ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
kv OP
[none]

Oddometer: 5,048
Late Departure... NC in the A.M.

Leaving out of the Atlanta area at about 11:00 p.m. this evening headed for NC. I'll be camping in a motel somewhere between here and the Fontana Lake region. Nothing's set in stone but I intend to take 28 over to the dam and who knows what else from there. I'll be coming back to GA via the Cherohala Skwy.

If you see a couple 2-up on a silver Tiger, that's probably us!

KV

Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:58 AM   #2
andy29847
Dirt Road Rider

Oddometer: 2,172
Places to stay and eat

I like to stay in Bryson City, NC when I go to that area. There is a motel/campground there that is cheap and motorcycle friendly, The Ridge Top Motel and Campgrounds (US 74, exit 67, down the hill to the stop light, left up the hill by the school to the top). Tell them that Andy sent you and they may charge you more than usual . If you get to Bryson City, breakfast at the Everett Street Diner (downtown near the river) and supper at the BBQ Wagon (on US 19 headed to Cherokee - look for the sign with the big pig) is recommended.

http://www.greatsmokies.com/ridgetop/
ABC#8350
IBA#7647,
Trenton, SC
Smugmug coupon code = bQItjZEfrqLkI
MOAB Ride Report
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:48 AM   #3
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 31,187
hot springs is not far up 209. if you stay at the little hotel in town have either cash or a check. the guy doesn't take any CC's

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," - President Barack Obama
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:42 PM   #4
kv OP
[none]

Oddometer: 5,048
I ended up staying in Murphy and then rode over to Fontana Dam. Ate lunch at Deal's Gap and then came via the Skyway and 68.

Good number of bikes out. Temps on the Skyway were easily 5 degrees cooler than Robbinsville and maybe 10 degrees cooler than Tellico. That's one hot bitch!

Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote