Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #166
yellowbirdrs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 967
I was in a BMW/Triumph dealership the last month waiting for my GSA to be ready for service and took a test ride in the 800xc and I love it.
Then I had a chat with the owner of the dealer and he told me the tiger is a best bike all around not a lot better but yes a little better in any point.
He sale bought and he knew I was from Mexico so I was not a client for a new bike @ his dealership so I think he give me a trully honest point of view like a rider
yellowbirdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #167
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Whatever bike you like, that's the one for you. Everyone here is just saying the F800GS is the bike for them. X-Country is the one whose suggesting that we'd all trade in for a Tiger if we test rode one. It's senseless.

Good talk.
Are you on a different thread? This whole time i've said was an awesome bike the F800GS is. I'm just trying to have an honest comparison. If we want to compare bikes we can't build up a straw man for the opposing bike and then easily tear it down. Undecided riders need both perspectives from which to make a proper decision. I almost bought a GS i was at the BMW dealer ready to buy 2 weks before my decision to buy the Tiger. The problem here is a couple trolls want to trash the Tiger and oppress all opposing perspectives and make personal attacks if necessary. Why if your so confident in your decision why are you reacting like the chick on the exorcist. head spinning projectile vomiting Huh i really don't get it the F800GS is a great bike why are you acting like insecure teenage girls? it makes no since. You purchased a awesome bike be proud of it and let the anti tiger trolling go. Its not that important. its just another awesome bike.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #168
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,332
Quote:
X-Country is the one whose suggesting that we'd all trade in for a Tiger if we test rode one. It's senseless.

Good talk.
You never know! I know a guy that did just that!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #169
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Please quote the "misinformation" regarding the 800XC that prompted your arrival on page seven. Seems to me that 800GS riders were praising the Tiger prior to your first contribution to the thread.

We have some name calling, yes. You deserve it.

We have a troll, yes. You. Your call for reinforcements from Beasts says much about you and your motives here.

We have no one here "trashing" the Tiger. Most have said what a good bike it is but most prefer the 800GS for the type of riding they do. Surely you can't have a problem with that?

You've been told before and I'm telling you again, tread carefully here.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #170
tofire409
Geared up and ready.

Oddometer: 654
As someone who has looked at and sat on both and who was hoping for some useful insight...yes there is some in this thread (all the crap aside); I will end up with a F800 as I like it better.
tofire409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #171
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,299
it's very simple buy the bike that suits your riding style most of the time...if you ride off road and like to tackle the hard stuff...buy the F800. If you like a more comfortable street ride and want to head off the main roads go with the Tiger. really simple. I have been on both, own a F650GS and my partner and I know what we like in a bike and not. For us a bike termed ADV DS bike should be a comfortable ride on the road as we mainly commute to work and take off when we can when we have days off together or our annual trip. We ride logging roads with the occasional ATV like road. hence why we lean towards the Tiger.

But for now we stay with the Beemer because of financial reasons. Our trip up north was costly but well worth it of course. We need a year to replenish the funds and of course sit back and wait to see what both these companies come up with next.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #172
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
it's very simple buy the bike that suits your riding style most of the time...if you ride off road and like to tackle the hard stuff...buy the F800. If you like a more comfortable street ride and want to head off the main roads go with the Tiger. really simple. I have been on both, own a F650GS and my partner and I know what we like in a bike and not. For us a bike termed ADV DS bike should be a comfortable ride on the road as we mainly commute to work and take off when we can when we have days off together or our annual trip. We ride logging roads with the occasional ATV like road. hence why we lean towards the Tiger.

But for now we stay with the Beemer because of financial reasons. Our trip up north was costly but well worth it of course. We need a year to replenish the funds and of course sit back and wait to see what both these companies come up with next.
If they are going spend more time enduro riding/weekend thrashing on the weekends and not adventure touring they should really take a hard look at the KTM and not the F800GS or the Tiger. My opinion. But if they are going to use the bike to commute and dirt road exploring and then longer trips the Tiger is the better bike. Lets not forget the KTM maybe the better bike for weekend adventure. Its a better dirt bike/dual sport for shorter weekend enduro riding over the BMW or triumph actually.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #173
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Comparing the G650 to to either of these bikes is apples and oranges. I had the F650GS Dakar which is the exact same bike as the G650 you had. Same but with more suspension travel, taller and a 21" front wheel.

So let's compare. The F650 Dakar (single) vs. G650GS/F650GS (single). These are the same bike so they ride similarly except for the 21" wheel, ride height, and suspension travel. Natually the Dakar was better off road. The G650GS capable yes, but not a match for the F650Dakar.

My F650 Dakar vs. my F800GS - when I first got the F8GS and rode it around on road and off... I liked it right from the start & mine has had no problems or recalls so far at 14,700 miles... knock on wood!. People would ask how it rides. I'd say it actually "feels" a lot like my Dakar actually but rides a lot lighter, and is better off road and absolutely destroys the F650 on road." Well it feels a lot like the Dakar but also better too.

Then I'd think about it a second & say... "well actually since my F650 Dakar had the forks redone with gold valves & springs for my weight + an ohlins rear shock + a set of TKC80's on it vs a bone stock F800GS which mine was at that time with the Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires it came with... ["Street Enduro tires for Dual Purpose motorcycles used mainly on roads"] LOL! the F800GS is still better.... a huge step forward.

We are talking night and day difference vs a stock G650GS there buddy.

Begezzus. The F800GS vs. the Tryumphant 800XC... they are pretty similar depending on what you want, who you are and how you ride.

Original Question - with the Tigerth 800XC out would you still buy the GS. My answer about 6 pages ago still stands. Yes, in a heartbeat. I like it.

Oh and your name Xcountry rider. Is that a reference to your old G650 Xcountry bike or your riding experience?
My best friend has a 2005 F650 Dakar and i'de ridden on both the road and dirt and rode with him many times out here in East San Diego out in Anza Borrego. The F650 had the advantage on the dirt roads where i couldn't maintain his speed but when the roads got real technical with slower riding my lighter more nimble bike had the advantage. I took my Tiger out last week end to Corral Canyon ORV area and the Tiger handles the dirt and the rough stuff much better than the G650. The suspension is awesome on the tiger right out of the gate. I did the Desert Dash on the G650 in 2009 and may do it next year on the Tiger.

Desert Dash 2009

Riding with my best friend Sam who's now serving with DEVGRU.

'
Yes i pack heat and ride :)

Riding with another good friend Duaine in Anza Borrego. He's riding the XChallenge and I'm riding the Xcountry.

Xcountry-Rider screwed with this post 08-25-2011 at 09:20 PM
Old 08-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #174
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
My best friend has a 2005 F650 Dakar and i'de ridden on both the road and dirt and rode with him many times out here in East San Diego out in Anza Borrego. The F650 had the advantage on the dirt roads where i couldn't maintain his speed but when the roads got real technical with slower riding my lighter more nimble bike had the advantage. I took my Tiger out last week end to Corral Canyon ORV area and the Tiger handles the dirt and the rough stuff much better than the G650. The suspension is awesome on the tiger right out of the gate. I did the Desert Dash on the G650 in 2009 and may do it next year on the Tiger.
Huh? You're saying your tiger couldn't keep up with a F650 Dakar? Same rider, same bike the F800GS will out ride a F650 Dakar in every condition, every road, every time. On road or off. Enough said.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #175
lout
AYCIC

Oddometer: 768
Still no pictures of your tiger..

Actually if that's you on the back..I'm fucked if i know how you'll throw a leg over, My poodle is taller than that!!

TASMANIA - Explore the corruption.

Orange paint and 37 clicks of suspension adjustment doesn't make up for being a shit rider :j Mo

It's not that I don't believe in God..I just believe in one less God than you.

Monsanto - The evil that keeps on growing
lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #176
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Huh? You're saying your tiger couldn't keep up with a F650 Dakar? Same rider, same bike the F800GS will out ride a F650 Dakar in every condition, every road, every time. On road or off. Enough said.
My G650 XCountry not the Tiger. I haven't ridden the Tiger with my buddy he got transferred to DEVDRU (SPECWAR) in Virginia.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #177
lout
AYCIC

I don't think you have a tiger, I think you are just trolling to get a reaction.

Orange paint and 37 clicks of suspension adjustment doesn't make up for being a shit rider :j Mo

Old 08-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #178
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lout View Post
Still no pictures of your tiger..

Actually if that's you on the back..I'm fucked if i know how you'll throw a leg over, My poodle is taller than that!!
That's my son and riding partner hes packing heat as well :) Thats a kids 22 in his pack and mines a 308. I feel sorry for the jackass that try's something stupid at my house if you know what i mean Would be a very very very poor decision. Did i say very?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #179
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
If they are going spend more time enduro riding/weekend thrashing on the weekends and not adventure touring they should really take a hard look at the KTM and not the F800GS or the Tiger. My opinion. But if they are going to use the bike to commute and dirt road exploring and then longer trips the Tiger is the better bike. Lets not forget the KTM maybe the better bike for weekend adventure. Its a better dirt bike/dual sport for shorter weekend enduro riding over the BMW or triumph actually.

Oh yeah, my daddy can beat up your daddy I am so confused where I ride. Am I doing enduro, off road, dual sport, adventure riding or adventure touring riding. What ever it was, there was a Triumph 800 in our group of BMW's last week and it seemed to do fine. He was not nearly as argumentative or persistent as you are.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #180
lout
AYCIC

wow you must be tough..nm carry on,.....pics of your bike??