ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
dualbert OP
I'm not like the "others"

Oddometer: 86
N Ga roads - Ravencliff FAA and Tallulah river

Hey inmates....

I have found a few roads on google maps. The general order in how they link up are as follows... Just Past mineral Bluff Ga Left onto Cut Cane rd....Rt onto Valley Lake Rd....Lt onto Valley Lake Ln....Rt onto Mull Ln....Rt onto Mull Rd....Lt onto Cook Henry....LT onto Loving Rd...Lt onto Nottley Dam Rd...Rt onto 129... LT onto GumLog Rd

Here is the big mystery.... Rt onto US FAA rd, "Ravencliff" is this soloable on a DR650 mildly bagged? Looks a little hairy and would like to know if it is open? after it is Ivy Log Gap to Byers Creek and then into YoungHarris, ga.

Run slab to Upper Hightower Rd and take LT. Looks to wind a bit and then take RT on Charlies Creek Rd....Rt onto Tallulah River Rd.....LT onto Persimmon... Rt onto Mellia Keener.... Lt onto Persimmon Creek....

to another hairy looking mystery...Devils Branch rd which flows into Germany Rd and drops off in downtown Clayton.
dualbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
judobiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
Big Hairy Mysteries

I can't speak to all of them, but Devils Branch road that turns into Germany is an easy paved road. When slabbing it up 76 from Young Harris, I would recommend taking Popcorn for your left turn as it has some interesting creek crossings and stuff. You can still end up over at Tallulah River Road from there. Let us know how it goes...
judobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
dualbert OP
I'm not like the "others"

Oddometer: 86
creek crossings

thanks. Ill look it up. Do you happen to know how many creek crossings are on the Tallula and Charlies creek? Im starting in Chattanooga and ending up in Wahalla, SC. Will take Warwoman to 28 and on down, a truly pleasant rd.

RavenCliff FAA goes into YoungHarris. Thanks again.
-bert
dualbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
mxcr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualbert View Post
thanks. Ill look it up. Do you happen to know how many creek crossings are on the Tallula and Charlies creek? Im starting in Chattanooga and ending up in Wahalla, SC. Will take Warwoman to 28 and on down, a truly pleasant rd.

RavenCliff FAA goes into YoungHarris. Thanks again.
-bert
There are two creek crossings on the Charlies Creek Rd. They're about 10 to 15 ft wide and not very deep in dry weather. You'll have to cross Tallulah River when you get to it. It's about a 150ft crossing and probably 18 inches or so , deep.
mxcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #5
brownie2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
FAA rd is an easy gravel rd.
Charlies Crk is the roughest I recognize on you list. I followed
a DR650 through there recently and he made it look easy.
PM me for more details.
brownie2 is offline   Reply With Quote