User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #76
SportyMark
DR rider....

Oddometer: 100
Wicked Just ordered mine

been looking for one for awhile...like the concept!

Mark Bench
SportyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #77
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
New products and prices

Here's whats new with us.

We are now an official dealer for Ballistic Batteries! These use the same ultra-high quality A123 cells as the Sycl battery packs, but come sealed in a special case with a special balance charger plug. These batteries have an amazing longevity without an external charger, but when used with the EVO2 Battery Management System Professional Intelligent Digital Balance Charger these batteries could outlast your bike...!

For more information on Ballistic Batteries and this new charging system go here:

http://www.ballisticparts.com/index.html

and check out the battery application chart for the right battery for your needs.

http://www.ballisticparts.com/tech/b...pplication.php

And best of all, with the ADVRIDER coupon below you will have the lowest price available.

ADVRIDER000000000001

Old 07-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #78
luso
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
I wonder how this will work on a Buell Ulysses,as the fan comes on after shutdown,around 30 to 60 seconds on high and maybe 2 minutes on low.Will it be able to hold charge and start the bike after?......
luso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #79
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by luso View Post
I wonder how this will work on a Buell Ulysses,as the fan comes on after shutdown,around 30 to 60 seconds on high and maybe 2 minutes on low.Will it be able to hold charge and start the bike after?......
We installed a 6.9Ah on a Buell Firebolt. Same type of fan. Battery has no problem with 2 minutes of fan running. It fit in the space in front of the old battery box. We still have them in stock, but the Ballistic 12 cell is the same set up so we may discontinue the Sycl 12 cell 6.9, ... the Ballistic is just slightly larger than the Sycl because of the plastic case.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:32 AM   #80
luso
Adventurer

The 6.9 is the one I'm looking at,with the hard case.My biggest concern is reliability,as i use this bike for long trips cross country.
My plan is to actually move the battery inside the airbox so I can open up the battery tray under the seat to help the hot air escape after the fan.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #81
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
The 6.9 is the one I'm looking at,with the hard case.My biggest concern is reliability,as i use this bike for long trips cross country.
My plan is to actually move the battery inside the airbox so I can open up the battery tray under the seat to help the hot air escape after the fan.

The new Ballistic Batteries are unbelievable. That's why I've become a dealer. I was just looking for a way to develop a super strong water tight case and found these. They now come with a balance charger plug and I will be selling the special balance chargers. Since they will hold their voltage for up to a year, these chargers are just for maintaining perfect cell voltage. (Theoretical lifespan of over 10 years for a battery when the cells are balanced.)

As long as you have no parasitic drain (other than the fan coming on for a few minutes) I would not hesitate to go on a RTW trip with one.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #82
luso
Adventurer

After shutting down bike the only think on will be the fan..........I dont really use to many gadgets,only GPS when looking for something in particular and cell charger.
Do you have them in stock and how long to get them in NJ 07029 after ordering?
Do you have the 2 cables to connect to the old ones in stock ?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #83
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
After shutting down bike the only think on will be the fan..........I dont really use to many gadgets,only GPS when looking for something in particular and cell charger.
Do you have them in stock and how long to get them in NJ 07029 after ordering?
Do you have the 2 cables to connect to the old ones in stock ?
I have both the Sycl 6.9 and the 12 Cell Ballistic in stock right now. I can ship today, guessing that for NJ most likely be there by Monday at the latest. Possibly sooner. I have the 6" cables with the quick disconnects, but your existing cables will connect directly to either. If you need an extension cable for your relocation, we can make these in any length you want too. They can be standard terminal lugs at each end. We use 6AWG welding grade cable for those. It takes a couple of extra days if you want the cable shipped.

Here's the complete product selection so you can see. Just send a note with your order on the length you would need.

http://shop.testsycl.com/main.sc
Old 07-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #84
luso
Adventurer

So the Ballistic comes with no cables?.........if i just purchase the 3 ft cables they would hook on the battery and to my cables?....or I need 2 set of cables if i want to relocate and use the Ballistic battery?.........sorry for all the questions.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #85
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
So the Ballistic comes with no cables?.........if i just purchase the 3 ft cables they would hook on the battery and to my cables?....or I need 2 set of cables if i want to relocate and use the Ballistic battery?.........sorry for all the questions.

No problem. All the batteries come with connections to a OEM battery box set up. Plug and play. For an extension you can add just the length you need and bolt up using the lugs and connect or you can replace the entire cable where it connects to your main connection. 3 ft cable would work and you only would need one with lugs on both ends.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #86
luso
Adventurer

Yes,I would like to only have the minimum connections possible.....so I can order with 2ft or 3ft cables that would hook to the battery and directly to the bike cables?
Old 07-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #87
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Yes,I would like to only have the minimum connections possible.....so I can order with 2ft or 3ft cables that would hook to the battery and directly to the bike cables?

Yes, if you want to keep it simple and not tear the bike down, I would send the cables with bolts and heat shrink to connect cable to cable... You would just need to figure out the length. 2 ft. or less is not a problem. Just leave a comment on the order and we will make it so.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #88
MasterChief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet View Post
Here's whats new with us.

We are now an official dealer for Ballistic Batteries! These use the same ultra-high quality A123 cells as the Sycl battery packs, but come sealed in a special case with a special balance charger plug. These batteries have an amazing longevity without an external charger, but when used with the EVO2 Battery Management System Professional Intelligent Digital Balance Charger these batteries could outlast your bike...!

For more information on Ballistic Batteries and this new charging system go here:

http://www.ballisticparts.com/index.html

and check out the battery application chart for the right battery for your needs.

http://www.ballisticparts.com/tech/b...pplication.php

And best of all, with the ADVRIDER coupon below you will have the lowest price available.

ADVRIDER000000000001
I'm interested in a Ballistic Battery for a 2008 Husky TE610. The website only lists the TE610 for 2000-2001. Which battery would you reccommend?
Old 07-21-2011, 06:33 AM   #89
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
I'm interested in a Ballistic Battery for a 2008 Husky TE610. The website only lists the TE610 for 2000-2001. Which battery would you reccommend?
I would go with the 8 cell Ballistic most definitely.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #90
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet View Post
I would go with the 8 cell Ballistic most definitely.

I don't see the weights listed for the Ballistic batteries. What does the 8 cell weigh?
Johnf3 is offline   Reply With Quote