Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #4276
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaStrom View Post
From the first time we communicated to arrange my stay at the Adventure Loft I knew these were folk I wanted to hang with (not a hammock reference). To be included in part of a leg of Mobius is pretty darn cool and I can't wait to get going. September weather in Alberta can be crazy, there has been frost in the foothills already and we had to turn on the furnace last night. It's looking good for the trip but in the mountains anything can happen. I'm hoping to get at least to the Idaho border before I have to turn around and race for home, the TID will have to wait for another time.

I'm ready, "Bring it On!"

No Nickname for the transport yet, perhaps one will evolve as the ride develops...it does have a Ninja-like look though

[click to show pic]

Wow, frost already. Well, we can handle temps into the high 20's (F). Are the leaves turning yet?

The bike looks great, how you liking the suspension? I'm sure we'll figure out a good name. I have a rear brake master cylinder guard I'll bring along that will probably fit if you're interested. The TID may have to wait, but how about the Tura I??? It's not as serious, but still should be fun .

See you soon.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #4277
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Our new sponsor

Please enjoy the following video which was produced when the chain-oiling system was still in prototype. To get a better idea of how the oiler works, just substitute the word "oil" every time she says the word "mustard":

Because French's wants to keep their motorsports chain oiler stay-clean cap technology from getting stolen, they have only provided us with a prototype that will be disguised by having the same logo and design as their mustard container. I assure you this is no simple mustard container. It is a precisely designed, and engineered chain lubrication system, manufactured to the highest standards, and tightest tolerances. Benefits are:
1. an easily controlled metered dosing system.
2. the system is only active when the bike is stopped, and then only for a brief period of time.
3. one system can be configured to lubricate multiple bikes and chains with minimal disassembly, reassembly.
4. field servicable.
5. rugged.
6. able to be operated with gloved hands.
7. user manual available in multiple languages.

So please join us on the Mobius trip to welcome
French's Stay-Clean Chain Lubrication System
as our new corporate sponsors.

We look forward to a long and fruitful relationship in product testing and marketing.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space

DR. Rock screwed with this post 09-02-2011 at 08:43 AM
Old 09-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #4278
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,045
I hope the Mod Nazi's don't move you to Vendors.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #4279
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Now, now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
Full disclosure: aside from the one prototype they have provided for testing, which isn't even yet available for purchase yet anyway, we receive no funding or special consideration from French's. Not even stickers, or complimentary mustard packets!

Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #4280
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
Wow, frost already. Well, we can handle temps into the high 20's (F). Are the leaves turning yet?

The bike looks great, how you liking the suspension? I'm sure we'll figure out a good name. I have a rear brake master cylinder guard I'll bring along that will probably fit if you're interested. The TID may have to wait, but how about the Tura I??? It's not as serious, but still should be fun .

See you soon.
Some signs of leaves turning but the biggest sign that autumn is here is the Taber Corn
on every corner.
I am loving the bike, left the front suspension alone so I could try it with a load over a distance, but I have emulators waiting to be installed.
Please bring the guard, I'll trade ya for a sweet sprocket puller thingy
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #4281
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 22,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
NICE!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #4282
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Spot tracking

is set up to go live for M8 on 9/9-9/25. Link is in my signature below.

I'm just ticking things off my pre-trip to-do list left and right.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #4283
jeickerman
Full of it.

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
I'm just ticking things off my pre-trip to-do list left and right.

How many pages is this list? 9?

jeickerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #4284
hitchiker_forever
Crazy

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
You mean the TKC-90's? They dropped us as sponsors after this video was released:
The ending made my day.
hitchiker_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #4285
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 833
"they can actually dig a trench in pavement"
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:34 AM   #4286
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,332
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #4287
Bell47Pilot
MonkeyButt

Oddometer: 1,759
Can't wait to see how your top-secret oiler works out! I'm in testing and development for an oiler disguised as a shoe polisher bottle. The little sponge thingy spreads the oil nice and gently over the chain
Ride On
Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010 #1
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the
boundary of disaster. (Sterling Moss)
Bell47Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #4288
Ebbs15
Parttime Saddletramp

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47Pilot View Post
Can't wait to see how your top-secret oiler works out! I'm in testing and development for an oiler disguised as a shoe polisher bottle. The little sponge thingy spreads the oil nice and gently over the chain
I'd be interested in how long the sponge lasts...
Old 09-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #4289
rugbyrtcwka
railroader

Oddometer: 512
Fantastic as usual

Just disappointed that you won't be heading east to Manitoba. Your going to have to make Manitoba one of your mobius legs. When you do we'll make sure your taken care of.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #4290
mtnman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Just don't put chain oil on your hot dogs as you sit around the campfire.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote