ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2005, 07:05 AM   #1
todd900ss OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Any body riding this weekend?

I have found myself with the weedend off on short notice, And I have no plans made. Any body planing on a ride this weekend in the Ga, NC, TN area?
todd900ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:00 PM   #2
todd900ss OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Come on guys, I know someone is riding this weekend. I have three days to
ride & I don't want to waste them.

I'll buy the beer at the end of the day!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,034
Todd, Mike B and I are heading for rural WV foor some riding and drinking! (Not at the same time)

You are welcome to join us, though it is a bit out of your way.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:13 PM   #4
Durin S Day
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd900ss
I have found myself with the weedend off on short notice, And I have no plans made. Any body planing on a ride this weekend in the Ga, NC, TN area?
I had planned on heading up to the Pisgah area this weekend. Most likely Saturday. Trying to get some folks from work to ride with me. Want to try some of the roads off 276.
Durin S Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:49 PM   #5
todd900ss OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Jim, what part of WV? Durin, Are you saying over night? If so the Blue ridge motorcycle campground would be a great place to stay, if you like to tent camp.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:08 PM   #6
Durin S Day
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Jim, what part of WV? Durin, Are you saying over night? If so the Blue ridge motorcycle campground would be a great place to stay, if you like to tent camp.
Had not planned on staying over night. Just a day trip up. 1 just spent the last week at The Beach(that's Myrtle Beach to those not in the know). 2 don't have a tent. 3 don't have luggage on the V-Strom yet. I've yet to even figure out how to get my new two piece rain suit to fit under the seat...

Durin
Durin S Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:26 PM   #7
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,034
Quote:
Not sure if you meant me, too many damned Jim's! But, we will be playing mostly by ear. I think Mike mentioned Seneca Rocks, and maybe someplace like Davis?

The plan is to ride till we find a place that looks like it has a good redneck bar and a nearby hotel, and that will be our destination. Both Saturday and Sunday night if the weather holds.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:31 AM   #8
todd900ss OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Jim, It's a long way for me to come, but I might just do it. Keep me updated.
Thanks, Todd
Old 06-29-2005, 10:55 AM   #9
Pengaleng
Hellbilly Peckerwood

Oddometer: 3,519
Todd900ss

You might want to check out this: >>>

July 8, 9 & 10th - Club Ride - Camp, Ride and Club Meeting – North Georgia!

The objective of this ride is three fold! This is a weekend ride that combines camping at TWO, two club rides, a Club Meeting and plenty of fun (and food)!

Dates to plan on! General scheme of things!

Camping at TWO Friday, July 8th – For those wanting to camp the weekend!

Ride out of TWO on Saturday, July 9th – for a 300 mile loop ride – details to follow.

Camp at TWO on Saturday, July 9th - Those not wanting to camp might want to stay for dinner!

Sunday morning, breakfast at TWO – ride over to Vogel State Park for the Club meeting at 10:00am – Sunday, July 10th.

After the club meeting, lunch at Vogel (11.00AM) - then begin the 95 mile loop ride departing out of Vogel
Those not interested in camping might want to consider reserving a room or trailer at TWO. The Saturday loop ride will depart TWO at 9:30am – this will allow time for members wanting to go on the Saturday ride to get up early (while it is cool) and ride up to TWO for the Saturday ride!

Saturday Ride Description

The pace for this ride will be moderate. The total distance of the loop is approximately 300 miles of mostly back mountain roads with plenty of sweepers and twisties! This is going to be an ALL DAY ride! There are some logical “peel off” places for those not wanting to make the entire ride. Franklin, NC is one such place that would reduce the ride distance to about 250 miles.

For detailed instructions and turn by turn description of this loop click this link and print the page: http://home.mchsi.com/~whaycock/mypage/satloop.html

For people who want to ride their own ride and meet up with the club along the way, please download this "Gathering Points" document.

Sunday Ride Description

This is a 95 mile loop departing out of Vogel State park after the Sunday, July 10th Club Meeting.

For detailed instructions and turn by turn description of this loop click this link and print the page: http://home.mchsi.com/~whaycock/mypage/sundayloop.html

Rendezvous Locations and Times

Camping at TWO on Friday, July 8th – Arrive at your own schedule – check to see where other club members are camped – I will be there early Friday and stake out an area! Dinner at TWO Friday night.

Saturday, July 9th ride – Ride departs TWO at 9:30am – Breakfast is served at TWO on Saturday morning.

Saturday lunch at the "Sweet Water BBQ" in Robbinsville, NC - as you come off the Cherohala Skyway (hwy 143) you will intersect US 129. Turn right onto US 129 and travel 1.5 miles into Robbinsville. At the red light (hwy 143) turn left and travel .3 miles to the Sweet Water BBQ on your right. Phone 828-479-6862

GPS Coordinates are: N35 19523 W83 47.870

Saturday night – Dinner at TWO.

Sunday morning – Breakfast at TWO – ride to Vogel State park for 10:00am meeting.

Lunch at Vogel after the club meeting - around 12 noon

Ninety five mile loop ride departs Vogel State Park after the club meeting and lunch.

Ride Leaders Contact Information

Bill Haycock, Email: whaycock@mchsi.com
Home Phone: 706-568-9039
Cell Phone: 706-580-0100