Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #181
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by lout View Post
I don't think you have a tiger, I think you are just trolling to get a reaction.

Cuyamaca State Park

Corral Canyon ORV Riding Area

Mt. Palomar

Xcountry-Rider screwed with this post 08-25-2011 at 08:57 PM
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #182
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,259
i have an idea.

take whatever bike you got. and RIDE IT. MAYBE TAKE OR HAVE TAKEN PICTURES OF YOU RIDING IT.

otherwise, whatever. tiger. f800. klr 650. ride it. beat it. break it. make it unhappy under your skill set of awesome.

enough of this bullshit. i'm betting everyone has a motorcycle they can't ride to it's limits, be it an f8, a tiger, or a wr250r. when you ride for cash prizes then front up. otherwise,

GO RIDE. HAVE FUN. RIED MOAR.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #183
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
The F800GS is an awesome bike and all owners should be satisfied with it without dreaming about the Tiger. Just don't ride a Tiger if you already have a F800GS!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Whatever bike you like, that's the one for you. Everyone here is just saying the F800GS is the bike for them. X-Country is the one whose suggesting that we'd all trade in for a Tiger if we test rode one. It's senseless.

Good talk.
Quote:
Actually I never said that at all. Go back and reread the thread.
Your schtick is getting tiresome.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #184
Wildman
In my castle

Quote:
... Seriously its soooooooooo old!! and no i'm not going away so a few fanatics and trolls can start up again posting misinformation.
Again, please quote the "misinformation" in this thread prior to your arrival on page seven that required your intervention.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Old 08-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #185
Wildman
In my castle

Quote:
Not saying I'm tough but there has be threats on here and that's just a reminder not to get to stupid....
You've received no threats.

Your picture of a gun is a reminder that we should not get "stupid"?

I don't think so.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #186
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
You've received no threats.

Your picture of a gun is a reminder that we should not get "stupid"?

I don't think so.
Even though I think this man needs some professional help I think I am going to have to work out how ignore works for the sake of my own sanity.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #187
Fasttrak
Captain Crash

Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksbane View Post
Even though I think this man needs some professional help I think I am going to have to work out how ignore works for the sake of my own sanity.

Click on your pm shortcut in title bar, on the left hand table under Settings And Options, click on Edit Ignore List. Type the nickname of the person you want to ignore in the header that pops up and hit enter. Done and done.

Fasttrak
Old 08-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #188
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttrak View Post
Click on your pm shortcut in title bar, on the left hand table under Settings And Options, click on Edit Ignore List. Type the nickname of the person you want to ignore in the header that pops up and hit enter. Done and done.

Fasttrak
Got it. In CrASh theme. click on user's avatar and then there are list options at the top. Contacts or Ignore list.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #189
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,309
A good review of both by someone who rode both and made a decision.

From F800Riders.org: http://f800riders.org/forum/showthre...-comparo-notes

Hello all,
I have been a lurker here for a while and have decided to jump in!
I currently own a BMW R1200RT and have wanted to get into adventure type riding for a while now. Since I live in Colorado, there is so much off pavement exploring one can do (as I do on my Mt. Bike) that I have really felt limited by my RT.
So today I took the plunge and put money down on a new F800GS.
I spent the last two days at various shops test riding bikes, so I thought my experience may be of interest to some, so here goes...
I have been researching GS bikes for a while now, and decided based on what I want to do, reviews and others input, that the F800GS was the right choice, but the Tiger 800 has also received great reviews. When I went to the dealer, the only F800GS they had was a demo and had been loaned out, so I was only able to try the Tiger. I must say that the Tiger blew me away! I didnt expect it to be so smooth, fast, and manueverable. At this point I hadnt ridden the F800, but I was now having significant thoughts that the Tiger may be THE bike. The dealer let me test a F650GS that was available, and I was pretty dissapointed in comparison. It felt like a "kiddie" bike, very low and cramped, far less power and had a wierd flat spot in the power band at low revs in second gear. I didnt get the opportunity to ride the F800 until the next day, so I could do a back-to-back comparison. The next day, when I rode the Tiger again, I did a more complete test, with some dirt lots, very slow manuevering excercises and high speed starts and stops. My second impression, while still impressed, found some weaknesses in the Tiger I hadnt noticed before. While the engine is very smooth and powerful, I found the low speed/RPM performance was not what I expected, and frankly kind of troubling. On this second test I tried very low speed first gear riding around tight objects. Well, twice the engine stalled and I nearly dropped the Bike! For an Adventure/off road bike I would expect a lot of low end grunt, with the ability to lug the bike at very low speeds as one would do in technical off road conditions. Additionally, the bike stalled on take-off a couple of times. I had to slip the clutch quite a bit and/or keep the revs up to take off with confidence. Additionally, I found it very hard to modulate power in the lower gears. In first or second gear I tried to roll power on as smoothly as possible but couldnt manage to do so without considerable jerkiness. In the dirt I feel it may cause the rear tire to spin very easily. However, up and running the engine is really beautiful, but I began to think that the engine is really more sutied for pavemant duty. My thoughts are that it is a perfect street engine, more like a crotch rocket: fast, smooth and high revving, gobs of power and acceleration.
In terms of handling, both bikes handle very well with the Tiger feeling larger and wider, and slightly less "flickable". The suspension feels stiffer on the Tiger. Since I'm a current BMW owner, I didnt like the controls on the Tiger, but that is personal preference.
The F800 motor, by comparison, had more "grunt", wasnt as smooth, was still very powerful and fast. The Tiger has a considerable "whine" to the engine that was abscent on the F800. I took the F800 through the same course, with first gear, slow manuevers. I could run the F800 to almost a standstill and never once did the engine sputter or stall. Clutch releases were very positive, with no hesitation or stalling. I never needed to rev the engine to get the bike started, as I felt I needed to do on the Tiger. The engine didnt seem to need to rev like the Tiger to develop its power, which to me is a better powerplant for off roading.
So on first impression, I was so impressed with the Tiger that I was seriously considering it. It it amazingly smooth and powerful, however, after more testing, i'm not sure the triple is the best solution for an adventure type (offroad) bike. So I am buying the F800, since it seems overall the best design for true on/off adventure riding purposes.
My $0.02
Old 08-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #190
dsrydr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
The end.
dsrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #191
GoneAgain
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrydr View Post
The end.

we hope

GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #192
tofire409
Geared up and ready.

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneAgain View Post
we hope

+1
Toronto to Maine and back, Toronto to Boston -The Long way, To the Dragon
tofire409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:11 AM   #193
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,153
A last test: let both bikes run through Irene and which ever bike is still on track wins

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #194
blackfly911
Meat Popsicle

Oddometer: 167
Sweet mother, has it occurred to anyone that the easiest way to stop this thread and it's childish banter on "my bike is better than yours" is to stop posting in it?

Just sayn'
Old 08-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #195
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfly911 View Post
Sweet mother, has it occurred to anyone that the easiest way to stop this thread and it's childish banter on "my bike is better than yours" is to stop posting in it?

Just sayn'

Naaa prefer my way. So who's going to get out there? :o)

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote