Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #781
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgsrider View Post
I am looking for a shield and read some of what you'll said... I am wondering those who have tried different shields along with the Aeroflow... which shield he/she thinks is the best out of all shield have tested. I am looking into getting an Aeroflow shield and wondering if those who have tried diff shields and the Aeroflow if think the Aeroflow has been best... no off road but mostly touring.

Thanks in advance.
The aeroflow is very good in terms of protection.
I do a little offroad, so I went with an adjustable madstad.

inmate-n00b screwed with this post 05-28-2011 at 06:52 PM
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #782
bmwgsrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
The aeroflow is very good in terms of protection.
I do a little offroad, so I went with an adjustable madstad.
Thanks.
bmwgsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #783
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,572
zTechnik here... 2nd tallest. I'm 6'2" 32"-34" inseam, stock seat. It's still a bit short. I'm a bit disappointed in the results given the fact that I cannot return the shield and it was expensive.

I should've gone with the taller one but my dealer didn't carry it :(
Old 06-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #784
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,112
Is there anybody other than Madstad that lets you just send it back if you don't like it?

CE Bailey advertises "test centers" but I called the one in SC and they have no inventory, and if they order one for me the expectation is I will buy it....
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #785
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,715
If a factory advertised test center has no inventory, I'd contact the company and tell them they need to new test center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
Is there anybody other than Madstad that lets you just send it back if you don't like it?

CE Bailey advertises "test centers" but I called the one in SC and they have no inventory, and if they order one for me the expectation is I will buy it....
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #786
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
That would be too much like customer service... something that still seems lost of most companies today.

After buying the required mirror extensions (which STUPIDLY are sold separately), my vStream windshield was $300. I would be happy to pay $300 for it if it was exactly what I wanted. It is not :(

The dealership has a no returns policy, so I'm stuck with an expensive windshield that is really not much better than stock.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #787
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Aeroflow

Aeroflow kinda does.
Really it's an exchange:
Quote:
AeroFlow's "Right Height Guarantee"
With so many factors, such as height, weight, inseam, seat, bars and even riding posture, to consider, determining the correct windscreen height is sometimes challenging. One size does not fit all. We want to help eliminate costly mistakes if your screen is not the right height. When purchasing your F650GS/F800GS AeroScreen, we'll provide height recommendations based on our tester input and ask you to measure the heights available. Together, we'll determine which height may be best for you. If you order based on our guidelines, and the height ends up being too short or too tall, we'll exchange it without a restock fee and even pay for shipping the exchanged screen to you. Buyer must contact us within 7 days of receipt to receive a Right Height Guarantee Exchange Number (GEN).
Old 06-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #788
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Guess I should've bought an AeroFlow :(
Old 06-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #789
vuganeja
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
TT smoked windshield on a 2009 F650GS twin

Cross posted on the 658 windshield thread...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=33
vuganeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:22 AM   #790
Tor
Native Viking

Oddometer: 801
We both (wife and I) have use Madstad screens. She's using an 18" and I'm using a 20". We both love them. A little hard to adjust, but once you find the sweet spots, you tend to leave it there. No complaints.

2005 Honda ST1300 / 2010 BMW F800 Gelände-Straße
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #791
DonHS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
I had the madstad on mine until I put the HDB guards on - they unfortunately hit the shield solidly either direction so the madstad had to go (of the two, definitely prefer the handguards!). Just looking for what will work now with these particular handguards[/QUOTE]

Hey Numb. I too have the HDB guards. Madstad website mentions they have modified their screen to work with handguards though they are not specific as to which brands. Was the screen you had issues with one of newer narrow versions or the previous wider ones?

Thanks ahead.
DonHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #792
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHS View Post
I had the madstad on mine until I put the HDB guards on - they unfortunately hit the shield solidly either direction so the madstad had to go (of the two, definitely prefer the handguards!). Just looking for what will work now with these particular handguards

have you tried moving the brackets so the screen is further forward? in other words, increase the gap between the flyscreen and the windshield.

inmate-n00b screwed with this post 06-19-2011 at 06:46 PM
Old 06-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #793
DonHS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
OMG

I have yet to buy the Madstad. Emailed them RE compatibility but no reply. Anyone out there successfully using HBD guards with the Madstad?

DonHS screwed with this post 06-20-2011 at 08:53 AM
DonHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #794
LilDirtRat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
not a great shot of the screen, but here's my (XL) Aeroflow.. second tallest with the winglet thingies. I'm 6'3", and if it weren't for the little sun visor on my Shoei, I'd be perfectly happy.. I <3 'Flow, but the screen is for sale in the flea market.. The only downside of these screens IMHO is the price tag, and unfortunately at the moment, I need some of that back ;D
Attached Images

LilDirtRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #795
rony05
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
To Mirage 2 owners: they say on their web side:
The OEM instruments are relocated onto the dash, which also incorporates a platform to mount a GPS in the ideal 'head up display' position above the main instrument. If not required, the GPS platform can be cut off altogether, as it does not form a part of the structure.

can anyone explain what it mean? i am not sure which part can be cut off. is it the empty part above instruments? if so does it come already cut of you must do it?

thanks
rony05 is offline   Reply With Quote