Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #151
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by grndzr0 View Post
So... Um I think the OP was kinda directed toward people that own the 800gs "would you still buy and 800gs?"

We are all well aware of how happy you are with your purchase X Country.

I have put 11,000 mile on my F800 since i bought it in April. I have ridden it hard off road. Its been down probably 40 times. Maybe that says how much i suck. I have had zero issues with it other than a seeping head gasket.

I am happy that i bought it. It has taken me far more places than i thought it would be able to.

I am fairly certian that you have worn out your welcome. You have thrown 4 year old insults at a fairly respected member in this forum. That is kinda hard to take back.

You are also the first person I am going to have to ignore. Which is even more upsetting because you are wasting more of my time because I'm going to have to have figure out how to do that.

Dude the topic was started by a none F800GS owner and included the triumph 800XC and i don't care if you want me on any thread in the forum seriuosly? Who are you? The respected member you mentioned was the one throwing insults around. Go back and read!! Also he disgraced himself by lieing about Rocket motorcycles and falsely claiming to know the Salesman. Which has never heard of him and never talked to him. Even claimed the sales also insulted me and then claimed he gave him my personal information. All extremely pathetic lies and well just not very respectable. Don't believe me call Rocket Motorcycles. Sad very sad and did i say pathetic? Oh yes i already did didn't i.

Can we now for Gods sakes stop the freaking trolling and just talk about the two great bikes? Seriously can we?
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #152
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndzr0 View Post
So... Um I think the OP was kinda directed toward people that own the 800gs "would you still buy and 800gs?"

We are all well aware of how happy you are with your purchase X Country.

I have put 11,000 mile on my F800 since i bought it in April. I have ridden it hard off road. Its been down probably 40 times. Maybe that says how much i suck. I have had zero issues with it other than a seeping head gasket.

I am happy that i bought it. It has taken me far more places than i thought it would be able to.

I am fairly certian that you have worn out your welcome. You have thrown 4 year old insults at a fairly respected member in this forum. That is kinda hard to take back.

You are also the first person I am going to have to ignore. Which is even more upsetting because you are wasting more of my time because I'm going to have to have figure out how to do that.
If it was not for the 800XC owners on this thread we'd have a bunch of misinformation intentional or not floating on here wouldn't there be?
Old 08-25-2011, 01:17 AM   #153
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
The F800GS is an awesome bike and all owners should be satisfied with it without dreaming about the Tiger. Just don't ride a Tiger if you already have a F800GS!!
Quote:
... Can we now for Gods sakes stop the freaking trolling and just talk about the two great bikes? Seriously can we?

You've answered one of my posts three times trying to get a response from me. You're one sad fucker that's for sure.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:21 AM   #154
lout
AYCIC

Oddometer: 742
so why are you here ?

you've answered the op's question, pissed off most of the f800 owners with your incessant gloating.

Go ride your bike, crash it, post pictures so we can see how it fared. we won't laugh, honest!

actually post a pic of it..just so we know you actually own one....

TASMANIA - Explore the corruption.

Orange paint and 37 clicks of suspension adjustment doesn't make up for being a shit rider :j Mo

It's not that I don't believe in God..I just believe in one less God than you.

Monsanto - The evil that keeps on growing
lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:38 AM   #155
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post

You've answered one of my posts three times trying to get a response from me.
Actually i expected nothing from you. You made a criticism and i answered it i 3 separate ways for the lurker. We have some name calling trolls on this thread that thought they could talk thrash about the Tiger without the Tiger folks correcting the misinformation. We're here correcting it an for those that want to have a grown up discussion.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #156
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Dude the topic was started by a none F800GS owner and included the triumph 800XC and i don't care if you want me on any thread in the forum seriuosly? Who are you? The respected member you mentioned was the one throwing insults around. Go back and read!! Also he disgraced himself by lieing about Rocket motorcycles and falsely claiming to know the Salesman. Which has never heard of him and never talked to him. Even claimed the sales also insulted me and then claimed he gave him my personal information. All extremely pathetic lies and well just not very respectable. Don't believe me call Rocket Motorcycles. Sad very sad and did i say pathetic? Oh yes i already did didn't i.

Can we now for Gods sakes stop the freaking trolling and just talk about the two great bikes? Seriously can we?

First Things First. I am not chosing sides and I would really like for the non-sense to end. Second. Xcountry is right in some regards. There is some mis quoted information in this thread and it is best to clear it up. For anyone reading this it would be best to go straight to the manufacturer website for the real information. And last, it seems to me like this has turned in to a comparison thread (even if that wasnt its intention). You cant expect the T800 owner not to chime in. NOW, can we move on?
PS. If anyone would be so kind as to lend me an F800 I would gladly give you a REAL answer to the never ending question
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:28 AM   #157
Wildman
In my castle

Quote:
Actually i expected nothing from you. You made a criticism and i answered it i 3 separate ways for the lurker. We have some name calling trolls on this thread that thought they could talk thrash about the Tiger without the Tiger folks correcting the misinformation. We're here correcting it an for those that want to have a grown up discussion.
Please quote the "misinformation" regarding the 800XC that prompted your arrival on page seven. Seems to me that 800GS riders were praising the Tiger prior to your first contribution to the thread.

We have some name calling, yes. You deserve it.

We have a troll, yes. You. Your call for reinforcements from Beasts says much about you and your motives here.

We have no one here "trashing" the Tiger. Most have said what a good bike it is but most prefer the 800GS for the type of riding they do. Surely you can't have a problem with that?

You've been told before and I'm telling you again, tread carefully here.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Old 08-25-2011, 08:04 AM   #158
NCD
Dirty Hairy

Oddometer: 483
Sooner or later this thread will stall out......

just like a Tiger 800.
NCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #159
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCD View Post
Sooner or later this thread will stall out......

just like a Tiger 800.

And actually they released the new tune this week. The stalling should be fixed! Key word, Should!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #160
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,639
I`m amazed he`s still here...... Not quite sure why he was unbanned....... Sad thing is..... the thread is turning into a silly mess.......

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #161
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
Quote:
I got my Tiger a couple weeks ago and have been riding a BMW G650 for 3 years. The Tiger is much heaver but does not feel heavy at all on the trail. Some people are saying it feels lighter than a F800GS. I can't verify that but i can say the tiger feels balanced and lite. Its a much much better dirt bike than my BMW G650 thumper. Its so confidence inspiring in the dirt and so smooth on the road. My G650 has the tank under the seat as well like the F800GS but i'm much rather be on the Tiger in the dirt. So i'm not really convinced that the lower tank is making such a huge difference as people are thinking.
Comparing the G650 to to either of these bikes is apples and oranges. I had the F650GS Dakar which is the exact same bike as the G650 you had. Same but with more suspension travel, taller and a 21" front wheel.

So let's compare. The F650 Dakar (single) vs. G650GS/F650GS (single). These are the same bike so they ride similarly except for the 21" wheel, ride height, and suspension travel. Natually the Dakar was better off road. The G650GS capable yes, but not a match for the F650Dakar.

My F650 Dakar vs. my F800GS - when I first got the F8GS and rode it around on road and off... I liked it right from the start & mine has had no problems or recalls so far at 14,700 miles... knock on wood!. People would ask how it rides. I'd say it actually "feels" a lot like my Dakar actually but rides a lot lighter, and is better off road and absolutely destroys the F650 on road." Well it feels a lot like the Dakar but also better too.

Then I'd think about it a second & say... "well actually since my F650 Dakar had the forks redone with gold valves & springs for my weight + an ohlins rear shock + a set of TKC80's on it vs a bone stock F800GS which mine was at that time with the Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires it came with... ["Street Enduro tires for Dual Purpose motorcycles used mainly on roads"] LOL! the F800GS is still better.... a huge step forward.

We are talking night and day difference vs a stock G650GS there buddy.

Begezzus. The F800GS vs. the Tryumphant 800XC... they are pretty similar depending on what you want, who you are and how you ride.

Original Question - with the Tigerth 800XC out would you still buy the GS. My answer about 6 pages ago still stands. Yes, in a heartbeat. I like it.

Oh and your name Xcountry rider. Is that a reference to your old G650 Xcountry bike or your riding experience?
Old 08-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #162
docsherlock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
I`m amazed he`s still here...... Not quite sure why he was unbanned....... Sad thing is..... the thread is turning into a silly mess.......

Erling
I gotta say, chaps, I think you are being a bit hard on XCountry Rider; he does not seem a troll to me and in fact seems pretty polite and reflective in most of his posts.

Now I ain't been here that long and I ain't got a dog in this fight as I don't own either of the bikes (yet), but I've found this thread pretty damn useful - but I'm still swinging from GS to XC as regards the actual purchase.....

Just sayin'......
docsherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #163
Wildman
In my castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsherlock View Post
I gotta say, chaps, I think you are being a bit hard on XCountry Rider; he does not seem a troll to me and in fact seems pretty polite and reflective in most of his posts.

Now I ain't been here that long and I ain't got a dog in this fight as I don't own either of the bikes (yet), but I've found this thread pretty damn useful - but I'm still swinging from GS to XC as regards the actual purchase.....

Just sayin'......
Whatever bike you like, that's the one for you. Everyone here is just saying the F800GS is the bike for them. X-Country is the one whose suggesting that we'd all trade in for a Tiger if we test rode one. It's senseless.

Good talk.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #164
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Whatever bike you like, that's the one for you. Everyone here is just saying the F800GS is the bike for them. X-Country is the one whose suggesting that we'd all trade in for a Tiger if we test rode one. It's senseless.

Good talk.
Glad we had that talk. s
Old 08-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #165
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by docsherlock View Post

Just sayin'......
Perhaps.... But after his 10`th post it became very clear to me...... and ummmm..... several others..... That from here on out .....his posts were pointless.... Relentlessly promoting his purchase......and for the life of him/her....could not understand why we`d not agree. His first few posts were fine....... but then imho the troll took over. Once a thread steers away from being informative......throw in some name calling..... ( not just from him).....the thread becomes pointless.....cluttered... and off target. That`s when the mod`s step in. I have had one of mind rededicated on a different forum........ And it is sad to see a post one starts being ripped to shreds...... That`s what got me cooking......And sadly as well had to push the ignore button for the first time. Other than that...... I have nothing against XCR.......

Erling

ebrabaek screwed with this post 08-25-2011 at 04:57 PM
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote