Tbone
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,238
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #32
KZJohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
I ran into a guy at Corona Motorsports, pulled in behind me, had a Knight framed XR600 flat tracker i the back of his truck. He said he was on his way up to Victorville. I was thinking to myself " Damn! that looks like fun.

I started puting my old CR250 back together today. Is there a class that would fit into? Maybe I can find a second set of wheels to put the flat track tires on.

Hey Jeff, I live in the same hood as you, if you need any help let me know. I do know what end of a screwdriver to use........most of the time
Team Hammernutrition/T&S Motorsports
KZJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #33
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,186
Check out perrisflattrack.com. That is the regular series around here....open novice is the class to start in...no more knobbies on rear tires allowed..if you got a 19" rear rubber is ez to find goodyear and maxxis dirt track tires...i am working on getting a real wheel set. When I do I may be heading to perris to play around. They have a lot of practice dates.
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #34
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

Also check out the forums on flattrack.com
Old 06-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #35
barnyard
Verbal tactician

Oddometer: 10,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
you asked for it

That is the drawing we use for the Paul Bunyan Forest Riders.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #36
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

August 27th the Junkyard KLX returns to roundy round racing at Costa Mesa Speedway to do battle on the world famous bullring of a short track...keep your eyes peeled for a report to follow

It is a very run what ya brung event...I think I will run the open Novice and Vintage (if they let me) classes. it will be a butt load of track time if i run all the practice seasons than two heats for each class and one main for each..i better eat my wheaties.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #37
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnyard View Post
That is the drawing we use for the Paul Bunyan Forest Riders.

man i should ride with you guys some time..i would fit right in .....maybe be a mascot or something
Old 07-31-2011, 07:06 AM   #38
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

Wow what a dissapointing day yesterday.. last minute we rounded up some flat track guys to go ride victorville because they could squezze us in with the speedway program .i woke up at the crack of dawn got the bike re jetted and re geared...getting ready to roll out to the track and get a message the track is flooded

even though it was hot and sunny in my neck of the woods i guess a massive down pour came threw the high desert..made the track a swimming pool and the track lost power.

oh well the mighty 250 will return to the dirt ova lnext weekend.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:08 AM   #39
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

what a terrible night last saturday of basically non racing..i show up early because after speaking to a few riders who confirmed they where gonna be there we decided to show early and suit up so we could get a practice in and not interfere with the nights speedway program from starting on time...wellllllllll......... NONE i repeat NONE of them showed the promoter even had us in the printed program...total BS......I have been helping the promoter spread the word that all flat trackers are welcome and this happens after confirmations...totally not acceptable...stuff like this will eventually mean we wont be welcome anymore

I was ready to go home when the promoter decided i would have a "exhibition" race with a young gal that is still riding the kids bikes (80cc) and getting ready to move up to a Junior 250 speedway bike....of course they line us up in our first race and i just putt around make one pass let her pass back and have a " Drag Race" to the finish.

second time up i start on the back stretch and of course she wins again

for our main we line up side by side but i am one lap down and i'll be damned if she didnt beat me again the crowd seemed to really like that one.

i was mad none of the racers showed but glad the fans got a kick out of our match races and she got to get some extra track time before she moves up to the big kids bikes.

anything that helps the future of motorcycle racing is cool by me.i usually sponsor a few kids races at the speedway "Gumball Rally" every year..its a good feeling to help our future advance in the sport.

anyways here is the new pipe

Old 08-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #40
Andyvh1959
Cheesehead Klompen

Oddometer: 606
Nuts, all this get me thinking I should still chase that old dream of doing some kind of racing, even if I'm starting in the back row and 54 years old. But, I have always LOVED flat-track racing. Grew up reading cycle mags which, back then, had monthly stories about the pros like Nixon, Springer, Aldana, Markel, Romero.

I have a 80 Suzuki GN400 ice-track bike that I have set up now with dual-sport street tires that I bet would work for dirt-track quite well. Maybe I gotta chase that dream yet, somebody has to be the back marker!

Andyvh1959 screwed with this post 08-15-2012 at 07:19 AM
Andyvh1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #41
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

Andy .. due it man it is fun sign up for a novice class or what ever the bottom wrung is..it will be fun...the GN is not a bad bike at all

in Sept. and Nov. I am racing in a Hooligan Derby event..It is a real run what ya brung type of event..there will be old enduros, street bikes, choppers, you name it somebody will probably be racing it. and there will plenty of refreshments flowing afterwards

I think next year I am gonna stick to mainly the run what ya brung,hooligan,junkyard type events that are ran for just the fun of it. Because thats prety much the only reason I "race" anymore just to have a good time.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #42
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

Only two more rounds this year....if it has a motor and two wheel BRING IT OUT !!
and be sure to stop by Iron & Resin's shop to thank them for such a great event and maybe pick something up there to show your support.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #43
kirk69er
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 433
now that's "grass" roots racin' at it's finest baby...

"anything that helps the future of motorcycle racing is cool by me"
me to man.
kk#38k
vintage
kirk69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #44
JeffS77 OP
cheap bastard

This weekend

Old 08-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #45
kirk69er
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 433
gotta love it.. ..aint caught on here in the midwest yet..

..have fun~
kk#38k
kirk69er is offline   Reply With Quote