User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #46
juliaschrenkler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
subscribed

thanks for taking us all along! your wheels are good on this world.
juliaschrenkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #47
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach View Post
WWOP.

Place holder pics:

Radioman discusses his plans at the first ever PDX Flea Market, where he is selling off some excess gear in preparation for his trip.

To save misunderstanding, I should clarify that the assless chaps, and the Waxmaster did not belong to Radioman. They were brought by Inmates who, for obvious reasons, wish to remain nameless.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #48
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimersickle View Post

to save misunderstanding, i should clarify that the assless chaps, and the waxmaster did not belong to radioman. They were brought by inmates who, for obvious reasons, wish to remain nameless.
lol
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:19 AM   #49
2Vulcans
Let's go...

Oddometer: 165
global friends

...you'll have two new friends and a place to stop and rest in Australia (if you ever stop by here)...
Good Luck!
2Vulcans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #50
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,945
Time is getting near

As I continue to prepare many things are getting into place for this ride. I have just 7 days left of work.

Still have some planning issues, insurance, banking etc. to work out. Packing is almost done, just waiting till the weekend to actually move out of my master bedroom, and let one of the housemates move in to this room. And get the rest of my belongings out of the house.

Saturday had breakfast with my buddy John, whom we have been talking about part of my US rides. We had a great time looking over the maps.

We decided that we would combine a ride to Key west Florida allow us to try and catch the Last Space Shuttle Launch on July 8th!! Cool to have a plan. We should be heading out of Portland on June 25th ish and making our way across the south ......

John pointing out something we have to see along the way!

Back to the travel clinic to get my final round of shots....

These needles are looking huge!

Julie my nurse was great!! She has been telling her friends about this "adventurer" that has been getting his shots. He rides a Harley and kept wanting to know what kind of bike that I am riding!!

She wanted to know my blog site.... Radiomanridestheworld.com double posting from Advrider.

And Brad gladly taking my final Payment.

Just need the anti Malaria Pills (Doxycycline) and Travelers Diarrhea" Ciprofloxicin and Azithromycin

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430

Radioman screwed with this post 05-24-2011 at 06:35 AM
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #51
SprintST
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
I'm in for this one. Subscribed.

Hope to cross paths with you on the road at some juncture Radioman. Do you have a rough plan beyond Florida?
Old 05-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #52
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,751
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:00 PM   #53
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Oddometer: 833
I'm in....
Old 05-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #54
petefromberkeley
-

Oddometer: 3,286
All sounds good. I wouldn't buy that Doxycyclene until I was someplace I needed it though. It's not healthy or necessary to take that stuff if you aren't someplace that has Malaria. It's also 10X-100X cheaper to buy it someplace that has Malaria and you will not have been carrying it for a year (during which time the tablets will turn to dust in your luggage).

That being said, a broad spectrum antibiotic (like Doxy- but there may be a better one) is handy to take if you have no idea what is wrong with you and there are no doctors.

My Doc gave me some pain killers too. I have no idea what they were (and they turned to dust in my luggage) but if you end up too hurt to ride to a doctor, they might be handy.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #55
rcook52459
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
rcook52459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #56
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Thanks Pete. I agree, and was not planning on getting them until I got to South America.

No pain killers yet....Was thinking it might be good to have some along, even if they turn to dust! :)

Thanks for the input!

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by petefromberkeley View Post
All sounds good. I wouldn't buy that Doxycyclene until I was someplace I needed it though. It's not healthy or necessary to take that stuff if you aren't someplace that has Malaria. It's also 10X-100X cheaper to buy it someplace that has Malaria and you will not have been carrying it for a year (during which time the tablets will turn to dust in your luggage).

That being said, a broad spectrum antibiotic (like Doxy- but there may be a better one) is handy to take if you have no idea what is wrong with you and there are no doctors.

My Doc gave me some pain killers too. I have no idea what they were (and they turned to dust in my luggage) but if you end up too hurt to ride to a doctor, they might be handy.

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 05-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #57
petefromberkeley
-

Oddometer: 3,286
My own record on this stuff is not stellar. I never took antimalarials in my life untill I got to Africa. Never in South America (and I canoed from Peru to Bolivia) and never in my years in Asia. I finally, for the first time ever took them in Africa. I took docycycline and I got Malaria- YMMV .

If your pain killers turn to dust, I suppose you can always snort them. I hear they do it that way as a matter of course in Colombia.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #58
CamoGreg
Can you see me?

Oddometer: 3,754

Nice start, Mark!
See ya on the 3rd.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #59
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Just 5 days left of work, and was talking with my boss as they are fading me out and my replacement In. It is a commissioned Sales job where you are on the phone all day..... So my role is coming to an end.

She was right there as I put my feet up, and said "guess I will not have much to do" and took this photo. She said, "maybe i'll have to bring you a beer"

Life is good, but it will slow down the last days of work as I like being productive!

Old 05-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #60
gremor
RS'er

Oddometer: 884
In

But I've matured. Now I'd make sure I was drunk before I tried to fuck a snake"..........Bueller
gremor is offline   Reply With Quote