ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #61
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Folsom, California
Oddometer: 3,564
Thanks fellas!
I think you will be happy with your purchase!
__________________
You can't go backward if you are facing the right direction
Grok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #62
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Cloverdale
Oddometer: 1,187
Any idea on the price difference between the 2 and 4 cylinder version?
I need to decide which one to go for.

Thanks
__________________
HP2 Sport, R1200S, R100S, KTM 640 Adventure, KTM 520 EXC/Motard, Yamaha RZ350, Hodaka 125 Wombat
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:03 AM   #63
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Folsom, California
Oddometer: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Any idea on the price difference between the 2 and 4 cylinder version?
I need to decide which one to go for.

Thanks
It's too early to nail it down. 4-cylinder version will likely be somewhere in the $175 ballpark. I'm trying to make it lower, but I can't commit to a price just yet!
__________________
You can't go backward if you are facing the right direction
Grok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #64
BluByU
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BluByU's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Lost in America
Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
Thanks for the feedback!
I didn't know there was a used Twinmax market
There isn't anymore
BluByU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #65
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...
 
Dallara's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: South Texas
Oddometer: 1,760
Laugh CBX's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post

It's too early to nail it down. 4-cylinder version will likely be somewhere in the $175 ballpark. I'm trying to make it lower, but I can't commit to a price just yet!


And the six-cylinder version for folks with vintage Honda CBX's?

Dallara



~
__________________
~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #66
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Folsom, California
Oddometer: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
And the six-cylinder version for folks with vintage Honda CBX's?

Dallara
~
I actually thought about a six cylinder version for a couple of seconds. CBX, Valkyrie, and some older Porsches were the only few applications I could think of. Not much of a market there.

I also thought about a modular approach where ports could be added to a base unit. But it got complicated quickly and caused the costs to go up too much.

There was a fellow in Sweden that tuned a 12 cylinder Jaguar (4 Stromberg carbs) using the Harmonizer in a very inventive way. I think I might do a video tuning a Valkyrie with the Harmonizer at some point.
__________________
You can't go backward if you are facing the right direction
Grok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:42 AM   #67
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...
 
Dallara's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: South Texas
Oddometer: 1,760
Thumb Multi-Multi's...

~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post

I actually thought about a six cylinder version for a couple of seconds. CBX, Valkyrie, and some older Porsches were the only few applications I could think of. Not much of a market there.

I also thought about a modular approach where ports could be added to a base unit. But it got complicated quickly and caused the costs to go up too much.

There was a fellow in Sweden that tuned a 12 cylinder Jaguar (4 Stromberg carbs) using the Harmonizer in a very inventive way. I think I might do a video tuning a Valkyrie with the Harmonizer at some point.


I think you know I was kidding, Grok...

But you know, it's funny you mentioning that 12-cylinder Jaguar. Back in the early '80s we used to actually synch the Weber sidedraft carbs on a 1973 Ferrari 365 GTC/4...





Using three sets of inline-four rack vacuum gauges hung on the back edge of the hood (it hinges forward). We calibrated all 12 individual gauges as best we could from a know vacuum source, making reference marks on each one, and then hooked 'em all up and went to work. Actually, it worked wonderfully, even if it did look rather like spaghetti with all those hoses hanging all over the place...

Thanks for bringing back the memory!

Dallara



~
__________________
~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #68
Railbender
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NW PA
Oddometer: 1,017
Cry Problems

I was using the Harmonizer on my Ural Patrol this afternoon, I had done it a week ago with my Twinmax but wanted to fine tune it. OK I wanted to play with my new toy. Everything was close, as expected. Adjusted idle and off idle with no problems. Went back to fine tune idle speed and suddenly the display went to -155 mbar and no RPMs. Disconnected the hoses, they are clear and no leaks as they hold oral applied pressure. Reconnected and let it zero, all it does is read 000 mbar. Tried it on my R1100R, which I did with the Harmonizer on Saturday, with the same results, 000 mbar.

__________________
The shortest distance between two points is boring.
Railbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #69
johnjen
I've Been Resigned
 
johnjen's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 15,586
That is called infant mortality, and refers to a component dying during the first 2-3 weeks of use ().

It happens, thankfully, rarely.

JJ
__________________
The hidden harmony is found with joy, while the obvious brings indifference.
The farther you enter into the Truth the deeper your conviction for truth must be.
There is understanding of the world precisely to the degree that there is understanding of the Self.

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #70
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Folsom, California
Oddometer: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbender View Post
I was using the Harmonizer on my Ural Patrol this afternoon, I had done it a week ago with my Twinmax but wanted to fine tune it. OK I wanted to play with my new toy. Everything was close, as expected. Adjusted idle and off idle with no problems. Went back to fine tune idle speed and suddenly the display went to -155 mbar and no RPMs. Disconnected the hoses, they are clear and no leaks as they hold oral applied pressure. Reconnected and let it zero, all it does is read 000 mbar. Tried it on my R1100R, which I did with the Harmonizer on Saturday, with the same results, 000 mbar.

I am sending you a PM confirm your address. I'll expedite one out to you immediately.
I'd appreciate you returning the defective unit to me so I can do a fault analysis!
Thanks!
__________________
You can't go backward if you are facing the right direction
Grok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #71
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Folsom, California
Oddometer: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbender View Post
I was using the Harmonizer on my Ural Patrol this afternoon, I had done it a week ago with my Twinmax but wanted to fine tune it. OK I wanted to play with my new toy. Everything was close, as expected. Adjusted idle and off idle with no problems. Went back to fine tune idle speed and suddenly the display went to -155 mbar and no RPMs. Disconnected the hoses, they are clear and no leaks as they hold oral applied pressure. Reconnected and let it zero, all it does is read 000 mbar. Tried it on my R1100R, which I did with the Harmonizer on Saturday, with the same results, 000 mbar.

I had one unit fail like this during the field testing phase.
I cracked open the sensor and found the manufacturer had missed a sealing step during assembly.
It was as if a goop dispenser (fancy technical term) had run empty during sensor assembly.
I have put a pulsed overpressure test in place to catch this type of defect, but obviously one got through.
D'oh!

We'll get you fixed up immediately.
__________________
You can't go backward if you are facing the right direction
Grok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #72
howell_jd
Adventurer
 
howell_jd's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Clinton, MS
Oddometer: 93
Count me in as well!

I just made a purchase as well. Basically looking forward to better balancing!

Jonathan
__________________
Jonathan D. Howell
Lieutenant Colonel, US Army

1972 KMZ "Dnepr" MB650, 2003 BMW F650CS, 2011 Yamaha Vino Classic
howell_jd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #73
ErricZ
Studly Adventurer
 
ErricZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Greenwood/Pasadena, NJ
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
I had one unit fail like this during the field testing phase.
I cracked open the sensor and found the manufacturer had missed a sealing step during assembly.
It was as if a goop dispenser (fancy technical term) had run empty during sensor assembly.
I have put a pulsed overpressure test in place to catch this type of defect, but obviously one got through.
D'oh!

We'll get you fixed up immediately.
Clearly, customer service will not be an issue! Good to know and cements my purchase for this month. :)
__________________
2002 BMW R1150GS - Graphitan, PB riding
2000 Aprilia Pegaso - Blue, for the trails!!
02 Pagsta Choppa, 85 & 86 GSX-R 750 (projects)
2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4x4, do-it-all Pine Barrens Beastie
ErricZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #74
jackd
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: North Cowichan
Oddometer: 2,987
One To Canada

I just ordered one a few minutes ago. All the good reviews here, made it hard for me to resist.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #75
Railbender
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NW PA
Oddometer: 1,017
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
I am sending you a PM confirm your address. I'll expedite one out to you immediately.
I'd appreciate you returning the defective unit to me so I can do a fault analysis!
Thanks!
I will ship the defective unit tomorrow. Thanks for your excellent service.

__________________
The shortest distance between two points is boring.
Railbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014