anyone having trouble with Leaks?

Mine is decidedly leaky. Spray on my eyes, and dripping over my forehead at times. Hec if I can tell how the water is getting there.

-k
Old 04-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #246
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by katego View Post

Mine is decidedly leaky. Spray on my eyes, and dripping over my forehead at times. Hec if I can tell how the water is getting there.

-k
I rode in a torrential rain yesterday and felt just a tiny bit of spray on my nose and forehead now and then. Nothing running down the inside of the visor like my old Nolan, but like you I had no idea where it was coming from.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #247
azgsa
Apathetic

Oddometer: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by katego View Post

-k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
I rode in a torrential rain yesterday and felt just a tiny bit of spray on my nose and forehead now and then. Nothing running down the inside of the visor like my old Nolan, but like you I had no idea where it was coming from.
NOT the kind of stuff I want to hear after just ordering a $700 helmet...
Old 04-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #248
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu

Oddometer: 1,392
I ordered a new C3 and SRC system yesterday at 2pm from Revzilla. UPS brought it this morning! It's fits perfect and is super high quality. I went out at lunch for a 30 min ride and I am very happy. It is a little quieter and lighter than my Scorpion EXO900. The ventilation is kicking.. I've never had a helmet vent this well. The SRC system works very well with my Zumo 665 and iphone. I listened to XM radio and then made a phone call.

I got $50 teamzilla cash too.

My head measurements were right on with the size chart. I measure 23.6" / 59.9cm so I got a XL. I had a XL in a Scorpion as well.

Oh, and I'm digging the quick release strap. You can put your helmet on/off with gloves on!

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown

niceviewbehindbars screwed with this post 04-27-2011 at 12:00 PM
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #249
azgsa
Apathetic

Oddometer: 1,333
Thumb

Just got the C3 this afternoon. Immediately took it on a comparison ride on my Thruxton with no wind screen/protection at all. First rode with the C3 and thought it wasn't all that quiet until I came back and put my Shoei RF1000 on and took it for a spin, world of difference. I did recently mount a Cardo on the Shoei which I'm sure induces some extra noise (I can tell the difference between right and left sides) but no doubt the C3 is more quiet. Feels like the fit is perfectly snuggish right now, hopefully break in doesn't loosen it up too much. Always thought my nose was big but the flip-down tinted visor comes just in front of it.

All in all I'm liking the fit a lot and the extra features make it worth the $ to me. Hope it doesn't leak.I always rode with a tinted visor and counted on good bike lighting at night to make that work without switching to clear, now no more of that. First flip-up helmet, think I might not go back.

Only problem is I'm not going to want to take the C3 on long street/dirt adv rides on the GS which gets it totally dirty inside and out. I like the street helmets over the adv helmets for long rides... Hmmm... Guess there's always the top case for extra helmet.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #250
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,919
Anthony -- Got my C3 a couple of weeks and a thousand miles ago. Still lovin' it! Got my SRC today and installed it. It's currently charging. But the instructions say firmware upgrades are available on any PC running Windows XP or Vista. Hmmm, I'm a Mac.

Any word on supporting the Mac platform in the near future?

Pete
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #251
Random
Quiet Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob View Post
I would only consider buying that crazy expensive helmet if it came in Hi-viz yellow.
I would consider the Hi-viz yellow if I had the money for that crazy expensive helmet.

EDIT: Okay, I just finished reading the thread. I admit it, I jealous of everyone that has a C3. I'd love one but for me, it's a want not a need.

Random screwed with this post 05-08-2011 at 02:35 PM
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #252
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Pete,

Spoke with Schubes - no dice on the MAC support. It's looking less likely with no date in the cloud at the moment.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
Anthony -- Got my C3 a couple of weeks and a thousand miles ago. Still lovin' it! Got my SRC today and installed it. It's currently charging. But the instructions say firmware upgrades are available on any PC running Windows XP or Vista. Hmmm, I'm a Mac.

Any word on supporting the Mac platform in the near future?

Pete

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #253
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Its really that good. The stability, fit and balance of the lid are my favorite features after about 1000 miles in it.

The quiet factor is the obvious upside from day one.

If you are a modular guy it really is the top of the food chain.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
I would consider the Hi-viz yellow if I had the money for that crazy expensive helmet.

EDIT: Okay, I just finished reading the thread. I admit it, I jealous of everyone that has a C3. I'd love one but for me, it's a want not a need.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #254
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,169
I had this exact experience with my C2 - it went away after not long and was perfect after. I guess my advice is keep wearing it until it molds to your contours.

I have not had the C3 out for more than a couple of hours yet so don't know if I'm going to get a repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azgsa View Post
Got the C3 last week and the SRC system last Friday and installed. The C3 fit in a medium seems to be good, not too snug and definitely not too loose. Sat and Sun went on a couple of ~280 mile rides each day and discovered after about 1.5hrs the front of the helmet was leaving an imprint on the top of my forehead area and started to get pretty painful. So about 3 times I tried to locate the hotspot best I could and press in the styrofoam a bit at that place and a little around it. It might be a bit better but I wont know until the next time out... Don't know if there's a best practice for this, I've never had this issue before in a helmet. After wearing it and really liking it (except for the hot sport of course), I am determined to resolve the issue so I can wear it in total comfort.

Any advice?
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #255
rschulte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
I have used the backside of a spoon directly on the offending spot before with success. Just rub the backside of the spoon directly on the "styrofoam" with some pressure and you can deform the "styrofoam" to some degree. Remove the liner before you start so you can see what you are doing. As long as you are not trying to displace a large amount of material, this should work fine. It has worked OK for me in the past.

Disclaimer - I'm sure this voids the warranty and puts you in grave danger...
rschulte is offline   Reply With Quote