Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Oddometer: 1,350
Team KLX head west

Well here I go again, It's every adventure riders dream to be able to take his eldest son on his first adventure ride, So I'm getting in early so you can follow us through the prep for a ride we are going on in late October. We live in the Hunter Valley of New south wales in Australia, which is a wealthy coal mining area. My eldest son Aaron is 16 years old and will be able to get his Learners permit in a few weeks. Here in NSW a few years ago they changed the law that on your Learners permit you are allowed to ride a 650cc bike now instead of a 250cc, Why I don't know and not sure I agree with the idea, but hey, for adventure riding, it suits us fine.
I ride a 2002 model KLX650R, you may have see it in my other ride report ( Singleton to Innamincka )

I went searching for a bike for Aaron and came up with another KLX650R 2001 model. Why you may ask, well their cheap and have good suspension, It had spent a fair bit of time out in the weather which meant the plastics weren't the best looking, but it did have a big fuel tank on it, which were getting very difficult to source over here.

Not the best loking bike, but we plan on getting to look indentical. The trip to Pooncarie is about 1000 klms and we plan on doing a big loop to have a good look around, so 3000 klms in 7 days will do the trick.
Fogo72 is offline   Reply With Quote