Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #181
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Very cool! might be to nice to ride?
It hasnt run since 1991,has good compression and spark.
I havent made an effort to start it since Ive had it.
It does look neat sitting there though.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:53 AM   #182
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,194
So..... Woke up at 4:30 am to the sound of pouring rain and contemplated rolling over and going back to sleep but this is MX and we go regardless. Woke up Jr. and we were in the car and gone by 5 heading up rt 84 in the rain.

Arrived at the track and because this is a sandy track it really didn't look to bad, it's not Southwick sand but seemed to drain real well and doesn't get that slick.
Signed up for two classes, +30 Vintage 1980's as well as the vintage 80's 125 GP which is run with all the 125's together.

Practice was going ok, I went out in the first vintage practice and just tried to get comfortable and remember the track, when they flagged us off I got right in back of one of my friends bikes and went right back out so was able to get a full 1/2 hr of riding time in and was statred to feel real comfortable and I felt very fast, Honda was running great and no problems so far. I headed in for some water and got set for the next practice session.

I headed out again and the track was really starting to shape up, the rain in the morning had soaked the track and the conditions were perfect, aside from some wet area's wich rutted up the traction was unbielevable! At this point I was doing all the jumps and feeling totally confident until my bike died as I came down the start straight and it sounded like I put the Jake brake on in my old Freightliner...FK!! Must have blown the head gasket again? I pushed the bike off the track and looked down at the motor and the spark plug was lying by the side of the head still connected to the wire, I checked everytrhing but the plug i guess and luckily it had vibrated out and not stripped the head. I screwed it back in in the pits and tighten it this time and was ready for the first moto.
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #183
pvangel OP
Team AARP

First moto of the day was +30 which ran with the+40 evo class which my friends ride in so we all lined up together in. I got a good start and was probably 4th or 5th and coming into the first corner my friend Barney and I tried for the same spot in the berm but he was to the inside of me so really had the line and he punted me over the berm, the berm was so high that I got stuck on it and had to get off my bike to lift it off and then get going in just about last. I put my head down and rode as fast as I could and past about 10 people until I saw Barney which gave me a second wind and was able to catch and pass him. I then saw one of the other guys a battle with and set out to catch him but ran out of time as it was the last lap and I finished ten bikes in back of him for third in my class.

Second Moto was the 125 GP and I got a great start, I was in second into the second corner but I went to far inside and got sucked into the mud and then into some small ponding areas so I lost 3-4 positions trying to get back on the track. My brother and I were the only one's on 1989 machines in this moto and although we were scored seperatly I finished 5th overall against the modern bikes but 1st in my class. There was 18 guys in the moto and I beat two of my friends in there modern 125's so was super pumped with my performance!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #184
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Second + 30 moto and I got an unbielevable start, the only one in front of my was a guy on a KX 500 and he and I gapped the whole field, I just kept him in my sights until I saw him bobble in a corner at which point I was on him again but really couldn't catch him as that 500 just gobbled up the sand. But I got first in my class and second overall in the moto whic I think there was about 20 guys.

Second GP moto and I again got a great start and was running about 4th until one of the guys, Loyd I battle with caught me and passed my and the fight was on! we traded lines and were bar to bar for the next four laps, he went inside and I went outside, side by side down the straight aways and all the while we were trading paint I could see my friend Lawton gaining on us on his modern 125 so the pressure was on! Loyd beat me at the finish and Lawton was right behind me. Best race of the day! I finished 1st in my class and fifth overall for the moto.

4:30 in the afternoon and we were done, a cold silver can for medicinal purposes some bench racing load and go home. Whats better than that?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #185
pvangel OP
Team AARP

New topend, $150
Gas in truck $75
Race gas $40
gate fees$20
Entry fees $90
Food $30

2 $8.00 trophies....priceless

Old 06-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #186
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Some vintage mx fun in the rain!

Old 06-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #187
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,799
Sweet I should have my new front wheel bearings for the KTM on Thursday so Ill be in touch about truing up the rims soon. Can you take a guest to that CT track?
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #188
pvangel OP
Team AARP

KTM is gone...This followed me home tonight, 04 CR125

Old 06-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #189
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Sweet I should have my new front wheel bearings for the KTM on Thursday so Ill be in touch about truing up the rims soon. Can you take a guest to that CT track?
No guests at the super seceret test facility you are talking about but we could go to Rocky Hill Ct which is a great place to ride.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #190
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,997
Quote:
KTM is gone...This followed me home tonight, 04 CR125

Have you always been this much of a bike slut or are you just getting fickle in middle age?
Old 06-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #191
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:
No guests at the super seceret test facility you are talking about but we could go to Rocky Hill Ct which is a great place to ride.

yeah anywhere im not gonna get arrested and decent medical facilities are near by
Old 06-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #192
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Have you always been this much of a bike slut or are you just getting fickle in middle age?

No, I'm a bike slut.....
Old 06-15-2011, 04:43 AM   #193
rick danger
Off the wagon

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Very cool! might be to nice to ride?
Absolutley!

rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #194
pvangel OP
Team AARP

In every picture of me my head is down, in MX like any other sport the key to speed is to be looking ahead and I constantly remind myself this but in every picture I am looking down instead of forward....I gotta work on that....
Old 06-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #195
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

your also in the air in every shot