User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
Hurricane
Flying Fool

Oddometer: 77
Thumb

Good report and pix.What happened to your fuel cap vent tube ? If its missing ya need to slap a hose on it and thread it down the triple tree. Boy that fuel in the face can ruin your whole day and any one who has ever rode a bike has got some either filling up or uncapping.Good stuff.Keep it coming.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #17
Craig McCurdy
BIGMAC

Oddometer: 1,430
Not bad for a first RR!!! Keep them coming....

I went for my first motorcycle rides in the mountains above Ojai sitting on the gas tank in front of my Dad on his Honda 350 Scrambler. Grew up around all kinds of bikes as a kid. This is me summer of "68" at home in Ojai.
Craig McCurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #18
nukemm OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Good report and pix.What happened to your fuel cap vent tube ? If its missing ya need to slap a hose on it and thread it down the triple tree. Boy that fuel in the face can ruin your whole day and any one who has ever rode a bike has got some either filling up or uncapping.Good stuff.Keep it coming.

It actually looks like someone cut the bottom of the fuel cap off, or perhaps the vapors have eaten it away. Either way, it just isn't there! I've actually got a new cap on order, and if that doesn't fix the problem I'll try the fuel tube up through the triple tree.
nukemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #19
nukemm OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig McCurdy View Post
Not bad for a first RR!!! Keep them coming....

I went for my first motorcycle rides in the mountains above Ojai sitting on the gas tank in front of my Dad on his Honda 350 Scrambler. Grew up around all kinds of bikes as a kid. This is me summer of "68" at home in Ojai.
Sweet! Must be a thing with young boys, my son hops up on my bike and makes motorcycle sounds whenever we go out to the garage.
nukemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #20
Crusier Dude
pavement inspecter

Oddometer: 304
Great first RR

Hey nukemm,

Nice report, I was stationed in San Diego for 9 years starting in 1972 through 1981 in the Navy. I also have a DRZ400S that looks just like yours. It is a 2007 with 2600 miles and never ridin off the road till I got it. I sure like how much you did with such a small amount of gear.

I am hoping to get out more, soon but have had sickness and death's in my family so I have to take care of that first.

Hope to see another RR from you as I can relate to the highway traffic you must have gone through to get to your camping area. I had a Uncle now deceased that lived in El Monte Ca. that we used to go visit down there.

Thanks again for sharing your ride, I hope to get a report in soon myself.

I have six motorcycles and one four wheeler but haven't had a good oppertunity to use any of them in the past two years.

Hopefully my luck and life will change for the better real soon.

We have a ton of GREAT riding up here in Idaho. If you should ever want to come up here I live in Boise and could show you around.

Les in Boise.
Crusier Dude is offline   Reply With Quote