Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Old 09-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #1382
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post

Warranty? It's two dudes in an internet (and possibly irl) basement. How much value do you put in their warranty? They ain't exactly IBM.

How 'bout this one. "Lifetime Warranty: We're two dudes in a basement. This coxsucka might just blow up yo' ride. WTF do we know? "

Everybody on this train has faith in the "team" and the product. If after reading the threads you don't , maybe it's time to move along.
I appreciate the confidence SOG, and the levity

The warranty is like most retail auto/moto electrical parts. No warranty.

As far as durability, I'd have to say that it's nearly as durable as the stock intake air temperature sensor. I say nearly because the stock sensor may be slightly more durable because it's located inside the airbox.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 09-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #1383
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer: 194
Wow. Tough crowd.
I have to say in all my years of internet transactions I have never received such responses from simple direct questions or a vendor (and you are a vendor) who comes with his own crew of online bouncers.

It's just like high school in here. Guys calling you names and basically telling you to piss off while they brown nose to "get theirs" sooner. Pretty hilarious. Anyway, thanks for the education!

For the record, I have worked over twenty five years in the electronics and semiconductor industries. I have sold and serviced multi million dollar installations of semiconductor processing and wafer handling equipment world wide and managed global service engineering teams for said products. I started out as a tech on a bench and have spent countless hours stuffing boards, soldering them and building components and systems. (You know, have gun, will solder) I feel comfortable saying I understand a wee bit about technology.

I have read most of the original thread before I asked questions. I was simply hoping there was a one page blurb somewhere that explained this products theory of operation, tech specs and the usual info that goes with any such device that is for sale commercially. It helps one make up their mind about buying. That's it. Forgive my impertinence.

Arsegon is a whimsical Irish term used by two hilarious TV characters on RTE called Podge and Rodge. Look it up and have a laugh. And maybe take a mild pill while you're at it.

Yikes...
Old 09-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #1384
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer (formerly: arsegon) View Post

Also wondering if making the ECU believe it is -10, -20 or -30 degrees colder than reality will really change the richness of the mixture by very much if at all.

For the record, I have worked over twenty five years in the electronics and semiconductor industries. ... I feel comfortable saying I understand a wee bit about technology.

Arsegon is a whimsical Irish term used by two hilarious TV characters on RTE called Podge and Rodge.
With whimsy. I get that you understand a wee bit about technology. Like you don't know that the density of air changes over temperature.

But there's an education to be found. There's that collection of links to how it all works. You know, say it with me, "On the first page of this thread".

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 02-26-2012 at 01:08 AM Reason: 'Happy Wanderer' was formerly 'arsegon'
Old 09-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #1385
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,357
Wow, a free bump every 2 minutes!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #1386
wrysingfeenix
Dust off those ashes

Oddometer: 626
I've said it before...

Poolside. You have the patience of a frickin' SAINT, demonstrated by:

1. Designing this device

2. Assembling these devices

3. Putting up with the time, trouble, and bullshit that has surfaced in the designing, assembling, and distributing of these devices.

Thanks agains for all that, and for letting us trudge through it all with you.

You too, JohnJen

Incidentally. I have absolutely NO background in electronic/computer technology, and I can explain exactly what it does, why you designed it to do it, and how well it does it. I'm able to do that because I've followed the thread, installed one, and enjoyed it.
---'09 Vespa GT200 Granturismo
---'96 BMW R1100GS Mod Project
Old 09-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #1387
StYd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Thumb

I like it! After letting it languish in my saddlebag for a month, I finally put it in and set it for the -20 setting, 95degree florida humidity. Was able to get aboiut a 40 mile ride in yesterday, and wow. Like has been said, the throttle response is nice and crisp, but what really impressed me was burbling along in 1st gear at about 1700rpms just smooth as silk. no hesitation, or abruptness to the throttle at all.

Cool Beans!

2005 1200GS
Old 09-09-2011, 08:05 AM   #1388
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,308
Can anyone tell me if there is a different model of these IICE for the F800GS vs an 02 1150 GS?

Thanks in advance. I'm on the list & just wanted to confirm.

Oh & Marketing Dept. - any estimate when we'll get to J.G.- in NV?

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #1389
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
I appreciate the confidence SOG, and the levity

The warranty is like most retail auto/moto electrical parts. No warranty.

As far as durability, I'd have to say that it's nearly as durable as the stock intake air temperature sensor. I say nearly because the stock sensor may be slightly more durable because it's located inside the airbox.

SOG, comes across like that sometimes...almost makes ya think he a lawyer Seriously though, be sure to send me his, cause I will have to install it anyway You do not turn SOG loose with even a screw driver
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
Old 09-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #1390
word1
I'm working on it...

Oddometer: 510
Okee Dokee - here are my initial ride reports based on two installs:

- my '02 R1150GS with 92k miles.
Stock except for a full Remus Genesis exhaust plus pre-muffler to replace the catalyst. I've experimented with both the original 'Golden Yellow' CCP (part # 61 36 8 366 282 & connecting pins 30-87) and the 'Steptoe' jumper (30-87a). For my machine the difference is very subtle, but I prefer the jumper.

- Ginny's '98 R1100R with 94k miles.
Stock except for a full Remus Grand Prix exhaust plus pre-muffler to replace the catalyst. The original 'Rose Pink' CCP (part # 61 36 8 366 625 & connecting pins 30-87-87a) was replaced with a jumper to replicate the 'Beige' CCP (part # 61 36 8 366 551 & connecting pins 30-87a). The reasoning behind this was R1100's shipped to countries which did not require a catalyst seemed to be fitted with the 'Beige' CCP. Those sent to the US and fitted with a catalyst had the 'Rose Pink' CCP.

IICE-Aire in "as delivered" setting (-20) and ambient air temp of 65-70F:

Fitting the IICE-Air to my GS resulted in a immediate and noticeable change. Idle is smoother, and all throttle changes are more immediate and crisp. It seems to pull better at low RPM, and also seems happier to rev. It appears to have broadened the useable powerband. A somewhat un-scientific spark plug chop-n-check showed actual color on the insulator! After almost 200k miles worth of looking at Oilhead spark plugs, I've never seen anything but "fish-belly white", so this is quite a change.

Fitting the IICE-Air to the Roadster was a little puzzling. Her machine has always been Very Strong and initially she felt no performance difference. We actually did a 'blind' back-to-back test, and while she could correctly identify when the IICE-Air was installed the difference was very subtle. She explained it as being "smoother" and "more connected to the throttle". The same plug check on her machine showed no real change in plug color.

Both my GS and the Roadster suffer from "pinging" in hot weather, under what I will call "passing" situations. This initial ride was under abnormally cool conditions, so that test will have to wait.

We're about to go out for a week long road trip, so this should yield much more data under a range of conditions.

_jay
If it breaks, Repair it.
Repeat.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #1391
sonic578
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by StYd View Post
I like it! After letting it languish in my saddlebag for a month, I finally put it in and set it for the -20 setting, 95degree florida humidity. Was able to get aboiut a 40 mile ride in yesterday, and wow. Like has been said, the throttle response is nice and crisp, but what really impressed me was burbling along in 1st gear at about 1700rpms just smooth as silk. no hesitation, or abruptness to the throttle at all.

Cool Beans!
You mean when i install this thing I won't have to disengage the clutch and coast, then re-engage to accelerate, then disengage... until I've made it through the school zone... because idling through is a little hard on the neck muscles? I'm gonna miss that Boxer 'f'eature'!!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #1392
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,399
OK JJ, I am dying here. How much of a "donation" do I have to make to your favorite "charity" to get to the head of the line.

Or, Long Beach isn't that big . I'll start driving today, I'll find Poolside sooner or later, then

KIDDING. Reading all these reviews then riding the dirty girl herking and jerking in first gear, well you know!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Old 09-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #1393
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a different model of these IICE for the F800GS vs an 02 1150 GS?

Thanks in advance. I'm on the list & just wanted to confirm.

Oh & Marketing Dept. - any estimate when we'll get to J.G.- in NV?

Thanks.
Ok, cool this post answered the 02 1150 GS question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by word1 View Post
Okee Dokee - here are my initial ride reports based on two installs:

- my '02 R1150GS with 92k miles.
Stock except for a full Remus Genesis exhaust plus pre-muffler to replace the catalyst. I've experimented with both the original 'Golden Yellow' CCP (part # 61 36 8 366 282 & connecting pins 30-87) and the 'Steptoe' jumper (30-87a). For my machine the difference is very subtle, but I prefer the jumper.

IICE-Aire in "as delivered" setting (-20) and ambient air temp of 65-70F:

Fitting the IICE-Air to my GS resulted in a immediate and noticeable change. Idle is smoother, and all throttle changes are more immediate and crisp. It seems to pull better at low RPM, and also seems happier to rev. It appears to have broadened the useable powerband. A somewhat un-scientific spark plug chop-n-check showed actual color on the insulator! After almost 200k miles worth of looking at Oilhead spark plugs, I've never seen anything but "fish-belly white", so this is quite a change.

_jay
Old 09-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #1394
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Or, Long Beach isn't that big . I'll start driving today, I'll find Poolside sooner or later, then
Check by the pool. Just say'n.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #1395
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
OK JJ, I am dying here. How much of a "donation" do I have to make to your favorite "charity" to get to the head of the line.

Just look for the gaggle of paparazzi loitering about in an innocent looking neighborhood, and then look to see what direction their camera lenses are pointed. It's a sure sign of IICE-Aire worldwide headquarters.

KIDDING. Reading all these reviews then riding the dirty girl herking and jerking in first gear, well you know!
The head of the line is approaching all of you guys even faster than you know. It won't be long now.

JJ
Closed Thread