Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:53 AM   #1366
jrod
squidless

Oddometer: 173
Third Batch?

So, any idea when the third batch will be together and shipped out? I think I missed the second shipment by just a couple names.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:24 AM   #1367
Plane Dr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Really hot, use the -10C setting.
Really cold, use the -30C setting.
Rest of the time, use the factory setting of -20C.

Awesomely scientific!
86 RG500WW (gone)

Bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you want, change after the first ride.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #1368
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer: 200
IICE Air

Hi There, I am interested in this thing but cannot find all the information in one place. Such a Loooonnnnggg thread! Can I get a link to a pdf manual containing pictures, instructions, warranty info.. that sort of thing? Also curious if you are still shipping prototypes or this is the finished deal? Thanks
Old 09-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #1369
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsegon View Post
Hi There, I am interested in this thing but cannot find all the information in one place. Such a Loooonnnnggg thread! Can I get a link to a pdf manual containing pictures, instructions, warranty info.. that sort of thing? Also curious if you are still shipping prototypes or this is the finished deal? Thanks
The vendor related info is here
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667661 which covers ordering and sales related info.

This thread has the technical details.
And this post is the instruction manual http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1121

As for pictures this thread has them.

The units that are being shipped are all pre-sold and while there are rumors of an additional production run nothing has been announced yet. There were no prototypes.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 09-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #1370
kktos
on a bright side of life

Oddometer: 2,345
Question

we're all talking about the IICE Air and I thought it was all.
but I took some time to read (for once! :oD) the intro/explanations in the vendor's thread.
looks like there is also the IICE Cool, right ?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #1371
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer (formerly: arsegon) View Post

Hey there Arsegon. Check the first post of this thread for links. I'm sure all the information you need is there.

It's the finished deal.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 02-26-2012 at 01:09 AM Reason: 'Happy Wanderer' was formerly 'arsegon'
Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #1372
Boxerwrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kktos View Post
we're all talking about the IICE Air and I thought it was all.
but I took some time to read (for once! :oD) the intro/explanations in the vendor's thread.
looks like there is also the IICE Cool, right ?
To be made next by The Great and Almighty Master Inventor Poolside ( enough buttering up to get me on the Cool list? )

Awaiting the vendor thread on it!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #1373
grpweld
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Hey Me too!!!

but alas the canbus bikes will be last, = bummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerwrench View Post
To be made next by The Great and Almighty Master Inventor Poolside ( enough buttering up to get me on the Cool list? )

Awaiting the vendor thread on it!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #1374
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
The vendor related info is here
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667661 which covers ordering and sales related info.

This thread has the technical details.
And this post is the instruction manual http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1121

As for pictures this thread has them.

The units that are being shipped are all pre-sold and while there are rumors of an additional production run nothing has been announced yet. There were no prototypes.

JJ
Thanks for the response. I have seen the vendor page and also read over 30 pages of posts on the subject going back to when this project started but I guess I was hoping by now there was some concise document available with the pertinent info. I know we must all sound like idiots to you by now but really, pointing me at 33 more links to look at and try to grok what I'd like to know before I buy... ??? 90% of the posts in the original thread are just gibberish and have nothing to do with the subject so after a while one tends to glaze over!

Anyway, my basic question is that I see you can order one for the 1100 or 1150. No clues as to what the difference would be other than perhaps different thermistors? Is a Motronic V2.2 so different to a Motronic V2.4? I've read a lot on the subject of lean surge on the R259 motors and have tried several "fixes" so that is why I am hesitant to keep throwing money at a surging problem that never seems to _totally_ go away.

Also wondering if making the ECU believe it is -10, -20 or -30 degrees colder than reality will really change the richness of the mixture by very much if at all. I guess it does, hence the 3 jumpers.

There must be some user feedback in here someplace. Maybe I can find some of that to read.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #1375
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Many posts are gibberish you say? What is it you want to hear sweetcakes?

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #1376
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Many posts are gibberish you say? What is it you want to hear sweetcakes?

Sweetcakes?

Seriously?

You might want to take a step back and imagine if you can, that you are a customer.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #1377
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,306
You might want to realize he has nothing to sell you right now. Capische? lol

Why would he do your search job for you? No profit motive and it's already been discussed. He pointed you to it. That's something, right?
;)
Old 09-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #1378
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,232
Seriously, a customer?? That term would only apply if Jim were in this for some sort of profit. Based on the pricing, I'm sure that he's building these in his basement for wages an 10 year old Indian kid in a sweatshop would turn down. If you want "glossy" head on over to one of the other manufacturer's sites that sell the same functionality for 2 to 3 times the price. If you want a great deal on some nice engineering, then commence wading and ask questions when you are sure you can't find the answers in the relevant threads.

Methinks you should change your handle from arsegon to arsehat.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #1379
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer (formerly: arsegon) View Post

Sweetcakes? Seriously?

You might want to take a step back and imagine if you can, that you are a customer.
Yes, meant adoringly. I imagine I wouldn't want to be buying something from you.

In the meantime, please tell me what you want to hear. I will do my best to say it to you.

Failing that, there are some nice categorized links in the first post of the thread.

Poolside screwed with this post 02-26-2012 at 01:08 AM Reason: 'Happy Wanderer' was formerly 'arsegon'
Old 09-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #1380
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,306
And anyway, the more time he spends answering your untimely questions the less time he has to make David Moen's gofasternugen device.

Warranty? It's two dudes in an internet (and possibly irl) basement. How much value do you put in their warranty? They ain't exactly IBM.

How 'bout this one. "Lifetime Warranty: We're two dudes in a basement. This coxsucka might just blow up yo' ride. WTF do we know? "

Everybody on this train has faith in the "team" and the product. If after reading the threads you don't , maybe it's time to move along.

slowoldguy screwed with this post 09-08-2011 at 05:31 PM
Closed Thread