Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #1516
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,982
Jen the leg is good enough to be doing all that kneeling and wrench turning!

I think we will be seeing photos for you on the bike sooner then we thought!
Go Jen!
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #1517
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,096
Thanks Art' - I even managed to load the rally bike onto my trailer this afternoon - it was a struggle mind you!

The strip down and clean up begins!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #1518
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

And following on from such - would anyone be interested in bidding if I put some the 'genuine ex-Dakar Rally' parts and memorabilia up for auction on ebay?

I really need to raise some funds if I am going to even contemplate entering 2012... sure it's not going to raise much, but every little helps (along with 2012 T-shirts and Buffs which will follow)...

I' m thinking side panels, fenders, maybe even my helmet... there is also the 'famous' left boot that was returned to me... but not the fairing, sorry x

Having your own piece of Dakar to hang on the wall of your garage might be pretty cool? or not... but hey, you'd be helping me out hugely!

Jx
Old 05-16-2011, 05:16 AM   #1519
tileman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Sucker us in with a great story , sell us some gear for a great price for our support, then extort us to continue your dream with us following !!!!!!!!

I'm in for more !!!!!!!

If possible have the auction go for a while and (I'm sorry about this with everything else going on) but can you also include some rough idea re shipping and what you would or wouldn't ship as OZ is kinda a long way away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
And following on from such - would anyone be interested in bidding if I put some the 'genuine ex-Dakar Rally' parts and memorabilia up for auction on ebay?

I really need to raise some funds if I am going to even contemplate entering 2012... sure it's not going to raise much, but every little helps (along with 2012 T-shirts and Buffs which will follow)...

I' m thinking side panels, fenders, maybe even my helmet... there is also the 'famous' left boot that was returned to me... but not the fairing, sorry x

Having your own piece of Dakar to hang on the wall of your garage might be pretty cool? or not... but hey, you'd be helping me out hugely!

Jx
Old 05-18-2011, 04:31 AM   #1520
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,737
Quote:
No, sorry, there are no Dakar junkies here on ADV.

I personally would like to have a bit of an actual Dakar route sheet. I could put it up on my office wall at work. Did you hang on to any of that?
Help support my racing addiction and look cool doing it! Buy a T-shirt or hat from the Dakar Dream Store
drc42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:38 AM   #1521
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 4,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post

I personally would like to have a bit of an actual Dakar route sheet. I could put it up on my office wall at work. Did you hang on to any of that?
now where did I put that piece I got from Jonah?
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #1522
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,881
Thumb

Quote:
And following on from such - would anyone be interested in bidding if I put some the 'genuine ex-Dakar Rally' parts and memorabilia up for auction on ebay? ...

Jx

Hey, Sure!

(Better hold off for a little while, though, Jen. It seems I've just bought a Chrysler 383 engine on eBay (replacement for the tired 5.9l in my truck) and have to get that paid for, shipped down from Ohio (costs less than the gas, one-way, to go up and get it!), assembled, and stuffed under the hood/bonnet. And it's Ridin' Weather !!! )
Old 05-24-2011, 07:41 AM   #1523
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post

Hee hee...

Sure did, I have the very roll from that fateful day! Infact it was very ominous to see the point at which I crashed was still in the roadbook when I picked the bike up from Patsy last month...

And here I was moments before it happened!

I will try and sort some out in frames, but before you ask, no, you're not getting kilometer 96...

Jx
Old 05-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #1524
Trang
... 2nd last to the Sweep

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:

Jx

"How did the crash happen?"

... well it was like this; I was just riding along, flat out across the desert, minding my own business, when i thought i'd just take a couple of photos, then suddenly ...

Old 05-25-2011, 02:41 AM   #1525
Cummo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
Definitely not lack of concentration then Jen.....the picture is great!
Cummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:17 AM   #1526
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskyte610e View Post
"How did the crash happen?"

... well it was like this; I was just riding along, flat out across the desert, minding my own business, when i thought i'd just take a couple of photos, then suddenly ...

Ho Ho... I knew some wag would say that...

If you look at the IMO, it's actually 1.52kms before the track junction/scene - so taken about a minute before I reckon... loads of time... to put the camera away, and adjust the ipod (I'm joking!)...

Jx
Old 05-27-2011, 04:46 AM   #1527
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,881
Talking So How 'Bout ...

Quote:
Hee hee...

Sure did, I have the very roll from that fateful day! Infact it was very ominous to see the point at which I crashed was still in the roadbook when I picked the bike up from Patsy last month...

I will try and sort some out in frames, but before you ask, no, you're not getting kilometer 96...

Jx
... the section from your over-the-bars header the day before?
Old 06-07-2011, 05:12 AM   #1528
Hillbilly501
Ultra n00b

Oddometer: 160
How goes the recovery?
Hillbilly501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:11 AM   #1529
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Hi Hillbilly (and everyone!) -

Yes, recovery is going well - seems the voodoo lazer doctor did the trick again and I've now been walking without crutches for the last few weeks... I even took my WR450 (spare bike) to the Isle of Man last weekend to ride a few trails (gently) and watch some of the TT race practice - awesome event!

I'm also planning on taking the Tenere rally bike for one last hurrah to the Spanish Pyrenees... I say last hurrah as I really have to sell some bikes if I'm going to get back to Dakar this January...

So, I'm looking for £4999 for my 2008 model Heroes-Legend Rally prepped Tenere (details elsewhere in this thread, of PM me for full spec if interested), and £5499 for the October 2010 model WR450F, which is as new, road registered and first valve service done (approx 500 miles).

That will cover my Dakar entry fee at least...

Jx

ps. DRC suggested some framed roadbook pages from this year's Dakar, and I happen to have found some aluminium effect frames at a good price that look very much like the view of the MD roadbook (see above photos)... I'll frame up a few, and list them on the JennyDakar.com website with a buy it now if anyone is interested? I'm thinking £30 signed, framed and posted anywhere in the world? - and perhaps with a package deal with a Buff / Wallet /Sunnies etc too?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #1530
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,074
Sounds good to me
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote