ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
Light_n_Fast
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
I've enjoyed all the pictures in this thread so thought I'd post a few since I rode through the area last weekend. Unfortunately I didn't hit any dirt on this ride, but it's always an adventure going 200+ miles on a sumo.

I took friday off of work because the weather was looking good. The plan was to ride over (from Portland) to Madras to visit a friend for the weekend and come back on Sunday. I could see that the sunday weather looked crappy but just tried to ignore it because friday looked so good.

I really hate stopping when I ride. For me it is all about being on the bike. I usually don't even bother to dismount when refueling. I don't end up taking many pictures.

Here's my bike all loaded up for the ride:

I rode from Portland out the gorge, following the Old Highway as much as possible. Here are a few pictures from Rowena Point:

There are a lot of wild sunflowers in bloom up there right now.

I turned south at Biggs Junction and then onto 206 toward Condon. I hadn't been on this road before and was surprised how many windmills are out there.

I've always really liked the hills when traveling south out of both The Dalles and Biggs.

From Condon I turned south to Fossil and then west toward Antelope. Here are a few shots from that great ride between Fossil and Antelope.

I didn't take any pictures coming back on Sunday. I was tired, it was raining, and it was very windy. Took the route north on 197 through Maupin and The Dalles to get home. Saw a lot of rally cars up near The Dalles. Made me .

Light_n_Fast screwed with this post 05-17-2011 at 01:32 PM
Light_n_Fast is offline   Reply With Quote